Nostalgia - Great War II

Ardus

Chron, I'm not sure how you named #disgaea2, when the WUT leadership channel was #disgaea3 and was there before that one :P

Must be honest that I liked the Q leadership channel name more, far better showed the megalomania of the bloc.

while talking about Irc # names, A few days ago someone mentioned #NSA stood for something. If some one could tell me?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it definately was a great time to be TOP. GATO nations nearly all had worse airforces, worse warchests, and more useless tech compared to useful infra. We could cut through them quite quick, but in essence we were VERY rapidly overextending ourselves.

The fact that GATO surrendered just when we started to worry about that was great... and the way they did it was even more fun ;)

Must be honest that I liked the Q leadership channel name more, far better showed the megalomania of the bloc.

while talking about Irc # names, A few days ago someone mentioned #NSA stood for something. If some one could tell me?

Well I'm pretty sure it implies that they are an Alliance from a game where you run Nations that are sometimes referred to as States, if you know what I mean.

I remember being Legion's Minister of Communications, which meant I had a nice title and could act like I was important without really being important at all. I was one of those Legionnaires who thought our refusal to enter was complete and total idiocy, so I jumped ship on the first day of war and rejoined GATO. I ended up getting gang-raped by TOP in one of the more impressive attacks made on my nation. I also remember being appointed Battalion Commander of GATO's top nations, and how everyone was getting absolutely clobbered. GATO had such high turnover in the upper ranks due to its constant infighting that there simply weren't that many people who could stay in the alliance long without burning out. After like a week of fighting there was more GATO drama when the foreign minister tried to get peace but was overruled for !@#$%^&* drama reasons, and that was the point I pretty much gave up on GATO.

I think the problem with CN these days is that there are very few fossils like myself left over from the early days, when the political situation was so much more malleable and an MDP was the highest you went with a treaty. Everyone knew where they stood politically. Nowadays, we have leaders who came to power largely during the Hegemony era, and the caution and fear of being rolled still clings as a relic of those times. Hopefully the recent tryst has made it clear where people fall and we'll see more open aggression between the two sides, but I doubt it.

not almost immediately...immediately.

... and now you're going to have me running around in circles trying to figure out who you were from back then. And no, it wasn't immediately, I had to get acclimated to the way CDS ran, worked, etc. etc. and then I started raising objections to just about everything.

I don't believe it made that much of a difference. Not compared to Legion and ODN sitting out, and failing to go nuclear.

While I agree, it was still a pretty monumental mistake. It left us completely open to counter-attack, and pulled in alliances that were still neutral.