Nostalgia - Great War II

Ardus

On January 2, 2007, the alliance of Farkistan was founded and announced to the world. The events that would transpire would set the stage for a total transformation of Planet Bob and its inhabitants. The war went hot with the LUE declaration of assistance for Farkistani refugees under attack by GOONS on January 6th and ended for most on January 15. LUE would remain in the meatgrinder until February 2. The Holy War of Farkistan would wage unabated until June 10, with terms lasting until September 10 and the dawn of the Unjust War. Further details are readily available on the CN Wiki.

For those of us who have been around that long, post some war stories, reminisce about how it was considered not great enough to be a "Great War" at the time (and compare it to our most recent fiasco), and in general declare how the olden days were superior to the current days. Where were you for the six days that changed CN?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was fighting as a foot soldier in the New Polar Order. My nation ended up getting stomped on by a handful of ICP members up until some Nordreich-types jumped them. After that it was really a pretty easy conflict, though rebuilding after it ended took up way too much time, heh.

CDS Government, I think Minister of Defense... before the TDO split that occurred directly after the war.

See you saying that make me think about one thing, how much split alliaces became bigger than the original alliance? I just can think in TDO and NpO and may be PC. Oh and yes you were MoD in GW2.

Hmmmm I was in CDS but I think I fought with ACID during the war as I had pretty much the bulk of thier nukes. Beat on some GOONS and then some NPO nations, made some big gains in cash and tech in that war. Also I of course trolled WUT non stop. I have been in so many wars I forget most of them but, I still recall that one.

I remember those days. It was when BTA was still really young. We went to war with NAAC and the rest of our treatys, declared on CIS. If I remember right we were coordinating with LoSS back then for the blitz. Didnt last to long though cause there were like 20 of us and we got stomped hard by, if I remember right, FAN.

Good times back then, the game seemed so simple compaired to how it is now haha.

1. Failure of the Spectrum Defence Accords to take form.

2. Majority of our allies being too daft to exploit The League's nuclear weapon advantage.

3. The stupidity of 2006 Legion and ODN.

A memorable, but incredibly frustrating era for the three reasons outlined above.