Things You Have Wanted To Do But Never Done

Ragashingo

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1)Make an alliance ruled by randomness. Almost everything (elections, important matters) would be decided by random.org, with a system lessening the chances of unpopular choices.

If you're interested to understand how that works I'll explain in this quote:

Let's say you want to run for the MoIA seat. You post in the election thread that you're running. 3 members quote your post and say "Support!". That makes 4 votes (you+3 members.)

Another candidate announces he wants to run. He gets only one member posting "Support!". That makes 2 votes.

This is what I paste in random.org:

1)You

2)You

3)You

4)You

5)Him

6)Him

So even with 4 votes for you, you only have 66,667% chances of winning.

Same thing goes with war and everyone can post his own choice. It's likely that "Support our allies" or "Remain neutral" win, but one can even post "Attack our allies for teh lulz" or "Civil War", he'll get one chance of that happening.

So yeah, this alliance wouldn't necessarily uphold it's treaties - supposing we find the nutcases required to sign one. I know people had similar ideas in the past, you may contact me on IRC if you made a comparable experiment before.

N.B.: If you had the same idea and are crazy enough to want to start this right now, be it known that I'm not interested at this time, so don't bother to ask. #cn-ccc

2) Go Nuclear Rogue. Yes, I do have a list of semi-famous individuals that probably never heard of me. (semi-famous because picking moo cows or Archon is "not cool, man")

3) Join FAN. But it's clear that I wouldn't fit well in there.

4) Reach 100K NS. Will be done in a few days.

Over the last 3+ years I've done a lot of things in CN. I was once the gatekeeper for new recruits for the most powerful alliance in the game. I was once (or twice maybe) appointed second in command of that same alliance. I've uncovered spies, been a spy myself, helped influence the start of GW1 and even run multiple successful if very short lived CN publications. But there are a few things I haven't yet done that I would like to do:

1. I've always wanted to successfully play the role of an incredibly self important CN personality. Some people like Corinan or Rebel Virginia and others have managed to achieve this state where they can say what they want when they want pretty much because of who they are and they don't even pretend to be reasonable. I've never been able pull that off I don't think. I've tried a couple of times but quickly gave it up because I always felt like I was being too absurd. I just can't be "The Ragashingo" It's just not in me. (No offense intended towards Corinan by the way. He's awesome at what he does.)

Same here, but have come to terms that likely won't be happening. Just strive to achieve that in my alliance :P

3. I've always wanted to be a master spy who actually made a difference. I could do it. Most spies around here are horribly dumb. A competent dedicated spy would have virtually no risk of being caught and would be able to distribute awesome information and or bring down entire alliances through meddling. Unfortunately (and once again) I just don't have the determination to go through with it. To spy as good as I'd want to would require months of work at a minimum and I wouldn't be able to post as Ragashingo or even write like or spell like Ragashingo for all of that time. Plus there's not really anybody worth spying on these days. Thanks Karma...

All I can say is that the Maroon War was especially fun for me.

I've always had a desire to just say screw it and go rogue on people/alliances that I don't like and just keep it going for awhile, much like ivantheterrible and RV.

Also, I always have wanted to try out a larger sanctioned alliance just to see what it was like, I've always been in the sort of small-medium alliances.

Part of me always wanted to form my own alliance, but I'm far too lazy and unmotivated to make it work. Not to mention the fact that if I ever seriously considered leaving Polar again Penguin would probably shank me.

Edited by Fallen_Fool

Found an alliance

Join an alliance part of major blocs

I want to be involved in a global war, circumstances haven't given me the opportunity, whether it was the alliance I was in just didn't get involved, or matters related to me having to leave on external business [ooc] missed the Karma war due to a two month holiday[/ooc]

I also want to stay in an alliance for over a year without it going inactive. The longest I've been in an AA is 270 days (The Revolution)

Edited by Skippy

I've done most of the things I wanted to. I'd like to be a real 'head of the world' at some point, where what I say is listened to by everyone, like the NPO emperors in their most powerful period. And I'd like to reach no. 1 in NS, but I think that's unachievable as many of the nations ahead of me are as active as I am.

I have always just done what I wanted and shall continue to do so. However, the one thing I wanted to do that did not happen was a one on one war with Atlantis, something we worked on and plotted on and then poof it was taken away from us. That would have been fun.

#2) I've always wanted to be an influential character in CN. Not an attention whore or a blundering mishap that makes mistake after mistake but someone who does something to shake up Bob.

Just don't give me any more ammo in the form of amazing things you've said in query to me, and one day, it might actually be possible.

So far:

1. start a Fear Factory/Front Line Assembly-themed alliance called something like Mindphaser Inc. (too busy with TOOL atm)

I'd actually like to see this one.

1) Make it to RC. (almost, chickened out)

2) Make Hoo my secret love slave. (should have been number one)

3) Lead a moderately sized alliance. (maybe someday)

4) Gather a years worth of collections and go rogue on everyone that has ever annoyed me.

edit: kant spell

Edited by Valtamdraugr