Things You Have Wanted To Do But Never Done

Ragashingo

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wanted to declare war freely as a nation, even if it meant leaving my alliance. However the fact that people would demand reps is a huge roadblock.

One used to be able to do this in LSF back in the day (declare was as an individual and eschew protection from your alliance) but they stopped allowing it after being rolled several times because of the practice.

I've actually had one of Raga's desires, to be a good spy. Trouble is, I've invested too much time and effort into building the alliance of which I'm a part, and don't wanna leave just to spy somewhere.

Things You Have Wanted To Do But Never Done?

Hmmm. Do I dare expose my inner-most private moments on the entire world stage?

I think I do.

Kzoppistan unzips his pants.

Kzoppistan walks to the edge of the world stage and exposes his most private moments, waving it around to a horrified, horrified, audience.

Kzoppistan zips his pants up and walks off the stage.

Welp, check one off the list.

Edited by Kzoppistan

Run my own Special Circumstances (Culture Novels) themed Alliance. Alas, no r/l time.

Get elected to worthwile post in a major alliance. See above, plus I never had a pretty enough avatar 'til now. :P

Have any influence on OWF. Though I will survive without it, as I have always done.

Sounds like a great bucket list.

I think it could be great fun, run a spy operation, but whole other thing to actually spy. It would be pretty thankless and unrewarding.

When I played with my first account, It thought "I want to be part of the movement that takes down NPO." I went inactive, came back and about 3 days in I learned about Karma, and CN has never been the same :(

I think what needs to happen is NPO needs to become first again. Win a world war, and then we can all once again have our dreams of _______ing NPO , be it spying, beating, allying, or leading.

edit: I've also always wanted to join the CCC but would never be able to join an alliance that's growth is so limited by its theme.

What in the world would PB do without us?

So far:

1. start a Fear Factory/Front Line Assembly-themed alliance called something like Mindphaser Inc. (too busy with TOOL atm)

2. join or found an alliance based on a theme that hasn't been done before and that I'm interested in (so maybe a Stargate-themed alliance; a pan-Uralic alliance, although FCO is somewhat close to that; a non-neutral Babylon 5-themed alliance :P or something else)

3. Completely finish my Wiki. :ph34r:

(@ SCY - a bigger snag in the CCC is the fact that they're still multi-colour. Trust me, I was a member once upon a time :lol1: But with that said, they took a pounding during Karma War but now they're the biggest they've ever been NS-wise.)

Edited by Uralica

1. I wanted to lead a great war. It was the most fun time I've had in CN and the most tiring/stressful.

2. Wanted to be #1 in-game. Was #1 for all of about 10 days before Motu re-jumped me (I'll catch you again soon)

3. Wanted to gain the respect and admiration of much of CN being seen as a person of reason and someone people actually listen to. I don't know if this has been achieved yet but I like to think I'm striving towards it.

4. Be top 3 gov in an alliance. I've done this multiple times now and I must say I enjoy being gov more so then not being gov for the fact that I am too ADD to not be doing something.

5. I want to be #1 in tech in-game. I won't probably hit this as EB has a significant lead on me but I am about to get to #2 possibly.

6. I want to have the most epic roguery yet. Hasn't happened but it will.

7. I've contemplated starting my own alliance but I don't think I have the patience for noobs much and starting from the ground up is just irritating as the fact that you'll have zero political influence for quite some time. If I could create an alliance that was the top 100 nations in the game and we'd just destroy anyone not in the top 100 and call ourselves something bad $@! then I'd probably do it. I doubt that is very realistic though.

That's my list for better or worse, I don't think it's anything different or major then most people here.

1. Found a successful alliance. Completed.

2. Lead it into the top 5. Still working on it.

3. Be a man of action and reason. I'd like to think I am, when I'm motivated.

4. Reach the Top 100 Nation Ranking Ingame. Working on it.

5. Own Every Wonder. Pretty Close.

6. Reach these goals with the least amount of effort. Sadly, only a pipe-dream.

I've always wanted to raise the GRL above 5 single handedly.

Tech Raids

Don't tell me you're serious. I meant declare on anybody, I thought that was a bit more obvious with the "freely" thing. Meaning no restrictions on who I hit.

7. I've contemplated starting my own alliance but I don't think I have the patience for noobs much and starting from the ground up is just irritating as the fact that you'll have zero political influence for quite some time. If I could create an alliance that was the top 100 nations in the game and we'd just destroy anyone not in the top 100 and call ourselves something bad $@! then I'd probably do it. I doubt that is very realistic though.

That's my list for better or worse, I don't think it's anything different or major then most people here.

I'd deplete my warchest to join that alliance :)

Edit: Crap, double post... forgot I was still in the same thread.

Edited by Drai

I've always wanted to try some counterintelligence, identify spies and feed misinformation before revealing their allegiance and raining hot death upon them, but I imagine it would be difficult for a spy to infiltrate TSO, and I doubt we have many secrets worth the effort.

Plus, without an enemy willing to post our secrets in public(like sponge w/ the tattler), it's hard to know you even HAVE a spy.

2. I've always wanted to lead an alliance that fought for what was True and Right no matter the cost. I wanted to be in command of a group of people who wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice their nations with me in order to stand up for any issue I believed needed defending. We'd be crushed utterly and ZIed but then we'd rise back up and do it again. There are a couple of problems with this dream. 1. I have no desire to actually run an alliance. I would love to sit on a throne and lead, but I would hate to have to actually make things work. 2. I highly doubt there is anybody around here that wants to join an alliance destined to certain doom. Certain doom for a good cause, but certain doom nonetheless. (But feel free to contact me if you do know of a group of a dozen or more highly motivated moralistic players who are desperate to be lead to that certain doom)

I did this one :awesome:

Ever since I realized how impoverished most communities are and how much this game is like sim city, I've wanted to quit but each time I tell myself "not before I get a WRC and do some real damage".

It's sad because overall I think I should have quit a while ago. But once you've invested this much time, the inertia becomes considerable.

The trouble is that I really don't feel like it's worth the effort to make an impact here on the global scale if it is at all possible. This game measures merit predominantly in age and direct political power and so I think your dreams of debating winning the day are untennable. Though you are pretty old...

I've wanted to nuke admin's in-game nation for the past couple of years now. I doubt this is going to be an opportunity that presents itself to me, and I don't even know why, considering it's pretty stupid.

Another thing I've wanted to do is to start a pink team alliance that leads pink from being the home of terrible alliances and the object of constant derision to something like aqua is today. I'm pretty busy and a bit easily stressed out though, so this is a project I haven't initiated. If I ever do, I completely plan to be successful at it.