Things You Have Wanted To Do But Never Done

Ragashingo

Over the last 3+ years I've done a lot of things in CN. I was once the gatekeeper for new recruits for the most powerful alliance in the game. I was once (or twice maybe) appointed second in command of that same alliance. I've uncovered spies, been a spy myself, helped influence the start of GW1 and even run multiple successful if very short lived CN publications. But there are a few things I haven't yet done that I would like to do:

1. I've always wanted to successfully play the role of an incredibly self important CN personality. Some people like Corinan or Rebel Virginia and others have managed to achieve this state where they can say what they want when they want pretty much because of who they are and they don't even pretend to be reasonable. I've never been able pull that off I don't think. I've tried a couple of times but quickly gave it up because I always felt like I was being too absurd. I just can't be "The Ragashingo" It's just not in me. (No offense intended towards Corinan by the way. He's awesome at what he does.)

2. I've always wanted to lead an alliance that fought for what was True and Right no matter the cost. I wanted to be in command of a group of people who wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice their nations with me in order to stand up for any issue I believed needed defending. We'd be crushed utterly and ZIed but then we'd rise back up and do it again. There are a couple of problems with this dream. 1. I have no desire to actually run an alliance. I would love to sit on a throne and lead, but I would hate to have to actually make things work. 2. I highly doubt there is anybody around here that wants to join an alliance destined to certain doom. Certain doom for a good cause, but certain doom nonetheless. (But feel free to contact me if you do know of a group of a dozen or more highly motivated moralistic players who are desperate to be lead to that certain doom)

3. I've always wanted to be a master spy who actually made a difference. I could do it. Most spies around here are horribly dumb. A competent dedicated spy would have virtually no risk of being caught and would be able to distribute awesome information and or bring down entire alliances through meddling. Unfortunately (and once again) I just don't have the determination to go through with it. To spy as good as I'd want to would require months of work at a minimum and I wouldn't be able to post as Ragashingo or even write like or spell like Ragashingo for all of that time. Plus there's not really anybody worth spying on these days. Thanks Karma...

4. Though this is related to #2, I'd always wanted to form a red alliance for the sole purpose of defying the NPO's doctrine that they were the sole alliance allowed on red. My alliance, and I had a clever name for it once which I've now forgotten, would move to red, be crushed in a short lived war, but then win freedom for everyone wanting to start an alliance on red through the force of incredible debating skills alone. Its a shame that the NPO's doctrine was repealed at the end of the Karma War thus dashing my hopes of carrying out this dream. Thanks again Karma!

Anyway, those are my as of yet unfilled dreams. What are yours?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a great bucket list.

I think it could be great fun, run a spy operation, but whole other thing to actually spy. It would be pretty thankless and unrewarding.

When I played with my first account, It thought "I want to be part of the movement that takes down NPO." I went inactive, came back and about 3 days in I learned about Karma, and CN has never been the same :(

I think what needs to happen is NPO needs to become first again. Win a world war, and then we can all once again have our dreams of _______ing NPO , be it spying, beating, allying, or leading.

edit: I've also always wanted to join the CCC but would never be able to join an alliance that's growth is so limited by its theme.

Edited by supercoolyellow

I've always wanted to declare war on a small alliance all by myself and see if I could force any terms from them. Ivanelterrible did it already, I know, but it's just a cool thought.

this is mine as well. I'm bound and determined to try it as my last resort before quitting.

I've always wanted to create a brazilian alliance to protect brazilian players who play CN but don't talk english and because of that can't join others alliances, but I'm extremly lazy and create and lead alliances requires much work so not happening :P

Edited by D34th

I finally decided to act on my desire to lead an alliance on blue. It's down there in mah siggy.

I've also always wanted to lead the diplomatic and foreign affairs activities of a major alliance. Alas, I lost interest in trying to get to that position. :(

Is it pokémon themed? :D

I've always wanted to declare war freely as a nation, even if it meant leaving my alliance. However the fact that people would demand reps is a huge roadblock.

I've always wanted to declare war freely as a nation, even if it meant leaving my alliance. However the fact that people would demand reps is a huge roadblock.

#1) This guy talks sense

#2) I've always wanted to be an influential character in CN. Not an attention whore or a blundering mishap that makes mistake after mistake but someone who does something to shake up Bob.

What out CN, give me a year B)

#3) Nuke Elfriede Riotte of RoA (I :wub: you really)