Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

It figures that Moo wouldn't be able to survive the political fallout of dragging his alliance to the brink of destruction and losing all their allies.

Cortath, please actually make some improvements to the NPO.

Or finish what Moo started with the Karma War.

Either way good luck.

Edited by ShinRa

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cortath? Eh, I'm not sure that's the right choice for better relations with anyone except those who stuck with you already. He's one of the 'old Pacificans', and while that might be just what you need to enact some strong changes internally, there's still a lot of people around who remember that they don't like old Pacifica. Not to mention 'it's impossible to pay those reps!!' from a couple of months ago. I'll keep an interested eye on whether you can push through the change NPO needs.

As for Moo, he's had a good run which came crashing down due to his tendency to trust his IOs to do their job right. In my experience he's always been a mostly absent leader, only appearing (in FA at least) occasionally to direct important issues – and that meant that the IOs were running things most of the time and could screw things up badly. I hope you enjoy your retirement.

Well, we got someone here who people will hope will be reasonable, thus becoming the face of "change" in the NPO. But believe me, there will be none of that. Same IOs are still in power, believe me, however, come to think of it, they held on so long due to a weak-willed Emperor. Let's hope things are different this time around, but I'm not holding my breath.

May I express my satisfaction with the appointment of the person best suited for the job. I hope the meaning of the word revolution is not lost in you, Emperor Blackbird.

Was I now? That would falsely imply I had anything to do with a decision making process I was systematically excluded from. As for reputation, of that I have no doubt. Considering you never dealt with me, that is an awfully bold statement. However, I do admit I may have to defer to your judgment on driving alliances into ditches, you certainly have more experience than I in that regard.

I see at the end you just completely lost it. Terrorist? Death wishes? You should go back on your meds, clearly you aren't presentable without them.

Your last sentence is, well, ironic. Get lost already, sucker.

Its a very deep hole. But Cortath can do the jobs most important to saving the alliance, and frankly, thats what takes precedence over rebuilding itself into a hyperpower.

Yes, that is true. Plus any truly charismatic faces are long gone. I mean, not too long ago someone like James Dahl was the face of that alliance, and most of the IOs are just unbearable. Arrogant, unbearable. You get me. So yes, Cortath is the best fit for the alliance right now. It does not need a personality more than it needs a complete reworking (it did years ago, and even more so now). I still wouldn't mind seeing the IOs thrown out though. A lot of them are simply just worthless pretenders.

I don't support our PAIT, nor do I particularly like the NPO, but I have a fondness for Cortath. I support this move.

He was very kind, supportive, and generally well likable during the viceroy's tenure. He was one of the only ones who didn't go deliberately out of his way to make our lives hell, as some of his counterparts did, (or so it seemed.)

Again, I am glad to see him ascend to the top. Hopefully he can transform the NPO into what it is truly capable of.

Good luck in your retirement Moo. I am jealous that you've been able to drop the burden of leadership and hope that you are able to relax and enjoy it. I prefer, as Archon stated, to remember the good times rather than the bad.

To Cortath: I agree with the esteemed Emperor of Polaris when he states "Welcome to the nightmare of alliance leadership." It's a nightmare, sure, but it is also rewarding. I don't know all that much about you, but those whose opinions I trust tell me that you're a good, wise leader and you should do well. I wish nothing but success while you navigate the hard road ahead for Pacifica. If you desire to speak to me about ongoing CN issues, I can be reached via normal channels. :)

I shall celebrate this change by having a huge steak dinner! :awesome:

Good luck to all involved.

The Bird watched this momentous occasion from afar, as was his own personal tradition to do so. He raised one hand in the air, then slowly moved it back down to his side in a half-circle.

Hm.

He then nodded once, turned, and departed.

Ahh....hehehe.

As expected, to be honest. Mary obviously wasn't going to take over, and the only other alternative to Cortath was Vlad who is inactive. Triyun? No, Mary was more likely to take over than Triyun. I have had great respect for you in "another world", you will lead Pacifica back to #1.

Soon.

Edited by Hell Scream