Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

:ph34r:

npoimperial2.png

Appointment of the Fourth Emperor of the New Pacific Order

Comrades and Brothers(and Sisters)-in-Arms,

I come to you today to pass the torch to a new Emperor, to herald in a new era of peace, strength and prosperity for the New Pacific Order. The last two years have been an exhilarating and wonderful time, where I have done my best to lead us into abundance and glory. While most of the time I succeeded, I have also failed. But out of that failure we have perhaps been given the greatest opportunity of all: to rise out of the ashes a brighter beacon than we have ever been before.

I had planned to step down in August on the day of the Anniversary of the Revolution, which is traditionally when governmental changes happen. However, the war and the peace negotiations caused me to postpone that; I could not leave office until things were finalized and we had begun the payment of reparations. In that regard, we have settled into the routine necessary to accomplish this. We have also begun the process of rebuilding, as our rise through the ranks indicates. Now is the time to begin the transition.

Although I will no longer be Emperor, I have no intentions of leaving this alliance, or going inactive. I will continue to pay reps in tech as I have since we began; I will work in an area as of yet undetermined; the Order will still have the Divine Bovine. I want to thank all of you for your unswerving loyalty and affection; it has been a great honor to serve you and work alongside of you.

It is with every confidence and pleasure that I announce the fourth Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Cortath. He is a man of high character and integrity, as well as vision. I have known him for over four years, both here and in that other parallel universe; a more trustworthy individual would be hard to find. Every task he has undertaken in the Order he has fulfilled admirably; he has turned the Tech Corps into a viable and vital part of this alliance. During the last several months, Cortath stepped up and took initiative where it was needed most by overseeing negotiations and dealing with the Karma alliances. He will lead with his mind and heart in balance, always with the best interests of the Order ever present. He will help heal and rebuild this alliance beyond what any of us have known if you but give him your allegiance.

Cortath is hereby appointed Emperor of the New Pacific Order on this 29th day of September, 2009.

Hail Cortath! Hail the Body Republic! Hail the New Pacific Order!

Emperor Revenge

Divine Bovine Overlord

New Pacific Order

Moo-cows with guns

Moo-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin' To $%&@ With

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*chuckles*

npoimperial2.png

Address from the Emperor of the New Pacific Order

Hail my Comrades, my fellow Pacificans!

Introduction

The Imperator Emeritus, TrotskysRevenge, has served as our Emperor for over two years and is the longest serving leader of any major alliance in the world and in Pacifican history. His hand has shaped the world and ourselves. His accomplishments are many and manifold, and his praises shall be sung throughout Pacifica for years and years to come. Though he has made mistakes, it has only served to solidify the fact of our government: our Emperor is but man, and as Pacificans, it is our duty to unite our sovereignty and our wisdom in that man so that we might support each other and prosper. That we have done so successfully and for so long under one man is a testament to the man and our system of governance.

I came to this world living on Red and I joined the New Pacific Order as a common soldier. I fought in many wars for Pacifica, early on, before my nation's growth became a size that I became a Banker. Myself, along with Bakunin's Dream and others, came up with the idea for the New Pacific Order's Technology Corps, which I then founded and ran or co-ran for most of its existence. As a Banker, I learned about economics, becoming an Executive of the Pacific Bank. I also took to writing, as a common Scribe for the Media Corps and in other cultural positions.

I eventually rose to become an Imperial Officer. My story is not an uncommon one in the New Pacific Order. As an alliance of hundreds of nations, we are a ground upon which those with merit can prove their worth and find themselves with more responsibilities and duties. Though imperfect, as all things are, our meritocratic system is the best in the world.

Emperor

The Emperor of the New Pacific Order is an autocrat. The word autocrat was first used when the great revolutionary, Delegate Francos Spain, overthrew the userite yoke. For the first time, Pacifica was ruled by all Pacificans. Autocrat means “self-ruler.” It means full and complete sovereignty.

The power of the New Pacific Order has been in our autocracy, our refusal to permit any infringing on our sovereignty.

When our Body Republic unites its sovereignty in an Emperor, the Emperor promises to protect that sovereignty, but also asks for something far more difficult to give from the people: their wisdom. It is a simple task, after all, to unite sovereignty in the Head of a self-ruling alliance, but far more difficult indeed, is the challenge to unite their wisdom in one person. Though sovereignty is absolute, wisdom never can be, for we are but man, and it is the skill of our past Emperors and our leaders that we have been so successful in bringing our collective wisdom together.

As Emperor, I ask every single Pacifican to unite our wisdom in the Order. I ask you to join our Departments and Corps. Become Recruiters! Become Bankers! Join Military Intelligence or Battalion Command! Every single Pacifican has skills and experiences that they can offer to Pacifica, and in contributing your wisdom, you make all of us of stronger.

Part of that wisdom, also, is in strengthening our leadership institutions. Only with strong and decisive leadership institutions can our Order remain strong. We will broaden the circle of advisors who counsel the Emperor and Imperial Officers by placing greater public trust in the Imperial Advisory Committee and the Council.

Part of reforming the Order is strengthening those Imperial institutions at the top. From top to bottom, our leaders must demonstrate wisdom and courage to speak truth to power. We will enact policies to ensure more communication of the Imperial Officers and to broaden our consensus for policies.

Peace, Strength & Prosperity

The heart of Francoism is that it is a philosophy that allows us to adapt and change. Francoism demands that we realistically and rationally examine ourselves – we must celebrate our glories, learn from our mistakes, and fix them. Pacifica has always stood under three pillars of governance: peace, strength & prosperity. As Emperor, I pledge to you that I shall do all in my power to achieve peace, strength & prosperity for the New Pacific Order. I ask for your pledge to rededicate ourselves to that goal, so that we make thrive and bring glory to our Order.

Part of attaining our goals is ensure that our meritocratic structure remains as strong as ever. That means members must look at our institutions and how to improve them. It means we must be truthful to honest to each other. A good Comrade is one who picks a Pacifican up who has fallen and helps him to walk again. A good Comrade is one who speaks the plain, respectful truth to all Pacificans who will hear it. And as good Comrades, we must rebuild our foreign relations based on those same principles: truth and frankness combined with genuine and mutual help.

I ask of no man more than I am willing to sacrifice myself. And no sacrifice is too great for Pacifica!

I look forward to the future. Though our enemies sought to punish us with the terms we were given, and punish us they did, they also forced us to create the most efficient economic apparatuses in the world. I expect nothing but spectacular growth in the future.

The Revolution that is Pacifica is an ongoing one. As the world changes, so will we. In the past we have changed too slowly, bringing a hammer where a screwdriver was needed or lawyers where friendly faces would have been better. Now indeed the world has changed once more, and though we were perhaps too slow to recognize it, I have full confidence that the speed with which we shall overtake the world shall be as awe-inspiring as it will be great.

Forever onward! Hail the Imperator Emeritus TrotskysRevenge! Hail the Body Republic! Hail the New Pacific Order!

Emperor Cortath

New Pacific Order

Comrade Chuckles

Edited by Cortath