Foreign Affairs Dispatch from the New Pacific Order.

I seem to recall Delta or someone like that saying, at the start of the war, that there was no chance of RIA cancelling this.

Pretty sure that Delta meant there was no chance of RIA cancelling a treaty in order to go to war against NPO.

Which is clearly not what's happening here.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to both alliances as they part ways. May as well close this thread, Sparta already informed us how Pacifica's membership feels about it.

Sorry, I guess people can't post opinions anymore on here. Considering they voted to cancel it, I doubt they're feeling too down about it.

EDIT: Good luck RIA :D

Edited by Matthew Conrad

Good riddance.

Haha, I know it seems like that to you now, but RIA are good folks.

Hard to say where the path will lead down the road and you may end up friends again.

It may seem strange to say at this junction but... best of luck to both parties. (I mean that sincerely).

It is actually good to see as the premise of the treaty seemed to be rooted in individuals rather than alliances. That's pure speculation from what I have read and observed, but none the less, should that be true then cancellation is well warranted especially in these trying times.

It's nice to have personal connections, but often we find that the individuals who push the treaty may not always be speaking for the alliance as a whole.

Good luck to both parties as they move forward.

Since change is in the air...
There was a 'this is our plan, what do you guys think?' topic, and we answered

And who says bad stuff can't come out of wars?

If NPO leadership is listening to the Body Republic thats a major shake-up in how things work there.

If NPO leadership is listening to the Body Republic thats a major shake-up in how things work there.

They do not have a choice. They are getting annihilated over there, and the last thing Pacifica needs is a mass defection.

I'm glad that other citizens of Planet Bob feel they have the right to speak for me, and others in the NPO.

Did the treaty make any sense? No.

Are we upset that something we all saw as a redundant treaty is gone? No.

Does it still sadden me as a member of the NPO's Diplomatic Corps and a fan of peace on Bob that we canceled this treaty, and do I honestly wish the RIA the best in the direction - opposite as it may be - that they are headed? Absolutely.

Good luck to both alliances as they part ways. May as well close this thread, Sparta already informed us how Pacifica's membership feels about it.

Glad to be of service.

Haha, I know it seems like that to you now, but RIA are good folks.

Hard to say where the path will lead down the road and you may end up friends again.

It may seem strange to say at this junction but... best of luck to both parties. (I mean that sincerely).

One sentence paragraphs are the way of the future :v:

Yes it is a major shake up. But I so far have been very very pleased with the results. A lot of people were upset when we signed the MK treaty, its a heck of a lot easier to make decisions when theres a big long thread of public opinion to guide you. They aren't polls, or binding, their just opinions, but they've been a great help to making policy decisions. For instance, we were all gung ho on some red unity efforts, until the BR said overwhelmingly that they wanted to take it slow. It turned out to probably be a better decision.