Foreign Affairs Dispatch from the New Pacific Order.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never understood why this was signed in the first place :huh:
My initial assumption for the rationale behind this treaty was that NPO wanted more diplomatic leverage when dealing with its Continuum allies and Polar, while RIA wanted some semblance of protection from the proven aggressive tendencies of all of them, including NPO. Nothing has ever come to light since its conception to change that opinion.

Also probably a good decision for both parties at this point.

Edited by Fallen_Fool

This treaty made absolutely no sense anyways. I really dont see why anyone is trying to come up with the most innovative cheap shot about this. Worthless treaty that should have been dropped long ago instead of hung onto as if it could serve some purpose after the war. That is probably why NPO dropped it and not Delta, they realized why it was still there.

Anyways, its amusing to see folks tired of waiting for the war to do all the dirty work of dropping treaties.

My initial assumption for the rationale behind this treaty was that NPO wanted more diplomatic leverage when dealing with its Continuum allies and Polar, while RIA wanted some semblance of protection from the proven aggressive tendencies of all of them, including NPO. Nothing has ever come to light since its conception to change that opinion.

A good explanation, I tried find words to argument with you but I don't know how explain why this treaty was so strange for me. I'll have to accept your fail explanation Fallen Fail Fool :P

We all wish RIA the best of luck in their future endeavors.
Good riddance.

Someone else pointed out the hilarity of this, but it bears repeating.

Sadly life goes on.

Sadly?

/me writes out a 'scrip for PixelProzac

The BR said overwhelmingly that they agreed in canceling the pact. So we sent a few unarmored suicide runners along with some fully armored pigeons to carry the message along.

Since when did the Body Republic ever have a say in the FA direction of the NPO?

We have a winner. I know at least the Rok and Fark treaties was signed as such, combined with the fact Dilber is a fairly awesome guy. Quite possibly it was different with RIA, but only Delta and RIA gov at the time of the signing knows all the minute details.

This treaty made absolutely no sense anyways. I really dont see why anyone is trying to come up with the most innovative cheap shot about this. Worthless treaty that should have been dropped long ago instead of hung onto as if it could serve some purpose after the war. That is probably why NPO dropped it and not Delta, they realized why it was still there.

Anyways, its amusing to see folks tired of waiting for the war to do all the dirty work of dropping treaties.

It was going to be cancelled when NPO gets peace anyway and I severely doubt we would have re-signed it after their peace terms ended. It's not like it was some strategy to ally with them after the war or anything.

Anyways, I can't say I'm sad to see this treaty go, at all.

Edited by California King