Foreign Affairs Dispatch from the New Pacific Order.

So your terms are justice, yet the terms NPO gave to GATO and others aren't? They were certainly justified in their eyes? Tell me, what makes it righteous when you do it? Also, do not question my memory, for I have not forgotten what they have done. But just because they did this things does not give you the right to.

Now, tell me, are you sure people would target RIA just as they did NPO had they been the ones to cancel the treaty? Maybe you can speak for yourself, but can you speak for the world? I think not, and being the judge of character that I am, I can tell you that they wouldn't dare say anything negative about anyone other than the NPO. Why? Because the NPO is a weak target, and just like the NPO, Karma is characterized by bullies who love an easy target to demonstrate their "strength" on. Human nature really, so I can't blame them for doing it. It's not like they can help being what they are.

Also, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from editing my statements. Thank you.

The destruction of a peaceful GATO is not equivalent to the punishment of a very guilty NPO. The justice doled out should fit the crime which the demands being made of the NPO certainly do.

Target just as? No. The NPO earned this as well. But target? Yes. We would see most of the same people calling the treaty worthless. Karma so far demonstrated their strength on the strongest alliance and strongest bloc in the game. They have not bullied the weak yet and they never will. And you sure do complain a lot against Karma for someone who claims to be unwilling to blame them for what they do. I detect someone being less than honest.

Also, I have quoted you word for word. Or can you prove otherwise?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The destruction of a peaceful GATO is not equivalent to the punishment of a very guilty NPO. The justice doled out should fit the crime which the demands being made of the NPO certainly do.

Target just as? No. The NPO earned this as well. But target? Yes. We would see most of the same people calling the treaty worthless. Karma so far demonstrated their strength on the strongest alliance and strongest bloc in the game. They have not bullied the weak yet and they never will. And you sure do complain a lot against Karma for someone who claims to be unwilling to blame them for what they do. I detect someone being less than honest.

Also, I have quoted you word for word. Or can you prove otherwise?

GATO spied on the NPO, in the NPO's eyes that is. So yes, they believe their war and terms were justified, just as you believe your war and terms to be justified. So, with that in mind, can you explain to me how this is somehow different?

People would call the treaty worthless because the NPO signed it. They would praise RIA for canceling it though, instead of mocking them as they do NPO. That is my point.

Also, I complain a lot now for pointing out hypocrisies and double standards? You know, the NPO used the "quit whining" argument against me too. No, it wasn't terribly effective.

As for your editing, I do believe I post in blue, no?

GATO spied on the NPO, in the NPO's eyes that is. So yes, they believe their war and terms were justified, just as you believe your war and terms to be justified. So, with that in mind, can you explain to me how this is somehow different?

People would call the treaty worthless because the NPO signed it. They would praise RIA for canceling it though, instead of mocking them as they do NPO. That is my point.

Also, I complain a lot now for pointing out hypocrisies and double standards? You know, the NPO used the "quit whining" argument against me too. No, it wasn't terribly effective.

As for your editing, I do believe I post in blue, no?

The war with GATO had nothing to do with spying. And it doesn't matter what something looks like in someone's eyes. What matters is the truth. The truth is that the war against GATO was one of the least justified wars in CN history while the Karma War was one of the most justified.

People have already criticized RIA for not canceling the treaty. Your point only holds water if you ignore the facts.

If you were pointing out hypocrisies or double standards I'd be on your side. You however are not. You are complaining about less harsh terms that are more than just. The NPO occasionally does good. Being against you was one of those occasional times.

As for my editing, I have quoted you word for word. You can pretend to be special when talking with others, but not to me.

The war with GATO had nothing to do with spying. And it doesn't matter what something looks like in someone's eyes. What matters is the truth. The truth is that the war against GATO was one of the least justified wars in CN history while the Karma War was one of the most justified.

People have already criticized RIA for not canceling the treaty. Your point only holds water if you ignore the facts.

If you were pointing out hypocrisies or double standards I'd be on your side. You however are not. You are complaining about less harsh terms that are more than just. The NPO occasionally does good. Being against you was one of those occasional times.

As for my editing, I have quoted you word for word. You can pretend to be special when talking with others, but not to me.

One could also argue that the war on GATO could be seen as "karma" as well. It all depends on the eye of the person making the statements no?

GATO spied on the NPO, in the NPO's eyes that is.

Incorrect, the war with GATO (if we are thinking of the same war) was started when Chris Kaos was let back into GATO's government as DMoIA, which was against the peace terms from the previous war many months before. Regardless though, it was a valid CB.

One could also argue that the war on GATO could be seen as "karma" as well. It all depends on the eye of the person making the statements no?

Which is exactly what I have been saying this entire time. Justice and injustice, right and wrong, it is all in the eye of the beholder. Karma can demand blood money all it wants and say NPO had it coming, but sooner or later someone will enact vengeance on Karma and claim to be in the right. Really, if Karma really wants to prove a point they can try being the bigger man and maybe show some respect towards the defeated, instead of hurling insults whenever the opportunity arises, as they have done here because you canceled a treaty. I mean, insults for canceling a treaty, something done everyday. How's that for moral superiority, eh?

Anyway, looks like I'm done here. It seems that some people have bought into Karma's propaganda to the point it is impossible for them to see reaon. Oh well, can't say I didn't try.

Incorrect, the war with GATO (if we are thinking of the same war) was started when Chris Kaos was let back into GATO's government as DMoIA, which was against the peace terms from the previous war many months before. Regardless though, it was a valid CB.

You're right, and I wouldn't have normally made that mistake, but it is late. However, my point still stands.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Which is exactly what I have been saying this entire time. Justice and injustice, right and wrong, it is all in the eye of the beholder. Karma can demand blood money all it wants and say NPO had it coming, but sooner or later someone will enact vengeance on Karma and claim to be in the right. Really, if Karma really wants to prove a point they can try being the bigger man and maybe show some respect towards the defeated, instead of hurling insults whenever the opportunity arises, as they have done here because you canceled a treaty. I mean, insults for canceling a treaty, something done everyday. How's that for moral superiority, eh?

Anyway, looks like I'm done here. It seems that some people have bought into Karma's propaganda to the point it is impossible for them to see reaon. Oh well, can't say I didn't try.

I'm sure you could sway the masses away from those time and time again.

I'm sure you could sway the masses away from those time and time again.

I did it once, I can do it again. Let it be known that as of this moment I, Rebel Virginia, declare a war on cowardice, hypocrisy, and general sucking everywhere. Alone, and armed only with truth and balls, I charge into the fire. No one will be spared my wrath.

Sorry, I guess people can't post opinions anymore on here. Considering they voted to cancel it, I doubt they're feeling too down about it.

EDIT: Good luck RIA :D

By all means, post away. Had I meant anything more by it or meant to infer that I hated Sparta for the strain and tyranny they impose impose on the rest of us, I would have wrote a hardly coherent diatribe about it. However, it was merely a joke, and I should have put the cute smiley face next to it. I happen to think you all are ok guys.

I did it once, I can do it again. Let it be known that as of this moment I, Rebel Virginia, declare a war on cowardice, hypocrisy, and general sucking everywhere. Alone, and armed only with truth and balls, I charge into the fire. No one will be spared my wrath.

I, for one, welcome our Virginian overlords :P

You honestly think that counts? If an MHA government member at any point looked at the declaration of war and did not know it was to be posted that night, then NPO violated the treaty.

With all due respect, that's not what the term says. The relevant term is below:

Notice of offensive military action by one must be given to the other no less than 24 hours prior to the commencement of hostilities. This time period will be used for the consideration of whether to undertake supportive offensive action.

Nowhere does it indicate that the notice must indicate precisely when hostilities begin.

If you don't think along those lines, MHA attacked IRON; that's a simple fact. Your thinking that MHA attacked IRON is somehow diluted because of pieces of paper is irrelevant to the treaty.

MHA attacked IRON honouring a defensive agreement. The clause prohibits MHA from attacking IRON aggressively; i.e. not honouring a defensive agreement.

So then you do not deny that the MHA-NPO treaty was violated?
By a plain reading of III.A., this is a treaty violation. MHA has clearly stated that they intended this treaty to be a non-chaining treaty, though; I would suggest a rewording of III.A. Note that MHA did defend NPO against bandwagoners, which is in line with their interpretation of III.A.

Reading comprehension is awesome.

The terms are not harsher. The ones offering the terms are very much interested in justice.

You know, I always wondered this, and finally decided to ask: What's the flavour of KoolAid that Karma serves? We only get orange and fruit punch, and I'm hoping we can expand our selection.

Sure, but you'd be a total moron for arguing so. As I said before different people see things different ways, but there is always the truth, and your argument wouldn't be even close to that.

You know, I always wondered this, and finally decided to ask: What's the flavour of KoolAid that Karma serves? We only get orange and fruit punch, and I'm hoping we can expand our selection.

It's actually a carbonated drink called Big Red. I'll lend you some once your war lasts as long as FAN's or your terms last as long as GATO's. Until then you'll have to stick to the same brain wasting stuff they always serve in the NPO.

I don't think anyone can deny that the terms given to them are simply ridiculous, and quite vindictive. Not meant for anything other than to embarrass them and get revenge. You aren't interested in justice, just to humiliate them and set the seeds of resentment in them, and start the whole cycle over again. As Sponge has said countless times, the cycle needs to be broken somewhere, but you people are too petty to step up to the plate. And your responses to the NPO simply canceling a dead treaty shows that. I can guarantee you that would not be giving RIA a hard time had they been the ones to do announcement. When will you people simply let go of your grudge?

did you think of all the terms they have given out added up

or did you just want an argument

You fail to realize the true reason for the Karma war. A few alliance leaders did not simply watch the NPO's slaughter of GATO's troops and agree to rise up; the NPO had made an empire through the tactics of betrayal and disrespect of their own allies. They had done wrong by just about everyone over these past few years, and eventually their dissenters rose through the ranks of soon-t-be Karma alliances and sought revenge. Revenge, not justice (If someone could translate that into Latin for me I'd definitely use it, assuming it sounds cool). So talk all you wish about "mercy, forgiveness, and morality," but NPO will not and should not get peace until they can make a case for themselves and convince Karma that their blood no longer tastes so sweet.

You fail to realize the true reason for the Karma war. A few alliance leaders did not simply watch the NPO's slaughter of GATO's troops and agree to rise up; the NPO had made an empire through the tactics of betrayal and disrespect of their own allies. They had done wrong by just about everyone over these past few years, and eventually their dissenters rose through the ranks of soon-t-be Karma alliances and sought revenge. Revenge, not justice (If someone could translate that into Latin for me I'd definitely use it, assuming it sounds cool). So talk all you wish about "mercy, forgiveness, and morality," but NPO will not and should not get peace until they can make a case for themselves and convince Karma that their blood no longer tastes so sweet.

Unfortunately once one comes to favor the taste of blood it is a taste that stays with them. Even if it doesn't others may not trust you when you say that such hasn't stuck when you say it hasn't. Much like how people are absolutely unwilling to listen to NPO when they say they have changed.

No one cares about how their actions now will affect them later. They are too busy chasing that sweet taste.

They had done wrong by just about everyone over these past few years, and eventually their dissenters rose through the ranks of soon-t-be Karma alliances and sought revenge. Revenge, not justice (If someone could translate that into Latin for me I'd definitely use it, assuming it sounds cool). So talk all you wish about "mercy, forgiveness, and morality," but NPO will not and should not get peace until they can make a case for themselves and convince Karma that their blood no longer tastes so sweet.

Stonewall you are right about revenge not justice. I think all RV is pointing to is that it is revenge, and he is against revenge.

Also which alliance as old as NPO has not done wrong by the eyes of it's allies? FAN sure did, and I was there and enjoyed my trip to ZI for FAN, but to say that we hadn't done wrong would be nuts. We attacked a protectorate of the NPO. We cut a deal with NAAC, even though we didn't honor it, as a stalling tactic so that we could focus on Legion. We pushed YN5 and had runins with GOONS and \m/.

Gremlins can turn around to TOP and say we did wrong by them on some issues even. And to me they are my closest allies, and I won't go into Citadel.

Any alliance past a year of existance has done wrongs, none of us are saints. Ambition, anger, they all come up. You want to hold on to those years of hatred, it's your choice. Me I think it's a waste, and caution against it because someone is bound to hold on to thier hate towards you if you don't work hard to break the cycle. And will it stop the hate if you stop holding on to it? No. But if enough of us do, it will no longer be acceptable.

So be careful with revenge, because someone somewhere believes you have wronged him at some point and if you live by it, I'm sure you will one day find yourself at his mercy and he will show none if you have never.

On topic, if the treaty became useless it's good to see you cancel it. I wish both the best.

"Ultionis non justicia" is what I came up with.

Aequitas is the root word for equality, while justicia is the root word for justice.

Thus justicia is a better choice in the context of the motto, although both words are synonyms.

"Ultionis non justicia" is what I came up with.

Aequitas is the root word for equality, while justicia is the root word for justice.

Thus justicia is a better choice in the context of the motto, although both words are synonyms.

They both work, but Jaxon can take his pick.

Don't forget the tears, too. It's the mixture of both that's particularly delicious.