This Week in Pacifica

So for any sincere true apology we all have to make threads on how we've hurt you?

No, but when he gives me a *(&* poor apology like that and then continues to argue it further, I think I deserve one. Given the length of time I've gone without a sincere apology, I think I deserve one.

Let someone disrespect you in the way he has, and then give you the sad excuse of an apology he gave. Think of how much that would just ^&^* you off.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dakota, why even bother? It's pretty clear that he's not sorry and that he's not going to apologize. Demanding an apology from Bilrow will more likely just get another few hilariously snide comments from him, unless thats what you were looking for?

Calling someone a whore/slut is implied to OOC, hell, someone with the "aids comments" could have easily made the excuse "I meant I hope your IC CHARACTER DIES OF AIDS" or something similar if he had your same logic. Sorry, trying e-lawyering your way out of this mess, but the point still lingers. Name calling, when you don't have thick skin yourself, is laughable my friends.

This is coming from perhaps one of the most civil posters from these boards, this is as harsh as I probably can get, yet the most civil when it comes to this subject.

And your apology is about 2 and a half years late bro.

I hate you and I endorse this message.

Also I can't wait until Slayer99 shows up and starts criticising Bilrow for not being able to "man up to [his] critics". Any second now...

[ooc]When you have stalkers calling your house and threatening your wife over the game let me know and I might have some sympathy for you. Getting "offended" over being called a name on an online game is a bit ridiculous, in my opinion.[/ooc]

Well that sucks, and whoever did that belongs in an asylum, but still there's a difference between joking and malicious name-calling.

[ooc]When you have stalkers calling your house and threatening your wife over the game let me know and I might have some sympathy for you. Getting "offended" over being called a name on an online game is a bit ridiculous, in my opinion.[/ooc]

I hate to say an overused meme, but this man just won the thread. <_<

i like pointing out the inadequacies of the GGA as much as the next guy (there are oh soooo many of them) but....

this sig is in rather poor taste Schatt.

scotch.jpg

I thought that the statement was in poor taste. Don't point the finger at someone who is repeating it without addressing the person saying it in the first place.

I hate to say an overused meme, but this man just won the thread. <_<

Incorrect. The presence of greater offense does not justify lesser offense. Genocide does not justify individual murder. Murder does not justify punching somebody in the face. Physical threats do not justify blatant insults. I feel for Ivan's unpleasant experiences and the psychopath who harassed his family deserve to pay accordingly, but that doesn't make Bilrow's actions any less of a dick move nor Lady Dakota's request any less reasonable.

[ooc] I think that is completely horrible. It shouldn't happen period. I'm very sorry that this has happened to you. How ever when the same person who gets offended when someone mentions that fact that he has an incurable disease and demands an apology and punishment on the spot, has the nerve to call me(or any other female player for that matter) a slut and not apologize for it. It just flat out ^&*(es me off. Further more, it just isn't right. Don't demand justice when you don't treat others justly. [ooc]

Edited by Lady Dakota

I, for one, don't think Lady Dakota was THAT offended by Bilrow's insult. If she was I apologize in advance. What everyone is saying is that Bilrow used the OOC card to end a war, only to go the same route his "offenders" did a few months later. And he's !@#$%^&*ting his way out of it. We're just calling him what he appears to be here: a hypocrit. OOC attacks have nothing to do in this game, whether they are an insult, a joke on a disease or threatening of a member of your family.

Also, OMG IVAN GOING OOC!1!!

Another great read.

Please for the love of Admin MK, leave your PIAT at that. An MDP would just be a huge mistake based of the actions shown here.

As for Bilrow, I am curious ... how do you know or identify someone as being a slut IC? That just baffles me :unsure:

Ejay, your remarks as always are on point.

Incorrect. The presence of greater offense does not justify lesser offense. Genocide does not justify individual murder. Murder does not justify punching somebody in the face. Physical threats do not justify blatant insults. I feel for Ivan's unpleasant experiences and the psychopath who harassed his family deserve to pay accordingly, but that doesn't make Bilrow's actions any less of a dick move nor Lady Dakota's request any less reasonable.

I do believe we're thinking on different wavelengths, to put it succinctly.

Also, your point need not be elaborated that extensively, because less people take it seriously when you overuse and overstate the same unequal analogies.

Wait, what are we talking about now?

OOC: How did this go from a CN Radio thread to another "ZOMG OOC ATTACK" thread? While we haven't had one of these in a while, I wasn't missing them.

It was noted Bilrow was being a hypocrite within the OP. As for the reasonings, they are relevant as to the explanation of him being an hypocrite, thus related to the OOC attacks. It is related for reasoning purposes only, though hopefully wont derail off to another "OOC IS BAD". We know, we all do, but don't cry when you do it, but cried when it was done to you. (You = Figuratively) And..Many agree, just never say it.

Edited by Ejayrazz

I do believe we're thinking on different wavelengths, to put it succinctly.

Also, your point need not be elaborated that extensively, because less people take it seriously when you overuse and overstate the same unequal analogies.

We are clearly on different wavelengths. You don't seem to have the same appreciation for hyperbole and logical extremes as I do. ^_^

That said, I'm not so sure we're on topic anymore.

I thought that the statement was in poor taste. Don't point the finger at someone who is repeating it without addressing the person saying it in the first place.

i made the mistake of taking it at face value at first, i should go back and edit my post but i'm too lazy.