This Week in Pacifica

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole discussion fits in because it puzzles me why NPO is calling out MK for actions that they and their allies are defending to this very day.

And, to be honest, I can't offer any input as to what my alliance or NPO should do regarding the radio. I don't have that authority. If we so offend you, I trust the NPO to make a decision that best suits their interests. Nothing more to add.

Edited by El Pilchinator

Why exactly would you be "playing Devil's Advocate" in a situation such as this? I did notice those posts, but I could not help but pick up the scent of backpedalling rather than the revelation of your supposed true intentions.

Edit: Poor choice of words.

Edited by Revanche

Why exactly would you be "playing Devil's Advocate" in a situation such as this? I did notice those posts, but I could not help but pick up the scent of backpedalling rather than the revelation of your supposed true intentions.

Edit: Poor choice of words.

[ooc]Mainly because I'm a roleplaying enthusiast, have been for two decades, and it annoys me when people dismiss that possibility out of hand. I've expounded on that in the OWF if you care to take this up there.[/ooc]

Someone has to.

Also, WN has in the past quite relished the role. You ought to remember what he's like. ;)

holy crap 14 pages already?

Great issue.

1) DerekJones getting attacked by GGA? wow.

2) Ironchef: UR IN OUR HOMEZ READIN OUR CONVOZ

3) ochocinco gets bumped up a few spots on my favourite player list.

holy crap 14 pages already?

Great issue.

1) DerekJones getting attacked by GGA? wow.

2) Ironchef: UR IN OUR HOMEZ READIN OUR CONVOZ

3) ochocinco gets bumped up a few spots on my favourite player list.

DerekJones: Making Hizzy go "Wow" since four minutes ago :P

DerekJones: Making Hizzy go "Wow" since four minutes ago :P

Dude, this is gonna rattle my brain for the rest of the day. I'll end up in pharmacology class with a prof asking about rheumatoid arthritis and my answer will be "he's getting attacked by GGA".

Someone has to.

Also, WN has in the past quite relished the role. You ought to remember what he's like. ;)

No, the Devil's Advocate is not a role that needs to be played in every situation. I think it is fairly clear here that Bilrow is attempting to justify his vile insults towards a player by hiding behind the piss-poor excuse of an IC criticism. Not only was it entirely out of context for it to be classified as an insult towards the character, rather than the player, but unless there is a Cyber Nations: Blue Edition, I do not believe there is any way for a character to adequately display any form of promiscuity. Bilrow is as transparent as cling wrap, and has displayed to the public once more that he is nothing more than a petty hypocrite whose only concern with 'OOC attacks' is how he can utilise them for political gain.

And I am not sure what you are alluding to with your second line. I am not that familiar with WalkerNinja, outside of his prior stint in ODN government.

Edited by Revanche

Good issue, makes me wonder why the NPO's complaints weren't addressed to the people in charge of cn radio as it happened but rather saved it to just complain about MK in their thread. Makes me wonder what else they're holding back in order to use as a grievance later on.

Good issue, makes me wonder why the NPO's complaints weren't addressed to the people in charge of cn radio as it happened but rather saved it to just complain about MK in their thread. Makes me wonder what else they're holding back in order to use as a grievance later on.

you're in NSO, I'm sure you can think of something ;)

Dude, this is gonna rattle my brain for the rest of the day. I'll end up in pharmacology class with a prof asking about rheumatoid arthritis and my answer will be "he's getting attacked by GGA".

I soiled myself with laughter.

Interesting issue.

A few notes on Web radio:

1. It is not governed by the FCC. Want Disneyesque language? That's what regular radio is for...

2. I've listened to enough CN radio to know that it is not the most professional production on the Internet. It is by far not the worst either.

3. Think you can do better? Get a mic and get on the air. I'm sure that bros & co. will gladly fill you in on what's required in terms of hardware and software.

OOC: If I ever do web radio and no, I've not been asked for an interview or to host a show, expect something profound, profane, and entertaining. People don't listen to CN Radio to hear adult contemporary and several hours of Sean Hannity or God forbid Al Franken ranting about inflated NS numbers in light of modifications to the game by Admin.

Well our bloc's name IS Complaints and Grievances!

fakeEDIT: Sorry he said grievances and I had to post something semi witty.

Well, they did hold onto their little CK grievance from August 07 for nearly eight months before using it, instead of addressing it when it came up. So yes, such a tactic would not be unusual for them at all.

Interesting issue.

OOC: If I ever do web radio and no, I've not been asked for an interview or to host a show, expect something profound, profane, and entertaining. People don't listen to CN Radio to hear adult contemporary and several hours of Sean Hannity or God forbid Al Franken ranting about inflated NS numbers in light of modifications to the game by Admin.

OOC: Franken worse than Hannity? Really?

IC: I very much enjoyed this issue, it made me chuckle a few times. Keep going Schatt.

Edited by Shodemofi