Announcement from the Viridian Entente

Unverifiable insults and "reasons" are worse for conducting yourself publicly, though, imo. I don't expect VE to reveal the truth of each point on their list and why they feel that way, so it's not really any more entertaining than watching a bunch of pre-schoolers mock each other in the playground.

Though valid, the reasoning I am not upset is because alliances handle their conduct differently according their own specific protocols. For instance, TOP would most likely to remain respectful merely because its your protocol usually, however I am sure many things occurred privately which could produce this "they don't deserve respect' feeling, however, I do think the op wasn't specifically insulting. I think a few things in this thread have been blown out of proportion. Could they have done it better? Yes. Is it the worse announcement? No. It is in between, this is why I feel VE didn't intentionally wish for this to be a smack in the face. If they did, this announcement would be worded completely different.

Like stated, some things in this thread are merely blown out of proportion. Respectfully stated, Dan.

Edited by Ejayrazz

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If an alliance did that to myself I'd be offended. I would speculate there're many in IRON who feel the same way.

You know, one would think that if you were going to cancel on the two largest alliances in the game. you would at least try and keep it low key. Touting reasons in public really doesn't keep things low key. I'm not sure why you'd think it was beneficial to throw in a few last parting shots at IRON and NPO, but I've heard that waking sleeping giants isn't beneficial to your health.

People people...how many times has it been posted here...VE didn't cancel on IRON, IRON canceled on VE and the reasons have been conveyed privately to them. Regarding VE's reasons, I dont know if those reasons include IRON or not because VE's posted those reasons for canceling other treaties..unless offcourse, we sent VE that list and said thats why we're cancelling on ourselves lol. Anyway, it doesn't matter, enjoy the publicity from the 'same ol' crowd if you know what I'm referring to ;) and Good luck and Hellscream, you bad boy :P

No most alliances care more about their precious stats than actually, you know, doing something other than collecting them while writing new treaties to sign. Wake me when they shut the server off. Better yet, somebody take a risk or two and stop playing it like you're going to get an electric shock to the genitals if you make a mistake.

Also the average OWF lurker is also an alliance member. You seem to be forgetting that. Granted they aren't a member of an alliance you'd ever stoop so low as to give a damn about but some of us care more about the big picture than your people do.

I don't think VE doing this is a huge risk because it looks to me like they thought the other two treaties would be inevitably canceled and wanted to beat them to it.

And if you are going to try and pander to the OWF crowd, you should make sure you at least come out of it looking better. As a lurker who doesn't know the full story I personally don't think they did.

Though valid, the reasoning I am not upset is because alliances handle their conduct differently according their own specific protocols. For instance, TOP would most likely to remain respectful merely because its your protocol usually, however I am sure many things occurred privately which could produce this "they don't deserve respect' feeling, however, I do think the op wasn't specifically insulting. I think a few things in this thread have been blown out of proportion. Could they have done it better? Yes. Is it the worse announcement? No. It is in between, this is why I feel VE didn't intentionally wish for this to be a smack in the face. If they did, this announcement would be worded completely different.

Like stated, some things in this thread are merely blown out of proportion. Respectfully stated, Dan.

I think this is a good reason to not call/hail it as classy, as many people are doing now. ;)

Edited by ROMMELHSQ

Most alliances care more about relations with other alliances than the entertainment of the average OWF lurker, I'd think.

Never thought Q was about friendship as much as it was about real power and the safety it offers. Especially since there were PLENTY individual MD(oA)P's between signatories signed after it, lol.

I agree that it's not the best nor the worst, I suppose I should stop caring that people perceive it as "classy". I merely would have done things differently, to the detriment of all entertained, my apologies.

Rommell said it nicely.

I don't think VE doing this is a huge risk because it looks to me like they thought the other two treaties would be inevitably canceled and wanted to beat them to it.

And if you are going to try and pander to the OWF crowd, you should make sure you at least come out of it looking better. As a lurker who doesn't know the full story I personally don't think they did.

Sorry for the double post, but given the reaction of the signatories in question i doubt they were planning to cancel VE too soon. So your whole "they just went ahead and said <you're not firing me, i quit> to get an upper hand and some good PR" kind of falls.

Edit: yeah it could've been worded better like ejay and rommel stated, i agree with that.

Edited by uaciaut

Yep, I had the pleasure to be able to watch all of this from the "insight perspective".

From that perspective, I see an apology about a week too late, not even heartfelt, cause in the thread where it should have been posted, VE never looked like they even realized their doing as anything but dishonorable and cowardly (ie them threatening and blackmailing an alliance much smaller than their own with the imagined backing of the very alliances they now attempted to humiliate in this thread), and when they found out that their now fomer allies didn't quite agree with that childish and aggressive behaviour, and possibly were (or in the case of IRON already had) on their way to cancel the treaties, they thought "hey, how about we cancel those treaties asap before they do" [insert "I quit, you can't fire me analogy" here] throw in some nice sounding apology to appeal to the anti NPO/allies crowd, and hope no one notices it.

Well, I did notice it.

Indeed, classy entertainment for the masses VE, bravo *applauds*

Hm, now I know where that blatantly false version of the chain of events in regards to that dead incident has been coming from, uninformed general members perhaps? Fortunately, we at VE have the undisputable full logs of everything involved to refute that, as we have shown to our friends and allies. Furthermore, the situation is solved and as you have seen by the posts in this thread your allies at The International agree. Please learn what your talking about before you post because whether you are forming this conclusion on your own or whether it is what you have been told I can assure you that it is false, and I can back up my statement with more then just conjecture.

On another note, while I understand you are obviously feeling tough, if you think for a moment that we were in any sort of danger of destruction then you have been staring at the shadows on the wall for too long and need to step out of your cave because you have a very, very warped sense of reality.

You have two choices, you can ask your allies in The International how they feel about you rehashing a dead situation considering you clearly have no idea what your talking about and VE and International are finally on good terms or you can sit here and put your foot in your mouth over and over again.

I think this is a good reason to not call/hail it as classy, as many people are doing now. ;)

I never hailed luckily. I said 'interesting'.

I just hate when one party gets pissed over the other for disrespect then resorts to disrespect themselves - some more so than others. ;)

Yep, I had the pleasure to be able to watch all of this from the "insight perspective".

From that perspective, I see an apology about a week too late, not even heartfelt, cause in the thread where it should have been posted, VE never looked like they even realized their doing as anything but dishonorable and cowardly (ie them threatening and blackmailing an alliance much smaller than their own with the imagined backing of the very alliances they now attempted to humiliate in this thread), and when they found out that their now fomer allies didn't quite agree with that childish and aggressive behaviour, and possibly were (or in the case of IRON already had) on their way to cancel the treaties, they thought "hey, how about we cancel those treaties asap before they do" [insert "I quit, you can't fire me analogy" here] throw in some nice sounding apology to appeal to the anti NPO/allies crowd, and hope no one notices it.

Well, I did notice it.

Indeed, classy entertainment for the masses VE, bravo *applauds*

If you could good Sir, please explain how you watched this all from 'the insight perspective', and how that entitles you to throw around accusations such as we attempted to blackmail a smaller alliance.

We admit we acted brash and made some mistakes. We weren't attempting to blackmail a smaller alliance with the backing of NPO, IRON and GGA. That's pretty ridiculous you would suggest that. We misinterpreted some things and upon taking a step back we decided we were wrong in our judgements. We were too quick to judge which ultimately lead us lead down that path, it was not because our goal was to blackmail for tech.

Way to entirely miss the point. :v: I never said what VE did was a huge risk. I said no one takes risks. And to be quite honest the reaction this is getting is pretty much pro-VE because it looks to the world at large like they're divorcing themselves from your gang of thugs.

Also for those of you participating in perhaps the most retarded argument I have ever seen on this forum - who the hell cares if it was classy or not? What happened that turned us all into the etiquette police?

I never hailed luckily. I said 'interesting'.

I just hate when one party gets pissed over the other for disrespect then resorts to disrespect themselves - some more so than others. ;)

I know you didn't, you aren't one of the people, you a special one :wub:

Haflinger, usually you're a smart fellow but that was just stupid.

You're trying to make them look bad as if they're lying, by pointing out that they're paying for the tech.

I know .. And at the going rate too ... You'd think we would have jacked the prices or somethings. Such tyrranists we are.

Sorry for the double post, but given the reaction of the signatories in question i doubt they were planning to cancel VE too soon. So your whole "they just went ahead and said <you're not firing me, i quit> to get an upper hand and some good PR" kind of falls.

Edit: yeah it could've been worded better like ejay and rommel stated, i agree with that.

But that's exactly what the did with IRON. I'm guessing they figured it was only a matter of time before the other alliances canceled on them, whether that was accurate or not.

It looks like we know where ODN and TOP are going to stand in this.

I'm just speaking for myself in this thread, I haven't seen a whole lot of TOP discussion on it and I'm not in gov.

Edited by Joe Kremlin

It looks like we know where ODN and TOP are going to stand in this.

Eh, Dan is merely stating his stance on the conduct. In your eyes, he is pro-ODN side, right?

I was stating the opposite, I felt the situation was blown out of proportion and VE wasn't entirely 'insulting', so I am pro-VE right?

We are neither. We hold hands and watch Barney dude. ;) I think he was just trying to prove a point, like myself, though his allies are directly involved so it shouldn't be a surprised, whereas I am just some random dude. ;]

Edited by Ejayrazz

I mean, lack of muscle can humble someone pretty fast.

Edited for clarity.

I can assure you that VE still has enough muscle.

Honestly, ODN needs a government member to come along with a classic "No ODNers are allowed to post in this thread" because you guys are pretty bad at OWF debate. ;)