Announcement from the Viridian Entente

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But this topic is not about our short but not nice encounter in the past but about VE.

If you wish anything else to know/hear, pm me.

True, lets keep this on topic.

Edited by erikz

weren't you the one condemning VE for being childish earlier? you are perhaps one of the biggest hypocrites on this forum good sir.

To the International, this is why I really wish you went to the RIA for mediation like we offered, we were at the table as a neutral mutual ally who really just wanted the situation resolved in a way that was beneficial to both parties. I hope you see that going to the local schoolyard bullies is just getting your alliance and the whole situation used as political leverage and propaganda while people throw out half truths.

I just hope that you see those allies are only so supportive now because they can use supporting you for unrelated political gain and that if they couldn't have they would not have thought twice about turning their backs on you..

I did help mediate a little bit toward the end, actually.

But this topic is not about our short but not nice encounter in the past but about VE.

Really? I thought it was about ODN turning over a new leaf to support allies.

Nope, you were right, it's about VE and 3 other alliances which, funnily enough, aren't ODN.

That's what exactly happened. ODN was belligerent towards VE at the beginning alongside accusing them of extortion and faking logs. VE then retaliated with their own belligerence. Perhaps you should ask your government for full logs, considering you seem to be under misguided beliefs.

Ok, VE were victims of ODN's belligerent acts, and because they felt threatened by ODN being so aggressive, they threatened INT, demanded that INT expell their leader to ZI him.

Makes sense, gotta admit that.

Ok, VE were victims of ODN's belligerent acts, and because they felt threatened by ODN being so aggressive, they threatened INT, demanded that INT expell their leader to ZI him.

Slewed, slewed, incomplete, slewed some more, editted, slewed ... And then now I think we've reached Shilo's level ... Perhaps ...

Really. Shut. Up. Please. Please for the love of Admin.

weren't you the one condemning VE for being childish earlier? you are perhaps one of the biggest hypocrites on this forum good sir.

To the International, this is why I really wish you went to the RIA for mediation like we offered, we were at the table as a neutral mutual ally who really just wanted the situation resolved in a way that was beneficial to both parties. I hope you see that going to the local schoolyard bullies is just getting your alliance and the whole situation used as political leverage and propaganda while people throw out half truths.

I just hope that you see those allies are only so supportive now because they can use supporting you for unrelated political gain and that if they couldn't have they would not have thought twice about turning their backs on you..

wait wait wait wait wait, did you just call ODN the local schoolyard bullies?

I did help mediate a little bit toward the end, actually.

I know delta but it wasn't until after ODN did their thing which they are now trying to leverage for personal gain. In the end I am glad at the resolution between VE and INT it is the residual effects from third parties that are annoying ne considering their "disgust" is laughable and transparent at best

wait wait wait wait wait, did you just call ODN the local schoolyard bullies?

someone with a persecution complex and a need to show how tough they can be trying to scare people into doing things with half truths and false accusations. Sounds like your average schoolyard bully to me.

Edited by KingSrqt

I know delta but it wasn't until after ODN did their thing which they are now trying to leverage for personal gain. In the end I am glad at the resolution between VE and INT it is the residual effects from third parties that are annoying ne considering their "disgust" is laughable and transparent at best.

It's the involvement of third parties at all period that's brought it to where it is.

Truth be told, Craig was doing just fine on his own till they came along.

So you are calling ODN schoolyard bullies?

Also, I have a huge vested interest in seeing bad things happen to VE. Yep. It's been like, at the top of my to do list for the last 6 months.

Are you trying to compete with GGA? What is your purpose in this thread?

I'd strongly suggest you become more adept at reading and posting in the OWF before bringing in an anti-VE crusade for (seemingly) no reason. You are simply making yourself look like a fool who has no other intent than to attack VE and flaunt your power (?).

Also, I have a huge vested interest in seeing bad things happen to VE. Yep. It's been like, at the top of my to do list for the last 6 months.

No because to actually be classified as a bully you would need to have successfully bullied someone. To date I believe ODN has yet to do so.

Why would you be a bully? I would be more afraid to be fighting with the ODN than to fight against them.

Fortunately for you they just canceled quite a few treaties - perhaps you should consider actually doing something about it rather than pointless posturing?

I believe I made my analysis perfectly clear. I don't know what your motivations are but your alliance's continued bringing up of a resolved situation which the International seems quite happy with at the moment sure does seem to show that you have some type of motivation to smear VE.

Fortunately for you they just canceled quite a few treaties - perhaps you should consider actually doing something about it rather than pointless posturing?

That was sarcastic. Our relationship with VE before this had been pretty neutral/friendly. The idea that we for some reason wished to harm VE, or that we benefit of this greatly is insane.

After reading the thread I don't see what all the hate/hissy-fitting is about. VE canceled some treaties. It happens. Not 36 page worthy IMO.

EDIT: And of course my post ends up on the 37th page.

xD that kind of thing always happens doesn't it?

Edited by joracy

Hm, now I know where that blatantly false version of the chain of events in regards to that dead incident has been coming from, uninformed general members perhaps? Fortunately, we at VE have the undisputable full logs of everything involved to refute that, as we have shown to our friends and allies. Furthermore, the situation is solved and as you have seen by the posts in this thread your allies at The International agree. Please learn what your talking about before you post because whether you are forming this conclusion on your own or whether it is what you have been told I can assure you that it is false, and I can back up my statement with more then just conjecture.

On another note, while I understand you are obviously feeling tough, if you think for a moment that we were in any sort of danger of destruction then you have been staring at the shadows on the wall for too long and need to step out of your cave because you have a very, very warped sense of reality.

You have two choices, you can ask your allies in The International how they feel about you rehashing a dead situation considering you clearly have no idea what your talking about and VE and International are finally on good terms or you can sit here and put your foot in your mouth over and over again.

That would be -1 Karma if logs were expected to be confidential.

also hai Mr. Secretary of Defense.

That would be -1 Karma if logs were expected to be confidential.

also hai Mr. Secretary of Defense.

Both sides of that situation showed logs to their alies. Keep throwing things at that wall though something might stick eventually.

IRON and TORN decided to bring the ol' heffer in too for the final meeting as well ... So much for confidentiality anyways. Like NPO had any reason to be there either.

Everything was resolved between INT-OV-VE with zero outside interference. None of this would be as it is now if y'all knew when to keep your nose in your own business and not try and force/persuade decisions down each side to fit your own personal agendas.

Considering I've seen every one of the logs involved in the incident, including Proximus's logs, I'd say your analysis of the situation is quite off. The actual situation was involving the USA-Int merger. Int talked to OV about potentially letting USA off their terms earlier so they could merge. They came to an agreement to cut the terms down to 400 tech on their end, however, Int never talked to VE about the merger and got their agreement. Later, after Int talked to VE, both parties agreed that the merger would be possible and that on their end, the terms would be cut down to 750 tech in 3m/100 deals. That makes for a grand total of 1150 tech, down from an original total of 1500 tech. When the situation appears finished, ODN comes and accuses VE of extortion, saying VE was present at the original conference between Int and OV, saying they agreed to 400 tech. However, logs confirm that there was no VE representative present in the first conference between OV-Int. ODN then accuses VE of faking logs and were belligerent towards VE. Proximus, the ODN secretary of defense, then threatens VE in another conversation with a third party. After numerous conferences, some blustering and belligerence by both sides, and allies trying to mediate, the situation gets resolved as we know it. An apology by Craig and later VE apologizes for their part in the diplomatic faux pas.

Your interpretation of the facts are one-sided, and we'd all appreciate it if third parties kept their mouths closed. This has been settled, and comments like yours are unhelpful.

edit: This comment applies equally to all sides. The dispute between INT and VE has been resolved, and everytime someone opens their mouth, they open old wounds. Let it die, people.

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig