Announcement from the Viridian Entente

But that's exactly what the did with IRON. I'm guessing they figured it was only a matter of time before the other alliances canceled on them, whether that was accurate or not.

The OP DOES state that IRON canceled first. Why would NPO and GGA follow in canceling? Because IRON did it?

@chickenzilla: i see no big war around the corner so i don't get the tinfoil hat about potential stances of some alliances based on some opinions in this thread. You're really making way too much out of this.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, Dan is merely stating his stance on the conduct. In your eyes, he is pro-ODN side, right?

I was stating the opposite, I felt the situation was blown out of proportion and VE wasn't entirely 'insulting', so I am pro-VE right?

We are neither. We hold hands and watch Barney dude. ;) I think he was just trying to prove a point, like myself, though his allies are directly involved so it shouldn't be a surprised, whereas I am just some random dude. ;]

I meant in the whole International buisness. Orange before green. You guys read way too much into my posts.

Eh, Dan is merely stating his stance on the conduct. In your eyes, he is pro-ODN side, right?

I was stating the opposite, I felt the situation was blown out of proportion and VE wasn't entirely 'insulting', so I am pro-VE right?

We are neither. We hold hands and watch Barney dude. ;) I think he was just trying to prove a point, like myself, though his allies are directly involved so it shouldn't be a surprised, whereas I am just some random dude. ;]

I think this could be the schism that lets TOP roll Grämlins like everyone knows they want to. Exciting stuff.

Just so you all know we are classy. We have many leather bound books and our homes smell of rich mahogany. Doesn't get much classier than that.
and boxes of Cohibas. Can't get more classier than that.

Could use some more monocles.

And a fine brandy.

But that's exactly what the did with IRON. I'm guessing they figured it was only a matter of time before the other alliances canceled on them, whether that was accurate or not.

Judging from Moo's reaction when this happened, I'm pretty sure that discounts your guess

I meant in the whole International buisness. Orange before green. You guys read way too much into my posts.

Only because I know how sneaky you are and needed an excuse to mention that AoE2 game that I await with you. :P

Also, o/ Orange, the best sphere.

Indeed; it's called unpaid reps.

Err....k.

Maybe your missing something or think you know the situation better then you do. No worries though.

Edit: However no need to derail the topic, feel free to come find me for clarification.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Well, that's either the light at the end of the tunnel or a train coming the opposite direction...

I suppose we will wait to see.

However, nevertheless, VE has truly earned the respect of the cyberverse by canceling treaties they feel to no longer be holding their own weight. Love, it is a two-way street- Best of luck to all parties.

Hm, now I know where that blatantly false version of the chain of events in regards to that dead incident has been coming from, uninformed general members perhaps? Fortunately, we at VE have the undisputable full logs of everything involved to refute that, as we have shown to our friends and allies. Furthermore, the situation is solved and as you have seen by the posts in this thread your allies at The International agree. Please learn what your talking about before you post because whether you are forming this conclusion on your own or whether it is what you have been told I can assure you that it is false, and I can back up my statement with more then just conjecture.

On another note, while I understand you are obviously feeling tough, if you think for a moment that we were in any sort of danger of destruction then you have been staring at the shadows on the wall for too long and need to step out of your cave because you have a very, very warped sense of reality.

You have two choices, you can ask your allies in The International how they feel about you rehashing a dead situation considering you clearly have no idea what your talking about and VE and International are finally on good terms or you can sit here and put your foot in your mouth over and over again.

I know you don't want to admit that what happened a week ago is connected to the VE cancellation of those two treaties, and IRON cancelling with VE, and TORN cancelling with you guys, but it is.

I don't feel tough, I quite clearly pointed out that it was Craig, the leader of the alliance you and your allies threatened, who spared you from war (had you gone through with your ultimatum of demanding Craig being expelleded to be ZIed by you guys :) ).

If you could good Sir, please explain how you watched this all from 'the insight perspective', and how that entitles you to throw around accusations such as we attempted to blackmail a smaller alliance.

We admit we acted brash and made some mistakes. We weren't attempting to blackmail a smaller alliance with the backing of NPO, IRON and GGA. That's pretty ridiculous you would suggest that. We misinterpreted some things and upon taking a step back we decided we were wrong in our judgements. We were too quick to judge which ultimately lead us lead down that path, it was not because our goal was to blackmail for tech.

You threatened INT, they felt threatened by you guys threatening them. Then they got ODN involved, you then in turn felt threatened, accused INT of all kinds of things for sharing your threats with their ally ODN, then even went so far to demand Craig's ZI for that.

And it was ultimately Craig swallowing his pride, doing the right and smart thing, keeping the moral highground, that spared you from the consequences of attacking INT to ZI Craig. Somewhere in there, all the alliances OV and VE are no longer treatied with get involved as well, cause they are treatied to both partners.

They get to watch the impossible behaviour of VE.

When the public apology of Craig is made, VE does nothing. Not for a week. Then IRON cancels with VE, and TORN with OV.

The next day, IRON's cancellation is annouced along with the NPO and GGA treaties as well.

But not just that, all three are insulted in the OP.

And after all that, VE apologizes to INT.

How honorable...

I can't help but feel that the alliances that VE have parted ways with and the potential future conflict that it may cause have more do with the respect they've earned and class they've displayed than what they've actually done.

Edited by Kowalski