Announcement from the Viridian Entente

"How honorable..."

Hahaha. Are you talking about honor in a NPO-related thread? Is it just me or did NPO betray practically everyone. Ranging from FAN to GOONS.

Let's make an example. You have a cold. We are friends. I stop being your friend and explain it by saying you have a cold. Is that in insult? Truth is not an insult. It may be offensive but truth must always prevail no matter what.

Seeing as how GGA is nothing more than NPO with a different AA...

GGA has issues, but they are, and always were, their own alliance.

About NPO, well, I disagree. Game changes over time, and one time friends might not be so friendly later on. I'm sure ambition was a big part of GOONS and FAN losing relations with NPO.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, them be fighting words. I wonder if you can really see such a hostile sentiment through or if you'll find yourself backtracking should the various powerful people you've just insulted decide to take offense. Either way, should be a good show.

It's a hostile sentiment that he feels NPO does not need to be involved in a meeting which does not have anything to do with NPO?

Seems more like a logical sentiment.

It's a hostile sentiment that he feels NPO does not need to be involved in a meeting which does not have anything to do with NPO?

Well if you say it like that it loses all the flavor and spice. "None of this would be as it is now if y'all knew when to keep your nose in your own business and not try and force/persuade decisions down each side to fit your own personal agendas." - pretty clearly hostile, I'd say (and more fun than your watered down version).

Overall VE I hope you now realise you made a mistake when you left NpO and her allies out to dry by siding with the New Pacific Order (the true masters behind the plot to undermine NpO). This comes far too late to make amends for your betrayal, as you have supported the Great Satan countless times within their past evil, unjustified deeds, but this certainly is a step in the right direction.

I love bitterness

Damn, them be fighting words. I wonder if you can really see such a hostile sentiment through or if you'll find yourself backtracking should the various powerful people you've just insulted decide to take offense. Either way, should be a good show.

That doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to do so.

Why on earth do people accept insults from powerful people? Others have the same right to insult powerful people if they want. I don't see the difference, honestly.

That being said, I don't see his comment as an insult, more like a 'mind your own business', which is quite normal for an alliance leader who's worried people try to interfere with the sovereignty of his/her alliance.

EDIT: trying to make a real sentence.

Edited by erikz

Well if you say it like that it loses all the flavor and spice. "None of this would be as it is now if y'all knew when to keep your nose in your own business and not try and force/persuade decisions down each side to fit your own personal agendas." - pretty clearly hostile, I'd say (and more fun than your watered down version).

No spice. :) As I've said several times through these proceedings, I don't mince words. I mean what I say exactly as I say it.

There was no need for anyone else's presence or involvement. If they had of stayed out, it'd be done by now and no one would have even remembered it by now.

Actually, I'd say Ray was pretty spot-on with that assessment. Although some might find it painful when the shoe fits.

Fake E-this was not directed at you personally, only to those who take offense when someone speaks their mind.

I hope not. I keep waiting for someone to actually have the balls to stand up to us with force instead of waiting for us to come knocking.

(OOC: It's just a game guys. We are on top of the hill right now, stop complaining about it and come try to push us off for a change. It's more fun that way.)

I hope not. I keep waiting for someone to actually have the balls to stand up to us with force instead of waiting for us to come knocking.

(OOC: It's just a game guys. We are on top of the hill right now, stop complaining about it and come try to push us off for a change. It's more fun that way.)

You can hope all you want, one way or another, but there's no need to twist someone's words and feign insult for the sake of drama. !@#$ happens, and when it does it'll be real, not some random "i take offense to your statement" nonsense.

By the way, adding an OOC tag to the end of your post doesn't make your comment any less of a "DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT" post.

That doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to do so.

Why on earth do people accept insults from powerful people? Others have the same right to insult powerful people if they want. I don't see the difference, honestly.

That being said, I don't see his comment as an insult, more like a 'mind your own business', which is quite normal for an alliance leader who's worried people try to interfere with the sovereignty of his/her alliance.

I never said anything about whether or not he had the right to do anything. Anyone can insult anyone they want. Some people are in a better position to retaliate if they feel aggrieved, and therefore it is generally not a great idea to insult such people unless you are prepared to open yourself up to that possibility.

No spice. :) As I've said several times through these proceedings, I don't mince words. I mean what I say exactly as I say it.

There was no need for anyone else's presence or involvement. If they had of stayed out, it'd be done by now and no one would have even remembered it by now.

Perhaps, I really don't know much about this situation or actually care a whole lot. I liked the spice, though.

I never said anything about whether or not he had the right to do anything. Anyone can insult anyone they want. Some people are in a better position to retaliate if they feel aggrieved, and therefore it is generally not a great idea to insult such people unless you are prepared to open yourself up to that possibility.

I have this tingling sensation that tells me erikz isn't too worried.

Or that could be the Taco Bell destroying my system... hmm...

The guy in the alliance who has never fought a war they didn't have at least a 10 to 1 advantage in is talking about having balls. That's rich.

You can hope all you want, one way or another, but there's no need to twist someone's words and feign insult for the sake of drama. !@#$ happens, and when it does it'll be real, not some random "i take offense to your statement" nonsense.

By the way, adding an OOC tag to the end of your post doesn't make your comment any less of a "DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT" post.

I twisted no one's words, just hoped for something different.

This is less a "DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT" post and more a reflection of my current philosophy. I just grow tired of the constant back and forth which results in nothing. This world needs more conflict and not of the verbal variety.

I'm pro-excitement.

I really don't want to keep picking on you here, but really, why would one not speak up if they feel a situation needs to be addressed, regardless of the size of the alliance with which one feels aggrieved? It's partly this mentality that has led to a great deal of the stagnation that is CN today, imo. "Sheesh, Alliance X is bullying in our foreign affairs and really butting in where they're not wanted/needed, but hey, they are part of Q/Citadel/SF/etc, so we can't say anything. They might kill us!"

That mindset is one I am not comfortable with, personally. I would rather state true feelings on a subject, and if others' interpretations are that this is cause for them to strike me down, I guess that's really up to them. Also kind of a statement about who they are as a ruler/alliance, tbh.

:ph34r: E-fell in love with '.

Edited by Alaric the Great

I may have read that wrong, but with what you quoted it seems to me you're effectively saying:

"We're at the top of the hill, so that means we can come and dictate in matters between seperate alliances that doesn't concern us"

<_<

You may be on top of the hill in terms of stats, but I wouldn't go further than that.

GGA has issues, but they are, and always were, their own alliance.

About NPO, well, I disagree. Game changes over time, and one time friends might not be so friendly later on. I'm sure ambition was a big part of GOONS and FAN losing relations with NPO.

For what's it's worth, i hope our alliances can restore the friendship you feel we lost.

I mentioned it earlier that i do not enjoy seeing this cancellation and i wish VE the best in the future.

The guy in the alliance who has never fought a war they didn't have at least a 10 to 1 advantage in is talking about having balls. That's rich.

Oh yes, because that's my personal decision :rolleyes: . I have no more control over the odds of the war my allaince enters then you do. What I can control, the number of targets, has always been the most possible.

I WANT an even sided war but I don't have a magic wand and I'm not going to leave my allaince for such a petty reason.

Ah, sarcasm. Our lives would be so empty without it.

Come to think of it, I've just replied to sarcasm with more sarcasm. With any luck, this won't cause a sarcastic feedback loop that destroys us all.

-Craig

Surely that couldn't be possible. Not here. Not in CN.

/me feels the implosion beginning around him

Oh yes, because that's my personal decision :rolleyes: . I have no more control over the odds of the war my allaince enters then you do. What I can control, the number of targets, has always been the most possible.

I WANT an even sided war but I don't have a magic wand and I'm not going to leave my allaince for such a petty reason.

My point was that it's easy to sit and complain about people not having balls when you have never had to actually have balls yourself. It does not matter if it is your personal decision or not it still is what it is.

If it's a petty reason stop blabbering on about it. If you really want it, fight for it. Quite honestly all you're doing now is posturing and it's evoking quite a chuckle from those of us who truly wanted competition and whom actually fought real wars.

edit: typo

Edited by WarriorConcept

I may have read that wrong, but with what you quoted it seems to me you're effectively saying:

"We're at the top of the hill, so that means we can come and dictate in matters between seperate alliances that doesn't concern us"

<_<

You may be on top of the hill in terms of stats, but I wouldn't go further than that.

Actually I'm not saying that at all. Being on "top" doesn't give us special privilages. It's simply the place every allaince in this game should strive to get to. Given the hostility displayed by some, one would expect to see a few challengers but they never seem to materialize.

As for this situation at hand I have no intimate knowledge of who was involved or how the proceedings took place so it's hard to condemn or condone the actions of certain participants.