Announcement from the Viridian Entente

While not a ballistics expert, I have a feeling that, at the very least, you wouldn't be using the same ammunition or gun, or that anything that can quickly take down a gorilla is going to be incredible overkill for a squirrel.

Also, no rational person could shoot a poor wittle squirrel. :P

I am confident in my ability to get them both down with a well placed shot form a 9mm handgun. :P

Also, to the members of Ordo Verde and others who share the same message as they are conveying: Telling the world it's time to quiet the hegemony: We aren't going anywhere. Time to back that bite up kids.

Make us ;)

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, to the members of Ordo Verde and others who share the same message as they are conveying: Telling the world it's time to quiet the hegemony: We aren't going anywhere. Time to back that bite up kids.

I think that statement will come back to haunt you one day. ;)

Thank you Bob for understanding the meaning. James, I should have clarified, by "nip in the bud", I did in fact mean when an opposition has shown signs of inevitable war. It would work against your interest to wait until they fired the first shots.

Ah, ok. That sounds much better then what I thought you meant.

<snip>

To Bob and those of his thought: When a bloc or alliance sees opposition forming with the sole purpose of opposition, should we wait until they fire the first shot before defending ourselves? Or should we nip the problem in the bud? I would prefer the latter as the former would be unnecessary.

<snip>

It's exactly this type of attitude from the hegemony with which people are getting pretty sick and tired. "Let's preemptively strike because we judge these people to be a problem! What's that you say? Evidence? P'shah. Do something about it!" It also makes me want to blow up little squirrels.

Good luck to all parties involved. Once the bond and trust that supports a treaty is gone, there isn't much point in keeping it.

That said, those that are saying that VE and a particular grouping of alliances are the only ones with balls/honor/morals/insert other stereotype here are doing the same exact thing that the complain that the "NPO Drones" whom they are so fond of criticizing for their, "Mindless posts." Parroting statements about "balls" and "honor" while criticizing the other side's "mindless hailing" really doesn't help your claim that you have originality.

Believe it or not, not everyone allied to the NPO or a tC alliance is a "drone" or a "meat shield," canceling a treaty with NPO or IRON doesn't make an alliance any better than any other alliance, and disagreeing with someone does not make them automatically wrong. The Continuum and their allies are not the only ones that have used strongarm tactics and have thrown their weight around to get what they want. My own alliance has experienced this kind of treatment at times from alliances who were not part of the group many who posted comments about "balls" see as being in the wrong. There are treaties formed on friendship and trust on both sides of the MDP web, it's not all part of a nefarious scheme for world domination, and those allied to the NPO or its allies aren't all puppets.

If ever anyone has taken the words right out of my mouth.......

Yes it is. That's exactly what this is about. It's what the whole damn thing is about. This is fundamentally a conflict between those who adhere to a set of honorable, morally sound principles, and those who sacrifice those principles for personal gain. It's the result of years of the same process, whereby alliances with any desire to change the established order get stomped into the ground.

VE is taking a stand. They want to see this damnable process end. We are taking a stand. It's time to end this.

I sincerely hope you don't speak for VE......

I Happen to like VE, I see nothing wrong with canceling treaties that may adversely effect one's character or if they feel is a one way street.

I'm not saying that i agree that this is the case, just that i can see where its coming from. I have my own opinions as to what may have provoked this and it appears

that others have opinions as well, Some feel this is the start of the next great war and if not are hoping they can push it in that direction.

I'm not all that active anymore in SE fourms, or at least as much as i should be but From where I'm standing it looks like

the vultures are hovering VE trying to pull or persuade them to jump sides with the glorious praises and what not....Now this may not be the case as VE might have

already jumped sides or just that they are reading things wrong and felt its time to move on.

Either way I implore VE to think things through in a rational manner before they make a decision, the last think i want to see are friends on the other side of the fence

GL VE!!!

Just so you all know we are classy. We have many leather bound books and our homes smell of rich mahogany. Doesn't get much classier than that.
and boxes of Cohibas. Can't get more classier than that.
Could use some more monocles.

And a fine brandy.

And don't forget the pipe smoking professor that walks the halls fostering debate and knowledgeable minds.

And don't forget the pipe smoking professor that walks the halls fostering debate and knowledgeable minds.

ZOMG VE supports tobacco use. SCANDAL.

On topic: I don't really feel any desire to go to war with you... but I do know it would be exciting. The next few weeks... will be exciting, hopefully, even if there is no war.

To Bob and those of his thought: When a bloc or alliance sees opposition forming with the sole purpose of opposition, should we wait until they fire the first shot before defending ourselves? Or should we nip the problem in the bud? I would prefer the latter as the former would be unnecessary.

Psst - just between me and you, killing them before they ever have a chance is the right way to go. All we have to do is destroy all the potential opposition, one-by-one, and then make a strong circle of larger alliances and bam! Then we pick up all the smaller alliances who are desperate not to have friends to protect them from being destroyed. Pretty soon, we'll have the whole treaty web on our side and then no one could ever oppose us! This plan is great.

Back up the bite. Yes! That's an excellent new way to say 'might makes right' or 'do sumtin' about it'! I have been looking for a replacement recently because people are starting - well, you know, people start thinking things and thinking's bad - to say it's... I know, I know... wrong. That's ok, we'll just come up with some euphemisms, some more subtle comments, and everything will be a-ok. I know we'll get around to smashing them once we forge some more casus belli evidence, but it's getting harder and harder with all these public miscreants on the OWF trying to stir-up trouble.

Edited by Pedron Niall

Ahh, so you're a self-proclaimed expert on IRON's governing principles now? Guess you skipped my course on the way to getting your degree.

Allow me to fill you in: The governing philosophy behind this, if you had bothered to learn anything about IRON before making such a comment, is "responsible growth" -- #1 is not a goal; solid growth related to a balance of economic and military capabilities is.

Also, we're #1 in nukes and have a higher average NS -- hmmmm, could that be a coincidence or by design? <_<

moar.jpg

IRON is the orange GPA?

**sarcasm and accompanying photo**

You're tools and it's obvious. Veil it all you like, it won't change a thing.

To those waaay earlier in the thread questioning Anu, NATO has never insulted a former ally, be it blatant or veiled, in a treaty cancellation. To do so is poor taste and invites the remaining allies of canceled alliances to become hostile when dealing with you. I will agree, it takes balls to announce another alliance's cancellation on your alliance to add confusion and gain gobs of respect. You fooled quite a few into thinking you had canceled. Rascals! :P

I have seen NATO cancel a treaty on the eve of war first hand ... wanna know why? You hoped for more war slots from an alliance you were treaty partners with just the day before. NATO is not honorable.

Test me on that.

You're tools and it's obvious. Veil it all you like, it won't change a thing.

I have seen NATO cancel a treaty on the eve of war first hand ... wanna know why? You hoped for more war slots from an alliance you were treaty partners with just the day before. NATO is not honorable.

Test me on that.

Meh, they only broke an MDP in UJP war.

Test me on that.

That was good times.

*cough*