ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER: Brown BUTT Sewage Continues to Flow into the Once-Pristine NG Reservoir

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SeaBeeGipson said:

[...]

I admit we raided UCR, they decided to turn a 1-round raid into a full blown war and declared on us. [...]

This is just silly, a raid is a war. Go for it all day, for what I care, but don't pretend that fighting back - or ~MaKiNg StAtEmEnTs~ about it - is escalating anything.

When you hit an alliance for whatever reason you've got to be prepared to that alliance responding to your aggression, that's the very point of CN alliances, since 2006.

All of that said, since you personally very recently started a raid against a GPA nation, and the fight is under way right now, I'll use this occasion to present my take on it: it's an isolated incident and you'll get a round of war from our counters (you'll probably fight better than them ofc). That will be all. Unless hostilities are further renewed by you / anyone associated with you.

It's not about not escalating things on our part, however, it's that ultimately we don't care anymore. We don't want to waste our time with your attack any more than it's strictly necessary to prove to ourselves that we're still somewhat functioning as an alliance.

Back in the day it would have been different, rogues were required to surrender and to earn their way out according to what we decided fitted the crime.

I remember silly claims that we were keeping them in "permanent war", when in fact it was them that didn't want to be held accountable, they wanted to be let free because it was "just a raid". They had the quick way out, only they didn't like it.

All of this not to sounds threatening or anything - I know the GPA very well, it would have been ridiculous in the past, it'd be tragically absurd now - it's just about logic.

Uninvited, you steal stuff and, the horror, waste someone else's time, then you complain about or criticize their response... If you're at least 8 years old you might want to look up for the notion of responsibility, because you're falling behind on it.

Edited by jerdge
typo

3 hours ago, Sarkin said:

• The war wouldn't exist without TW attacking LSF/SWF. Why should the aggressor get to peace out at the time most convenient to him?
  • You're a ghost on behalf of TW. Four hours ago, you said "I'm on the AA but I'm not a member." UCR's main two proxy fighters are from a non-ally in FTW.
  • You've spent the last three months crowing about how easy the war is. The idea that you've just been dying for peace is silly.
  • UCR is a literal victim of an attack by MONGOLS. Their allies defended them from that attack. The only one "pretending to be the victim" is MONGOLS, who had to invoke a defense treaty against an alliance that they attacked and that has launched zero wars on them.

Love this ❤️

Plus LSF have been the most successful alliance in this war 💪

Also firingline projects a lot in his posts.

This is my favorite OWF thread in a while. Is there anyone else in Doomsphere who wants to come cry crocodile tears over the horribleness of raiding an alliance’s upper tier while they’re at war? Maybe someone else from Oculus wants to wail about being “bullies” using overwhelming force against an alliance? 

The end of an era is even more fun to witness than I imagined it would be. 

5 hours ago, jerdge said:

This is just silly, a raid is a war. Go for it all day, for what I care, but don't pretend that fighting back - or ~MaKiNg StAtEmEnTs~ about it - is escalating anything.

When you hit an alliance for whatever reason you've got to be prepared to that alliance responding to your aggression, that's the very point of CN alliances, since 2006.

All of that said, since you personally very recently started a raid against a GPA nation, and the fight is under way right now, I'll use this occasion to present my take on it: it's an isolated incident and you'll get a round of war from our counters (you'll probably fight better than them ofc). That will be all. Unless hostilities are further renewed by you / anyone associated with you.

It's not about not escalating things on our part, however, it's that ultimately we don't care anymore. We don't want to waste our time with your attack any more than it's strictly necessary to prove to ourselves that we're still somewhat functioning as an alliance.

Back in the day it would have been different, rogues were required to surrender and to earn their way out according to what we decided fitted the crime.

I remember silly claims that we were keeping them in "permanent war", when in fact it was them that didn't want to be held accountable, they wanted to be let free because it was "just a raid". They had the quick way out, only they didn't like it.

All of this not to sounds threatening or anything - I know the GPA very well, it would have been ridiculous in the past, it'd be tragically absurd now - it's just about logic.

Uninvited, you steal stuff and, the horror, waste someone else's time, then you complain about or criticize their response... If you're at least 8 years old you might want to look up for the notion of responsibility, because you're falling behind on it.

Jerdge, 

I have not once said an alliance can not respond to a raid. GPA's response to me raiding was to send 2 more nations, of which my alliance did not counter. GPA did not get hit in any retaliation, and so far, the 3 nations you sent have been great people to fight with. My point still stands. UCR took a 1-round raid and expanded it into a full blown war by posting a declaration of war. THEY declared war with alliances who were not involved in the raid. IF GPA were to post a declaration of war, or expand it by hitting my alliance mates who did not raid GPA, is this not escalating on your part? Would GPA not find themselves in a very different situation at that point?

GPA obviously has more sense than the commies though. When the commies talked about our raid, we informed them it was a raid and we'd be finishing our round. They left our discord server, never discussed it again. We never heard from GATO or PGS in any sort of capacity. GPA, however, has been very great in chats and as you have mentioned, wanted to see a round of fighting as well. 

If someone is even a year or 2 old, then I imagine they would be well aware that Doom declared raids on NATO/FTW, got hit in retaliation (albeit a tad later), and activated treaties in defense. The norm has been set by the very people in this thread complaining.

5 hours ago, jerdge said:

We could have stopped the thread here. E-lawyering is pointless in this situation cause it's obvious to everyone that MONGOLS either dropped the ball or intentionally wanted to start something. That's s the end of it.

Suggestion? Cut your losses and wrap it up. Not de-escalating will only mean that MONGOLS/NG will in fact end up dragging their allies into a global regardless of them wanting one or not.

9 minutes ago, Kapleo said:

We could have stopped the thread here. E-lawyering is pointless in this situation cause it's obvious to everyone that MONGOLS either dropped the ball or intentionally wanted to start something. That's s the end of it.

Suggestion? Cut your losses and wrap it up. Not de-escalating will only mean that MONGOLS/NG will in fact end up dragging their allies into a global regardless of them wanting one or not.

You guys are the ones shouting that we're "cowards" and whatnot for not kicking off a global by hitting GATO.  Please continue with the moral posturing, though.

7 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

"How dare you absolute COWARDS not take our obvious bait? GRRRRR"
-All CN politics across all time

What do you mean?  We took the bait, hook, line, and sinker in the first place.  NG had to play 8D chess shortly after to activate their 13D defensive treaty so PGS and GATO attack them.

Nothing actually matters anymore.

6 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

You guys are the ones shouting that we're "cowards" and whatnot for not kicking off a global by hitting GATO.  Please continue with the moral posturing, though.

6 hours ago, jerdge said:

15 minutes ago, Jason8 said:

What do you mean?  We took the bait, hook, line, and sinker in the first place.  NG had to play 8D chess shortly after to activate their 13D defensive treaty so PGS and GATO attack them.

Nothing actually matters anymore.

The desperation from them to escalate has been palapable eh?

Still too chicken to escalate it properly though.

This conversation is quite funny. Nobody in doomsphere including DT is complaining about raiding. I remember my days in DBDC, and counter-attacks were always a risk, and as a raider, from the lowest to the highest tier, you have to be prepared, and accept your fate - take responsibility. Raiding is fun, it's great - what isn't great is if you're raiding someone, their allies help out, and you cry about it - which is what I am seeing here. All raiding comes with risk - that's part of the fun of it, there is no free lunch. I whole-heatedly support raiding, just like I would support any alliance's right to defend itself, and it would be silly to exclude their allies. It's a dance.

Take ownership of your actions, be responsible, stop gaslighting the situation.

9 hours ago, firingline said:
  • Boohoo. Perhaps UCR shouldn't have hit a much smaller alliance and stated it would be a permanent war with the implicit support of alliances like DT.

Can you invite me to whatever secret channel we made this implicit support commitment, I feel left out. Umm Sarkin???

Nowhere in any DT channel, private or public have we given support to UCR, however and once more, that's not to say their attackers should be absolved of any responsibility. UCR is a sovereign alliance, they can conduct themselves as they wish, just like alliances should use treaties accordingly, as they are written.

15 minutes ago, Starcraftmazter said:

This conversation is quite funny. Nobody in doomsphere including DT is complaining about raiding. I remember my days in DBDC, and counter-attacks were always a risk, and as a raider, from the lowest to the highest tier, you have to be prepared, and accept your fate - take responsibility. Raiding is fun, it's great - what isn't great is if you're raiding someone, their allies help out, and you cry about it - which is what I am seeing here. All raiding comes with risk - that's part of the fun of it, there is no free lunch. I whole-heatedly support raiding, just like I would support any alliance's right to defend itself, and it would be silly to exclude their allies. It's a dance.

Can you invite me to whatever secret channel we made this implicit support commitment, I feel left out. Umm Sarkin???

Nowhere in any DT channel, private or public have we given support to UCR, however and once more, that's not to say their attackers should be absolved of any responsibility. UCR is a sovereign alliance, they can conduct themselves as they wish, just like alliances should use treaties accordingly, as they are written.

I have not once said I, or any MONGOL as a matter of fact, is unhappy with a fight. This idea of "taking ownership" you keep mentioning is weird. It was Dark Templar's Sarkin who came into this thread and threw a fit about NG's use of the word "defense" in their DoW. The very same word used just a year ago when CLAWS declared on FTW/NATO, for FTW/NATO declaring war on Doom for their blanket raiding DoW. So, as I have said, the norm was set. We're playing by the rules set there. 

I also would like to see where any of us have cried about being hit? You mentioned you see it here. Please, point out any quote of mine where I have said we are upset about being countered? This has simply been a discussion stemming from the use of the word "defense".

27 minutes ago, Starcraftmazter said:

54ad665a1ab12065b878cedbba75c48c497147af

1 hour ago, SeaBeeGipson said:

Jerdge, 

I have not once said an alliance can not respond to a raid. GPA's response to me raiding was to send 2 more nations, of which my alliance did not counter. GPA did not get hit in any retaliation, and so far, the 3 nations you sent have been great people to fight with. My point still stands. UCR took a 1-round raid and expanded it into a full blown war by posting a declaration of war. THEY declared war with alliances who were not involved in the raid. IF GPA were to post a declaration of war, or expand it by hitting my alliance mates who did not raid GPA, is this not escalating on your part? Would GPA not find themselves in a very different situation at that point?

GPA obviously has more sense than the commies though. When the commies talked about our raid, we informed them it was a raid and we'd be finishing our round. They left our discord server, never discussed it again. We never heard from GATO or PGS in any sort of capacity. GPA, however, has been very great in chats and as you have mentioned, wanted to see a round of fighting as well. 

If someone is even a year or 2 old, then I imagine they would be well aware that Doom declared raids on NATO/FTW, got hit in retaliation (albeit a tad later), and activated treaties in defense. The norm has been set by the very people in this thread complaining.

You're considered a lone rogue; none of us bothered to check with your alliance (we could have) about your attack having maybe been supported, or about your government/non-government status; none of us bothered to have your nation sanctioned (we could have); none of us bothered to propose that you surrender and pay reparations, or continue be hit (we could have).

You're considered a lone rogue and we have no interest in dragging the affair for longer than a round of war (I don't expect other GPA members to attack you when you have an open slot, but we're not exactly following a plan either).

We could have made different choices, legitimate ones that you could have been unhappy with.

I agree that we had no ground to consider the whole of MONGOLS responsible, and attacking uninvolved MONGOLS nation or declaring war against MONGOLS would have been an escalation on our part.

I don't know about your issues with other parties, I'll stick to our case. Had multiple and/or confirmed government MONGOLS nations attacked the GPA, and/or MONGOLS supported the attackers against our requests towards them (requests that in your case we didn't bother to formulate), we'd be having a different conversation.

I'm glad, and not really surprised, that you're happy with our members, we're a bunch of friendly happy hippies, after all.

You don't seem bad either, hopefully everyone involved can just have a bit of fun and we'll then move on.