Joint Announcement from the Order of the Black Rose and Old Guard – Part III DoW

W_A_R

6 hours ago, Stewie said:

A Old Guard / OBR declaration?

That was unexpected...

All we need now is @jerdgewaking up GPA and militarising for the return of Allarchon to be complete.  

You meant resurrecting, waking up is not enough.

The GPA was very active, much more military prepared, much better armed during Karma, and without hesitation she decided that past grudges with Pacifica were, well, past. Attacking anyone just because there's a good occasion would be totally out of the Alliance's character. This even if we hadn't a NAP with the Doomsphere (although, admittedly, it doesn't cover CLAWS).

The GPA, or whatever half dead remains of her are still here, will strictly, unwaveringly adhere to her ideals and values until the lights go off.

6 hours ago, Caustic said:

Jerdge is too boomer to even make Discord work. I've tried. I fear the task of militarization is beyond him.

I can Discord very well, I just don't want to/have no time for it. Job, family, I'm too busy.

6 hours ago, nishiyoshi_mha said:

This really would signal the end of the world. 

Love this DoW for creativity, music, and fun. 5 stars all around.

See above.

I agree that this DoW is wonderfully written, well done, Sirs.

6 hours ago, Stewie said:

Then the wait continues

Even our Viceroy can't change the nature of the GPA, sorry.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, W_A_R said:

That is the quality response I expect from you, Al. 

Full of intelligence, charm, wit and bonhomie.  

You should be mindful that inspiring a bunch of geriatrics to get out of our chairs to go out and do something sociable is an exceptionally challenging task.

You should consider it an honour that we are even bothering to do so for the likes of you.

hahaha I said congrats for actually doing something... I think that was above and beyond the compliment you deserve. 

I mean you have declared 7 wars, heck OG with one guy fighting did 3 hahaha It takes a little more to impress me and get them fancy, intelligent words to come out :P

tumblr_n170p3byGH1rc3z3ro1_400.gifv

tumblr_n6z4us5c161t42np6o5_250.gifv

Well its not Peggy saying it but think Shania can handle this one.

AL Bundy

5 minutes ago, jerdge said:

The GPA, or whatever half dead remains of her are still here, will strictly, unwaveringly adhere to her ideals and values until the lights go off.

I agree that this DoW is wonderfully written, well done, Sirs.

Even our Viceroy can't change the nature of the GPA, sorry.

My fond greetings to you, jerdge. 

I suspect our paths have crossed in the past and I know only too well the important but often mundane burdens we carry in the other world.  Thank you for your comments.   A well crafted missive is seemingly a lost art.

You raise a good point.  There are many nations of our vintage that have deep ties with Alliances. 

While my duty and honour lies with the Black Rose, I have whistful feelings for my earlier times in CON and GOLD. I also note that emnities of the past can often fade, and I have often had the chance to enjoy the company of those that I may have crossed swords and words with all those years ago.  

For any that may have a wish to join the Old Codgers Coalition, to share in comradeship and delivering out some geriatric justice; don't hesitate, you know where I am.

29 minutes ago, AL Bundy said:

Well its not Peggy saying it but think Shania can handle this one.

AL Bundy

OOC: Not Shania!  I have some potentially misplaced feeling for Shania; spawned from being in a pub where a band was playing, doing a cover of 'Feel like a Woman'.  The attractive female lead pulled me up on stage and was, let me say, very suggestive. My blushing would have powered half a City.  But enough of that.

IC: I acknowledge your splendid retort.  I look forward to our ongoing interaction.  I will hone up my skills by chatting to the halfwit in our stables.

Edited by W_A_R
Tidying up.

7 hours ago, dev0win said:

DS/DW have like what 2 nations over 100k now? Geese oh peets. 200k ANS alliance over here. Come up with some less obvious trolls.

There was no trolling. Simply an observation that 87.5% of an alliance declaring war was in peace mode, which prevents them from individually declaring war. I then wished the single member of said alliance that isn't in peace mode luck on the battlefield. 

That one alliance member declared three offensive wars. All alone out there, he is the embodiment of bravery and selflessness.

I think Optimum deserves a round of applause.

4 minutes ago, Jason8 said:

There was no trolling. Simply an observation that 87.5% of an alliance declaring war was in peace mode, which prevents them from individually declaring war. I then wished the single member of said alliance that isn't in peace mode luck on the battlefield. 

That one alliance member declared three offensive wars. All alone out there, he is the embodiment of bravery and selflessness.

I think Optimum deserves a round of applause.

It has been some time, Jason 8.  And indeed, Optimum from Old Guard has represented the Old Codgers Coalition with aplomb. 

11 hours ago, W_A_R said:

... Why they even stole our seat on the porch from where we looked over and cared for our yard, the Black sphere...

We didn't steal the seat, we earned it from what appeared to be a clean and secure election from our fellow black constituents. 

Nevertheless, welcome to the battlefield, OBR and OG.

9 minutes ago, Lord Hershey said:

We didn't steal the seat, we earned it from what appeared to be a clean and secure election from our fellow black constituents. 

Nevertheless, welcome to the battlefield, OBR and OG.

Seems to me like OBR is saying they can't peacefully coexist with us on Black team. We had no problem with OBR staying in our sphere, but to me it seems like the only way forward is for them to leave Black.

"We are tired of you showing us old folk disrespect."

Never knew sending tech to Lan Mandragoran through our Doommerce program was disrespectful. I humbly apologise. 

5 minutes ago, firingline said:

Seems to me like OBR is saying they can't peacefully coexist with us on Black team. We had no problem with OBR staying in our sphere, but to me it seems like the only way forward is for them to leave Black.

Curious use of language, FL; "our sphere".   

Please remind me, who was there first?

And of course peaceful coexistence would mean that OBR would not have been attacked without prejudice in the first instance.

Once again you are talking a big game with no capacity to back it up. Impotence can have that affect. 

52 minutes ago, W_A_R said:

Curious use of language, FL; "our sphere".   

Please remind me, who was there first?

And of course peaceful coexistence would mean that OBR would not have been attacked without prejudice in the first instance.

Once again you are talking a big game with no capacity to back it up. Impotence can have that affect. 

The language was very intentional.

We moved to Black sphere and sought positive relations with all its denizens. We did not 'attack' you. We came in peace.

As you've revealed, OBR has apparently been seething since we arrived. You've now declared war on us, telling us to 'get off your lawn'. It's clear that we can't share the lawn, so you'll be forced to vacate.

1 hour ago, firingline said:

I mean this was the original plan no? Or was that Sparta?

Just now, kerschbs said:

I mean this was the original plan no? Or was that Sparta?

No. Where did we ever ask anybody to leave the sphere? 

Joining black had been very positive from my experience. My good friends in NATO told me we were sharing black with some good folks in Sparta and led to open dialogue with their membership.

OBR apparently claims we have no right to peacefully exist here, and decided to bandwagon onto this war to try to force us from our home. They fill face extreme consequences for that.

1 minute ago, HeroofTime55 said:

firingline in this thread is absolutely hilarious.  this boy is high on all of the drugs.  reparations!  forced color changes!  living like it's 2008, i love it.

How is OBR being forced off black not the logical outcome?

They literally announced this DoW with "get off our lawn". We control black. If somebody's leaving, it's going to have to be them. We peacefully coexisted with OBR from the time we joined black, but it seems they're unwilling to peacefully coexist with us.

2 minutes ago, Thrash said:

Goals take time to come into fruition. Surely you know this.

Sure, I can buy that. Using that logic, where it takes time to execute, what actionable steps have we taken towards the supposed goal of forcing OBR or Sparta off black?

Or are you stating that our dastardly plan was to move to black, do nothing, and hope they left?