Recognition of hostilities

jerdge

20 minutes ago, jerdge said:

I'm not backtracking, I gave Kashmir the benefit of doubt, it's just SOP. They didn't really want peace, I found out about it. That's all.

This is outright nonsense.  You decided to give Kashmir the benefit of the doubt *after* you decided not to give them the benefit of the doubt and made this declaration.

And then, UH OH!, you expected Kashmir to do absolutely nothing after you made this declaration.  I'm not entirely sure why you expected that, but it's what you did. Then you pretended you really wanted diplomacy all along.

These were your decisions.  We're just reacting to them in ways you don't like.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, lilweirdward said:

Jerdge has basically already lost this fight by backtracking while you all sent more people to keep hitting GPA, so none of this really matters anymore, but I still want to point out that this is completely wrong and is not how CN has ever worked. The former leader and active owner of an alliance declaring multiple wars on another alliance has always been considered an act of war. You're just lucky that you happen to be trying this act against one of the only alliances left that's somehow more incompetent than Kashmir.

This is correct. Sirwilliam is 100% the aggressor, and having a gov member of an alliance hit someone without leaving the AA is generally assumed as that alliance hitting someone. To pretended otherwise is ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, firingline said:

I'll let you work out for yourself what the better way of handling all this would have been. Hint: a DoW on entire AAs, followed by complaining as members of those AAs and their allies begin attacking you, isn't the best way to handle all this.

If I were you I'd stop worrying about attacks and start worrying about what the conclusion of this looks like. I think there's still a chance for white peace for GPA, but if you keep pushing it you're likely to see more attacks and talks of surrender terms.

I didn't blame them for a second for attacking the raiders. I don't even "blame them" for blanket DoWs, but I'm going to hold them accountable for them. 

How on earth are YOU going to hold them accountable? You’re one nation from a none allied alliance who appears to be raiding GPA. Unless Doomsquad is officially getting involved?

Lastly @jerdge, this would have been a lot more interesting if your alliance didn’t roll over and die. I didn’t expect much else, but good lord at least have enough of a backbone to defend yourself. 

1 hour ago, kerschbs said:

This is correct. Sirwilliam is 100% the aggressor, and having a gov member of an alliance hit someone without leaving the AA is generally assumed as that alliance hitting someone. To pretended otherwise is ridiculous. 

I'll refer you back to the directives from him in our private dispatches -- then you can tell me how much "government" he really is.  He's literally a figurehead who does absolutely nothing and has no active role.

But hey, maybe if someone could have gotten a hold of us in our channel to raise the wtf flag, someone official would have said, "Yep, that's SW, go ahead and attack him as much as you want."

Could have sworn I'd written something like this already, but not reading things is par for the course here.

On 1/30/2022 at 12:46 PM, Jason8 said:

Thank you for the clarification.  I may or may not have Kashmir nations prepare for war and I may or may not support SirWilliam.  SirWilliam's membership in Kashmir gives Kashmir legal justification to defend SirWilliam if Kashmir so chooses to.  The GPA's aggressive posturing in the matter makes me believe that peace is not and was not ever an option in this situation and conflict escalation, not mitigation, is the only goal of GPA's government, including yourself.

These aggressive moves toward war by the GPA may or may not be noticed by the Kashmir government and may or may not be responded to in a way that GPA may or may not like.  What will happen and what we'll be doing is yet to be seen, obviously I'm not going to share it here.

With you excessive use of "may or may not", that clearly settles things and clears everything up. Thanks :)

At least something is finally !@#$@#$ happening. 

2 hours ago, kerschbs said:

How on earth are YOU going to hold them accountable? You’re one nation from a none allied alliance who appears to be raiding GPA. Unless Doomsquad is officially getting involved?

I don't know what you mean by "none allied alliance." DS is allied to DW.

Please try to keep up.

3 hours ago, Ninja R said:

This is outright nonsense.  You decided to give Kashmir the benefit of the doubt *after* you decided not to give them the benefit of the doubt and made this declaration.

And then, UH OH!, you expected Kashmir to do absolutely nothing after you made this declaration.  I'm not entirely sure why you expected that, but it's what you did. Then you pretended you really wanted diplomacy all along.

These were your decisions.  We're just reacting to them in ways you don't like.

Listen, I didn't give your latest posts a second look, they earned my indifference. Life's too short to waste time on trash.

If and when I'll find a post of yours worth of a serious response, you'll get a serious response.

3 hours ago, kerschbs said:

Lastly @jerdge, this would have been a lot more interesting if your alliance didn’t roll over and die. I didn’t expect much else, but good lord at least have enough of a backbone to defend yourself. 

The war just started.

30 minutes ago, Thrash said:

Jerdge, do you have people who know how to war and coordinate? I've been quite bored as of late. I could use some burning pixels.

Some know how to fight, some don't much, most probably don't care.

The GPA has been closed to new members for a long time and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

But thanks for your offer, I know that it's just your usual kindness, I appreciate it.

8 hours ago, Thrash said:

Jerdge, do you have people who know how to war and coordinate? I've been quite bored as of late. I could use some burning pixels.

You burn more than a bathroom candle on a bean farm.

@jerdge Has GPA ever held an aggressive alliance accountable? Beyond the context of warring defensively?

Over the years they’ve allowed themselves to be a risk free target. Perhaps it’s the price for neutrality, fine, so why recognize hostilities with the aggressor?- are they not afforded the same freedom of choice as GPA?

On 1/31/2022 at 3:36 AM, Master Hakai said:

I’ll admit I didn’t read everything here, but I basically told my alliance do whatever you want! I’m a good leader I think

I got the message and now I'm at war with a 4437 day old nation that has zero attacking casualties. 

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. 

2 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

@jerdge Has GPA ever held an aggressive alliance accountable? Beyond the context of warring defensively?

Not that I know of. Once a conflict is over, it's over.

2 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Over the years they’ve allowed themselves to be a risk free target. Perhaps it’s the price for neutrality, fine, so why recognize hostilities with the aggressor?- are they not afforded the same freedom of choice as GPA?

Everyone is free to do whatever they wish. Freedom means responsibility and consequences.

We too are free to follow our rules, according to which we formally recognize hostilities with an alliance affiliation in order to inform people that, to us, they're collectively responsible for the hostilities they started. This too entails responsibility and consequences.

I feel that clarity and transparency serve us better in the long run.

On 1/31/2022 at 3:49 PM, jerdge said:

Listen, I didn't give your latest posts a second look, they earned my indifference. Life's too short to waste time on trash.

Yeah, my bad, dude.  I didn't mean to remind you of the reality of a situation or anything like that.  I think being indifferent toward the truth is something you should focus on in the future....however short that might be for you.

4 minutes ago, Ninja R said:

Yeah, my bad, dude.  I didn't mean to remind you of the reality of a situation or anything like that.  I think being indifferent toward the truth is something you should focus on in the future....however short that might be for you.

I mean another truth of the matter is Kashmir's alliance bio literally states that SirWilliam is the leader, maybe you should change this to clarify who actually calls the shots over there?

Maybe jerdge got sick of watching people constantly womping on Neutrals (specifically his own AA) without repercussions and seeing that SirWilliam is listed as the Leader of Kashmir, he opted to skip the diplomacy in favour of going right for the fireworks. I certainly don't sense anything personal about this, SirWilliam just happened to be the person attacking GPA nations and is publically listed as your leader. If he is only a figurehead at this stage and his position within Kashmir does not match what your bio says? Then that's on you guys for failing to maintain an accurate bio and visible chain of command, it's not on jerdge for not giving you a heads up first; it's on you for not noticing your member had hit them and subsequently reaching out to explain that it was not something sanctioned by the actual govt of Kashmir.

The real truth is that you're all picking low-hanging fruit and chest thumping about it, knowing fully well it's unlikely that any cavalry will ride to their defence, which would happen if you hit an alliance enveloped by the many vines of the treaty web. Very impressive and ambitious stuff though, go you!

31 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

I mean another truth of the matter is Kashmir's alliance bio literally states that SirWilliam is the leader, maybe you should change this to clarify who actually calls the shots over there?

Maybe jerdge got sick of watching people constantly womping on Neutrals (specifically his own AA) without repercussions and seeing that SirWilliam is listed as the Leader of Kashmir, he opted to skip the diplomacy in favour of going right for the fireworks. I certainly don't sense anything personal about this, SirWilliam just happened to be the person attacking GPA nations and is publically listed as your leader. If he is only a figurehead at this stage and his position within Kashmir does not match what your bio says? Then that's on you guys for failing to maintain an accurate bio and visible chain of command, it's not on jerdge for not giving you a heads up first; it's on you for not noticing your member had hit them and subsequently reaching out to explain that it was not something sanctioned by the actual govt of Kashmir.

The real truth is that you're all picking low-hanging fruit and chest thumping about it, knowing fully well it's unlikely that any cavalry will ride to their defence, which would happen if you hit an alliance enveloped by the many vines of the treaty web. Very impressive and ambitious stuff though, go you!

You need to be more succinct

4 hours ago, Ninja R said:

It's just that your "logic" didn't add up.

There's no truth anyway. None in general.

9 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

This is one of those posts that's entirely not true - lol, you think anyone's planning anything? And entirely true at the same time. No one's planning anything because everything is all tied up and we're just waiting, in vain, for one last conflagration to throw our nations into and walk away. 

On 2/2/2022 at 7:58 AM, Lollerobot said:

Yo can I get a TLDR here? I came to party late and I just... can't bother reading most of the drama with the details sprinkled in there somewhere.

I haven't got popcorn ready either!

The collection of idiots that calls itself Kashmir cannot decide who its leader is or if it went to war with GPA. While most people are waiting while they figure it out and hoping GPA asks for volunteers to come help them out.   Now expect Kashmir to come along and claim their leader is not their leader and that they are the innocent victim in this because GPA is being a bully with them just because they suck.    And then followed by jerdge from GPA pulling his hair out as he tries to find an adult in Kashmir to deal with. 

2 hours ago, The Big Bad said:

The collection of idiots that calls itself Kashmir cannot decide who its leader is or if it went to war with GPA. While most people are waiting while they figure it out and hoping GPA asks for volunteers to come help them out.   Now expect Kashmir to come along and claim their leader is not their leader and that they are the innocent victim in this because GPA is being a bully with them just because they suck.    And then followed by jerdge from GPA pulling his hair out as he tries to find an adult in Kashmir to deal with. 

About sums it up.