• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice DoW, Petro.  Well written, imo.

May the best win.

On a sidenote, this really IS "We dont like you, so we want you gone": The casus belli

It's more than just "we don't like you."  The reasons were listed well enough. 

I did not complain about this war. Hartfw says i can have a puppy.

Hartfw is a fine leader.  Hail Hartfw!

To be honest it made me chuckle. But what do I know, I'm just a puppet.

Made me outright laugh.  So in this case, it's all good, my puppet.  ;)

I counted three "legitimate" CB's there. And besides, I've never seen the reason why any grievance whatsoever, up to and including a desire and capacity to bring destruction down on someone, isn't alright. I think people forget that the quite a few of the earliest wars in CN were explicitly started over insults and nothing more. Sure, there are prudent reasons for not attacking people over anything and everything, but to my eye the idea that CB's have become less "legitimate" over time is less the case than that there were fewer that were accepted as such.

Thank you.  Edward I explained the CB well enough.  If people are having such a hard time with it, think of the one we (Doom Squad) started with last year.  Okay...happy now? :P

No, this is definitely a case where MI6 is getting rolled purely because they didn't accept Methrage as their personal lord and savior. Your eye for detail is unmatched sir.

I support this reason for war too.

At first I was like ya know "that's pretty lame all those alliances attacking one alliance," then someone said teapots and I was like "ah okay."

You know, for all of the plotting, poaching and behind the scenes attempts at manipulation from MI6 that has happened over the past 2years (which is enough, imo, for a good beating in and of itself), I see your point.  Next time, MI6, if you're going to joke around in public it would be a good idea to at least explain the joke well enough so that the rest of us can appreciate your rich sense of humor. 

It's not really the quality of leader that dropped, just their baseline motivations, now the only goal is survival, who gives a !@#$ if you have to sacrifice all you stand for to do it.

Interesting comment from a person who took part in attacking GPA.  What was you motivation back then?

Ill take anything at this point... rey could have written a better DOW  :psyduck:

THIS is a low blow.  Very low. 

But he'll seems like wherever I go NPO going roll me. Sorry mi6 this is my fault

You just don't have very good luck with this, do you?  Oh well.  Glad you picked MI6 and not some other alliance :P

Rush just won this thread.  Period.

He often does.

Edited by White Chocolate

My point was that STA shouldn't be expecting ODN to defend them for TPF for MI6. So really we are in agreement. I just gave a bad example, sorry for the confusion. :)

Don't' worry, no one has expected that from ODN since 2007.  But I am one that loves pleasant surprises.

Don't' worry, no one has expected that from ODN since 2007.  But I am one that loves pleasant surprises.

ODN has shown they will stand with friends getting rolled. Don't count me an ODN fan but I have no doubt that ODN will stand with there friends if requested.

I don't really determine who my friends are by how popular they are with the "powers that be". If you or your alliance wants to forfeit all agency and have "the powers that be" decide who you can and cannot be allied to then that is your choice to make.

Words of wisdom right here.

I have tecpsploited myself so much I don't know where I begin and Pacifica's global observation of Bob apparatus ends. #wiredincyborgdragonofdoomwhoisbrainwashedandindoctrinated

I have begged our Francograd Research and Development office for mercy. But they keep shoving more and more electronics into every orifice of my body and have sewn zippers in place that never see the sun so that if I eat something by mistake they can retrieve it! :/

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

I am totally going to remember this post when I totally don't.

I'd rather burn in an actual war than some dumb micro dramas. Not enough excitement or thrill in those.

Funny story, I have friends in Mi6, and when the time comes that you bawl your eyes out and threaten to leave, I'll hear about it, and when you abandon them too and rush to GPA or whatever hole you find to hide in, my maddened, cackling laughter will chase you all the way to your cowardly lair.

I don't really determine who my friends are by how popular they are with the "powers that be". If you or your alliance wants to forfeit all agency and have "the powers that be" decide who you can and cannot be allied to then that is your choice to make. If allies decide whether to defend my alliance based on whether we are on the winning side or not then they aren't very good allies in my opinion.

There are a number of valid reasons why a non-chaining clause might be activated. Other treaty obligations, your ally may already be at war on the opposing side so unable to assist you or you may be at war with their other allies so they sit the war out to name but a few reasons. But declining because you don't want to be on the losing side isn't one I'd consider to be valid at all. Just my opinion, of course.

This is the way a real leader speaks. You young whipper snappers take note; that's what authority looks like.

It's really how most alliances should operate, alas it appears that has been lost in the past handful of years.

That's because most of the intelligent, competent leadership of Bob realized it wasn't worth the headache, and retired.

Edit: Or came to MI6. :v:

Edited by KahlanRahl