Peace

Lavender Town is more than happy with the outcome of this war. I would like to thank everyone who fought for our cause in this conflict, especially Last187 and Generalchow!

Thanks,

Franz Ferdinand, Mayor of Lavender TOwn.

aww thanks i didn't really do that much besides stalling peace for our other moves to come into effect :D

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, I'm so glad I checked this thread. Those first two pages were gold.

Congrats on your victory, Kaskus

edit:Oh wait, I missed the third page. The third page is good too make sure to check it out. xD

Edited by Big Ego

Just to clarify the terms of this peace:

*Guinness gets white peace from Riot Society and Lavender Town.

*White peace between NSF snd SLCB.

*NSF apology(in the formal peace thread on OWF) to Riot Society for how they handled things prior to the DoW.

*NSF agrees to pay Lavender Town 6mil per aggressive war slot against Lavender Town. 13 slots for the total of 78mil in reps.

*Upon agreement from all parties, peace offers will be sent to all parties involved.

*Attacks after the formal peace agreement on the OWF will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

I am not saying that paying off LT was the only logical option.

We love us some Guinness, but by day 2 of the war a vast majority of all active nations within Guinness either surrendered or fled to another AA.

To entertain you, they can request military assistance, or we can talk to them and decide if we need to assist them or not. They never came to TLR to activate our oDoAP treaty. During this very very short period, we heard(and confirmed) more about the plans and future of Guinness from Riot and Lavender than Guinness itself. What would you do in that situation?

Regarding the first bolded section: It's obvious that Guinness was unprepared to fight a war at all levels, from government to membership. However, NSF alone still had a significant statistical advantage (although I think they had a disadvantage in terms of some of the nuke/non-nuke nation match-ups in the lower tier). If I were in NSF's position and I saw that my protectorate was imploding under the pressure, I would've told Guinness to head to peace mode and to stay out of it while handling the war myself.

Regarding the second bolded section: Likewise, if I were NSF or Guinness's treaty partner and I saw that both alliances were imploding, I wouldn't have just sat back and waited to see what happened. If you have an ally and they're clearly in trouble, it's your responsibility as their treaty partner to reach out to them and to help. 

I just don't believe that if C&G (every member of whom was treatied to the losing parties here) had actually gotten involved, that they couldn't have gotten white peace for their allies. This was a failure of communication and effort. You keep emphasizing that all of this happened in a short timeframe. Realistically, you had three days (6/3-6/6) to step in. Before this broke out, there were a series of raids that you should have been aware of. As their allies, you should have been aware of that situation and you should have been prepared for the conflict to expand.

I don't mean to blame all of this on C&G. Guinness is/was an ineffective alliance that absolutely shattered upon first impact. NSF's communication when it comes to foreign affairs and war is notoriously poor, and apparently their nations were entirely unprepared for any kind of conflict. I wouldn't blame C&G for preferring this war to be resolved quickly and peacefully. However, any amount of involvement from C&G's leadership in the peace negotiations would have resulted in white peace. Maybe NSF and the remnants of Guinness actively worked to shut you guys out of the process, I don't know. If so, well, it's pretty obvious what your next moves should be.

That's no excuse. All alliances need to be prepared. Especially if your protectorate has been raided twice and let go by someone you fought an all out war with 6 months ago.

If your leadership can't organize your nations and get your war chest straightened out, then you need new leadership.

It's ridiculous that I have to agree with Rotavele of all people, but I suppose that this is the world we live in now.

kinda reminded of nsf's regent offering us 500 tech if we won a duel against an unprepared nsf nation here. 

Oh god, I forgot about that. I guess there's precedent here?

Edited by Sarkin

NSF and the remnants of Guinness actively worked to shut you guys out of the process, I don't know. If so, well, it's pretty obvious what your next moves should ?

I entirely dealt with TLR, as I spoke for RIOT and Lavender. I only dealt with NSF once, but once they started saying I planned this whole thing to attack NSF, I gave up talking to them. Edited by BringMeTheHorizon

I entirely dealt with TLR, as I spoke for RIOT and Lavender. I only dealt with NSF once, but once they started saying I planned this whole thing to attack NSF, I gave up talking to them.

And here I thought that this story couldn't get more depressing. Yikes.

At least it's tearing that side of the web apart.
*Throws Schatt a bag of Orville's finest popping corn*

Only I have access to my finest popping corn. I have not given it out yet. It's aging in an oak barrel for now.

Something that I cannot contemplate based on the current facts must have happened,I have no idea how terms like this happen.

Whatever people percieve as the outcome of this war it doesn't matter. We came in here to defend Guinness and ensure it was protected from raids. There was a belief within LT that it could keep hitting Guinnesss and get away with it, we proved that to be false. However, it was never our intentions for this to spiral into the apocolypse but lets look at the Guinness AA. Guinness is nearly whiped out and having a GW thrown at them is probably not the best thing at this time. So we took measures as their protector to get them peace whatever the cost. Its simple as that.

Whatever people percieve as the outcome of this war it doesn't matter. We came in here to defend Guinness and ensure it was protected from raids. There was a belief within LT that it could keep hitting Guinnesss and get away with it, we proved that to be false. However, it was never our intentions for this to spiral into the apocolypse but lets look at the Guinness AA. Guinness is nearly whiped out and having a GW thrown at them is probably not the best thing at this time. So we took measures as their protector to get them peace whatever the cost. Its simple as that.

So, no, you didn't prove their belief to be false. In fact, you may have strengthened it.

I didn't even know this was going on until this thread. :v:

Came here to say this but it was too easy to tell sax to just join mi6 instead.

Y'all sure taught them. Raid your protectorate and you'll pay them 80 mill for their troubles.

And here I thought that this story couldn't get more depressing. Yikes.

Indeed it is so. Great allies you have there NSF.

Only I have access to my finest popping corn. I have not given it out yet. It's aging in an oak barrel for now.

Something that I cannot contemplate based on the current facts must have happened,I have no idea how terms like this happen.

Share with me? :wub:

Then I shall wait for the next raids with delight.

How much will you pay the next raiders? I need aid and I am willing to attack Genesis as they may be the only one with nations in my range.

Y'all sure taught them. Raid your protectorate and you'll pay them 80 mill for their troubles.

For making me agree with IYIyth, NSF I will raid you ASAP.