Peace

Do you think that I don't already know such things.

If your allies pressured you into taking this, then you need to find better ones, because they're honestly trash. Mistakes like this can be overcome. I don't know how new/old you are to this, but yeah.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

eminem.gif

I'm still just so confused. Sax who or what made you decide to agree to this?

Prevailing bets seem to be on ODN. In any event, enthusiasm for this planet and it's politics needs to be nutured not destroyed, and it really does piss me off that you're going to take a ton of crap because your three allies were afraid of a micro.

Edited by Xiphosis

Prevailing bets seem to be on ODN. In any event, enthusiasm for this planet and it's politics needs to be nutured not destroyed, and it really does piss me off that you're going to take a ton of crap because your three allies were afraid of a micro.

Neutered?

Freudian slip, eh xiph?

Neutered?

Freudian slip, eh xiph?

Huh? Nope.

To be fair, NSF shouldn't have a protectorate if it needs GATO/ODN/TLR to completely control its FA dealings and peace negotiations.

Sounds more like GATO/ODN/TLR insisted on it, for whatever reason. NSF certainly seems well represented on the OWF, not so much the CnG cats.

Edited by Xiphosis

Neutered?

Freudian slip, eh xiph?

Confused_Finn.gif

To be fair, NSF shouldn't have a protectorate if it needs GATO/ODN/TLR to completely control its FA dealings and peace negotiations.

Any alliance would need a protectorate if their allies didn't back them. There's been plenty of quite large AAs that were raided in the past.

Agreed.

Sounds more like GATO/ODN/TLR insisted on it, for whatever reason. NSF certainly seems well represented on the OWF, not so much the CnG cats.

They act well and appeared to be fighting well. This is why I was so disappointed. Every comment so far from C&G though makes them look to be $%&@ ups.

Seriously, NSF, you need to find better allies. On the other side of the web.

Edited by Rotavele

How the hell did this happen? This war should have been like the Anglo-zanzabar war, over in half an hour. How the hell did you guys SURRENDER? How did you even agree with reps knowing you had over 2X the nations to throw at them?

Even if NSF was unprepared for war, they had TWO TIMES the nations of the entire other side of the war.

78mil xfd

You just became the laughing stock of Planet Bob. I've been here for 7 years and argued with probably 500 people. This is the only thing that's ever made me mad in a sense.

dude you're cool, you're really cool. 500 people? damn dude. that's really cool..

kinda reminded of nsf's regent offering us 500 tech if we won a duel against an unprepared nsf nation here.

Is it too late to ask for that tech? Pretty sure I won the duel.

Attack Guinness and then they'll start discussing it.

I've already done that once. Hell, I think that I have enough randomly-attacking-NSF-and-its-protectorates cred that I really shouldn't have to do it again. 

LT, you could have gotten more out of NSF, very disappointed.

Potentially, yet I prefer to be able to sleep rather than have to sit in long and tedious peace talks. BringMeTheHorizon did a good job in negotiating the terms on the table which I put my stamp of approval on.

I am surprised Franz did not have to pay reps saying that all his alliance does is raid,

Vae Victis, my dear friend.

I'm not quite sure why my alliance keeps getting dragged into this thread.

But for the record.  For Xiph and Rotavele and anyone else who has been going on about odn.

1) We didn't demand nsf accept terms, negotiate, or do anything else.  Not only did we not demand, we didn't ask that they accept terms.  We told them to do what they felt was right and that was that.  I dont know how it works on other corners of the world, but over here we dont try to make our allies do things  Hell, if i had that sort of mind control power over NSF they wouldnt have *started* this war ::amused::.  From talking to them afterwards, I do get the sense that NSF was trying to avoid pulling allies in and thought settling things now would save others hurting for their choices.  And sure I can respect.  But that wasnt done at ODNs urging heh.

2) If they hadnt accepted peace, I dont know off hand what  ODN would've done with our odp.  We would have had to vote on it in fact, since odps dont activate automatically for us (hence the 'o' part).  So really it would've been up to the vote whether we thought we should activate it.

3) Im not sure why i would have needed to pressure or make nsf to do anything, or why anyone (other than those looking to make pr points) would think ODN did that.  IS there some evidence of this?

So again.  Xiph.  Stop spreading BS cause you dont like us or whatever.  No one in ODN demanded NSF do anything.  And ODN of all people wouldnt be 'pressuring' them to do anything, because we have an odp with nsf. Even if we were 'scared' of a micro (::eye roll:: can you be any more obvious with the bad pr spin) we werent under any obligation to fight said minor.  So calm down.  And if NSF feels we werent honoring the spirit of our treaty, im sure that will be between them and us. Not the OWF.

edit to add: and you wont see me post again in this thread, since its not really about odn. and im not sure why some are trying to make it.

Edited by OsRavan

But for the record.  For Xiph and Rotavele and anyone else who has been going on about odn.

1) We didn't demand nsf accept terms, negotiate, or do anything else.  Not only did we not demand, we didn't ask that they accept terms.  We told them to do what they felt was right and that was that.  I dont know how it works on other corners of the world, but over here we dont try to make our allies do things  Hell, if i had that sort of mind control power over NSF they wouldnt have *started* this war ::amused::.  From talking to them afterwards, I do get the sense that NSF was trying to avoid pulling allies in and thought settling things now would save others hurting for their choices.  And sure I can respect.  But that wasnt done at ODNs urging heh.

2) If they hadnt accepted peace, I dont know off hand what  ODN would've done with our odp.  We would have had to vote on it in fact, since odps dont activate automatically for us (hence the 'o' part).  So really it would've been up to the vote whether we thought we should activate it.

3) Im not sure why i would have needed to pressure or make nsf to do anything, or why anyone (other than those looking to make pr points) would think ODN did that.  IS there some evidence of this?

So again.  Xiph.  Stop spreading BS cause you dont like us or whatever.  No one in ODN demanded NSF do anything.  And ODN of all people wouldnt be 'pressuring' them to do anything, because we have an odp with nsf. Even if we were 'scared' of a micro (::eye roll:: can you be any more obvious with the bad pr spin) we werent under any obligation to fight said minor.  So calm down.  And if NSF feels we werent honoring the spirit of our treaty, im sure that will be between them and us. Not the OWF.

edit to add: and you wont see me post again in this thread, since its not really about odn. and im not sure why some are trying to make it.

Then NSF are just pussies and are paying reps for someone attacking their ally.

P.S. Thanks for clearing up ODNs involvement though.

well to be honest you should expect to be dragged in a little bit in this thread your ally just has to pay reps for protecting there protectorate. Not saying ODN is a bad ally. or anything but you have to expect it.

Os, thanks for clarifying ODN's stand on what was essentially low-level micro drama but looking at the comments that saxplayer has posted so far, it does look like he was pressured by his allies to accept peace.

Maybe its just me, but its either NSF is a really !@#$%* alliance and want to destroy the cred of it's allies or they were thrown under the bus by their allies. Atm, to me, it looks like the later.

Edited by d3mon

http://www.cybernations.net/alliance_aid.asp?ID=10127

Going to go ahead and verify this isn't a very successful joke but that NSF really are that terrible.

Os, thanks for clarifying ODN's stand on what was essentially low-level micro drama but looking at the comments that saxplayer has posted so far, it does look like he was pressured by his allies to accept peace.

Maybe its just me, but its either NSF is a really !@#$%* alliance and want to destroy the cred of it's allies or they were thrown under the bus by their allies. Atm, to me, it looks like the later.

Agreed. Apparently if their allies haven't pressured them, NSF was winning the war (from the screens), NSF out numbered their enemies 2 to 1, and Their actually paying reps; I really don't know why another alliance hasn't hit NSF yet. Edited by Rotavele

http://www.cybernations.net/alliance_aid.asp?ID=10127

Going to go ahead and verify this isn't a very successful joke but that NSF really are that terrible.

Agreed. Apparently if their allies haven't pressured them, NSF was winning the war (from the screens), NSF out numbered their enemies 2 to 1, and Their actually paying reps; I really don't know why another alliance hasn't hit NSF yet.

I'm sorry, you keep bringing this up that they were "winning", yes they may have had 2:1 advantage in nations, but they they had no nukes in the ranges of Lavender, and guess what, Lavender had nukes, and were nuking NSF badly. They weren't winning if you look at it from a numbers perspective, and damage output ratio, they would have lost in the long run. Their mid tier also had a few 40k nations with under 250k as a war chest, so there was no way if this was a prolonged war, with at least a few nations in the upper levels, that it would have gone well for them. 

I'm sorry, you keep bringing this up that they were "winning", yes they may have had 2:1 advantage in nations, but they they had no nukes in the ranges of Lavender, and guess what, Lavender had nukes, and were nuking NSF badly. They weren't winning if you look at it from a numbers perspective, and damage output ratio, they would have lost in the long run. Their mid tier also had a few 40k nations with under 250k as a war chest, so there was no way if this was a prolonged war, with at least a few nations in the upper levels, that it would have gone well for them.

They had plenty of nuclear nations in range of LT. I pmed them and was helping them individually find targets. They were incompetent and that was their downfall. Also as common knowledge after a few days of nukes in a 6 front war, you're done for.

You can claim you're going to win or lose or whatever, I do not really care. That is not the only point and not the main point. Edited by Rotavele

no-oh-rly.gif

you guys gotta be kidding...THEY should have been paying you reps, not the other way around.

if you can't properly defend/fund you protectorate you need to send them elsewhere for protection

NSF's allies in ODN and GATO, along with Guinness's ally in TLR, really couldn't get this resolved with white peace across the board? Ouch. 

This is one of those playground fights that nothing good comes from but nobody breaks up until everyone involved has made fools of themselves. It's still not very interesting though.