A Declaration of Support from the Viridian Entente

Goldie

As far as I am aware, there is no government structure. Think of MQ as an extremely militant LSF.

You could, however, count our prophets as spiritual leaders. The mouthpieces of Allarchon have led us to salvation, and many of us shall soon be free to rest with our great creator.

as always, rey is dreadfully unaware and has no role save for follower of the Mushlim faith. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always good to see people banding together to stand up against senseless combat. Attacking people who wish to remain neutral is a deplorable tactic...

You are aware that despite this being a nation building game it is centered around war right? If this game didn't have war, it would not have lasted this long. Attacking neutrals who have done nothing to help the community become more exciting and attractive are as valid a target (and I would argue more valid one) as any other. This whole neutrals are little innocent people rhetoric bothers me.

All these people who love neutrality seem to be missing the fact that MQ are themselves neutrals, just the kind that embrace war. 

This is very true. You don't have treaties or anything, and you've never tried to get involved in the political elements of the game, even though you've been around for a while. 

I respect your neutrality immensely, MQ.

Edited by Bob Ilyani

This is very true. You don't have treaties or anything, and you've never tried to get involved in the political elements of the game, even though you've been around for a while. All you've got are your lovely protectors making sure that no one causes any trouble.

I respect your neutrality immensely, MQ.

This has got to be a joke post. The entire length of MQ existence has been protected by Mushroom Kingdom. When MK "disbanded," MQ went from about ten nations to over 50, most of them former MK members and MK govt. I remember observing MQ the night before the disbandment while negotiating with MK about GOONS and LAW issues, and I suspected at the time MQ was about to attack someone. I was even warned by MK that something was going down and targets were being selected.

You cannot pull a hood over my eyes. MQ is at best a militant arm of MK that was looking for action, and at worse is part of a larger conspiracy. If you wonder why I am so vocal, now you know why, aside with the problem with long term global stability and precedence. Suggesting that MQ is some kind of neutral menace is preposterous.

This has got to be a joke post. The entire length of MQ existence has been protected by Mushroom Kingdom. When MK "disbanded," MQ went from about ten nations to over 50, most of them former MK members and MK govt. I remember observing MQ the night before the disbandment while negotiating with MK about GOONS and LAW issues, and I suspected at the time MQ was about to attack someone. I was even warned by MK that something was going down and targets were being selected.

You cannot pull a hood over my eyes. MQ is at best a militant arm of MK that was looking for action, and at worse is part of a larger conspiracy. If you wonder why I am so vocal, now you know why, aside with the problem with long term global stability and precedence. Suggesting that MQ is some kind of neutral menace is preposterous.

Pack it in guys

They're on to us

It is, but it also appears that Doombird Doomcave has joined MQ in that jihad against The Democratic Order.  I understand and share your affinity for them as ex-allies, but they should probably be subject to the same general condemnation as MQ.

DBDC Average NS: 243,932

DBDC Average tech: 26,963

Yeah...

Its okay Sir Hoppington just pigs out at the salad bar 

Stop talking about me.  :v:

Yes, it's a joke post. I'm more than a few drinks in and I'm enjoying myself... you should try it before posting sometime. It'd certainly make your essays more interesting.

Do you mean that MQ didn't and doesn't intend to attack other alliances, after TDO? The call to jihad seemed to point to something rather different, but TBH it was vague enough to justify claims to the contrary.
Or any claim, for that matter... Which suggests that a bit more of clarity may have helped MQ's cause. But I digress.

Back to the point: calls to jihad against neutrality aside (were they just battle cries/propaganda?), what do you think the intentions of MQ are? And, are you qualified to talk on behalf of MQ, anyway?

Whether or not MQ has an intention to hit other alliances, my annoyance is that GOP was never in danger. Essentially, they were under Umbrella protection.

If someone hit them, VE would protect, and Umb likes our friends in VE, so naturally Umb would assist. No matter how strong MQ is, and no matter what bitterness might exist after Umbrella left Doomhouse, a combination of not wanting to face Umbrella, having Some old friendships there, and not wanting to waste NS in general against non-neutral alliances (probably the main reason) meant that GOP was never going to be hit by MQ or DBDC.

As such, GOP aggressively entered a war out of principle, the same as CCC or TTE, and for no other reason, especially not in order to prevent war against their alliance. In this aggressive war, they are muddying the waters with what you see in this thread.

You are aware that despite this being a nation building game it is centered around war right? If this game didn't have war, it would not have lasted this long. Attacking neutrals who have done nothing to help the community become more exciting and attractive are as valid a target (and I would argue more valid one) as any other. This whole neutrals are little innocent people rhetoric bothers me.

This pleases me.  /ooc we need a "like" button /ooc

1)MQ before this conflict was merely just an alliance name MK members who never really quit MK went to, to call them an alliance on the same standing as most others is not correct.
A one man AA has more legitimacy as an alliance.

I'm sorry, anyone who 'legitimately' thinks MQ is some kind of MK conspiracy that "hasn't really quit" anything is a complete waste of time. MQ left MK because they wanted to fall on their swords doing something they wanted to do for a long time. Compare and contrast Bear Force 1, which declared against NpO. Not everyone in MK joined them, obviously.

4)I now know why you're so loose with the word "rogue", you can't seem figure out what an insult even is.
You never replied to this, you only posted a quote of mine which contained no insults.

You insulted me when you stated that you wanted my Alliance to be 'raided' by MQ simply because of our disagreement. If you don't think that was insulting, than fair enough. I don't expect everyone here to have enough raisins to make a fruitcake.

3)The question is what does other alliances consider a functioning alliance.

I stopped caring what 'other Alliances' thought during GATO-1V. The survivors of the Woodstock Massacre would probably agree. Again, just because the majority believes one thing, doesn't make it right. And evidently, without at least one Devil's Advocate, people start losing the plot.

A few folk have commented that the only reason people really care about this whole deal is that there are folks that disliked MK. I know you are one of their number. I suspect it influenced VE's decision, given their disagreements during the last war. In any case, I implore you, Shepard, to stop making an emotional, subjective argument against someone who only seeks one based on logic and rationality. MQ are a group of nations with a single alliance affiliation and a singular agenda. Yes, it can be considered a despicable, evil agenda by some. But that doesn't disqualify from being an Alliance.

Calling them 'rogues', is 'spin', as it belies an emotional argument and entices others against MQ. But if you think they're so horrible, declare on them! Simple as that. No need to entice others to do what you are too cowardly to do yourself.

Looks like I missed a nice debate here, I should go on these forums more often.
Good on VE for sticking by their allies, and defending those they stated they would defend; I do like those that stand by their word.

As for MQ being rogues? To me rogue implies that they act against the will of their alliance, MQ as an alliance have gone to war here, therefore they aren't rogues.
We may not like the reason behind the war, but it is the alliance acting as a whole, rather than a few rogue members, and to label them as rogue is just propaganda.

o/ VE

I stopped caring what 'other Alliances' thought during GATO-1V. The survivors of the Woodstock Massacre would probably agree. Again, just because the majority believes one thing, doesn't make it right. And evidently, without at least one Devil's Advocate, people start losing the plot.

If that was true then you would have removed yourself from world politics [ooc] this section of the forum[/ooc].  It is the same for everyone.  Whoever is in charge of whatever alliance, if they post here, then they do care what people think of their alliance. 

If that was true then you would have removed yourself from world politics [ooc] this section of the forum[/ooc].  It is the same for everyone.  Whoever is in charge of whatever alliance, if they post here, then they do care what people think of their alliance.

This is well off-topic. It is also a bad attempt at telling people to 'stop posting'.

In any case, you are misinterpreting me. I do care about my Alliance and its reputation. What I don't care about is when people use false logic to support their assertions. If people have an issue with that, that's their problem. If the majority believe the wrong thing, that doesn't make it right, just as how 'legitimacy' didn't make One Vision rolling whomever they wanted the 'right thing'.

As my fellow alliance member has demonstrated, we don't have a beef with VE, or anyone else. We just tell it how we see it and allow others to make up their minds for themselves.

Whether or not MQ has an intention to hit other alliances, my annoyance is that GOP was never in danger. Essentially, they were under Umbrella protection.

If someone hit them, VE would protect, and Umb likes our friends in VE, so naturally Umb would assist. No matter how strong MQ is, and no matter what bitterness might exist after Umbrella left Doomhouse, a combination of not wanting to face Umbrella, having Some old friendships there, and not wanting to waste NS in general against non-neutral alliances (probably the main reason) meant that GOP was never going to be hit by MQ or DBDC.

As such, GOP aggressively entered a war out of principle, the same as CCC or TTE, and for no other reason, especially not in order to prevent war against their alliance. In this aggressive war, they are muddying the waters with what you see in this thread.

Thanks.

To be honest my questions weren't centered around GOP's role or motives, but rather about MQ's motives, structure (if any), logic and intentions. I don't intend to say or to suggest that any party had or not justification to do what they're doing, I am just interested in understanding MQ.

(I admit that I am asking questions in threads that have been created with other objectives, but I don't think that my interest merits its own thread. So yeah, it is what it is... :) )

You insulted me when you stated that you wanted my Alliance to be 'raided' by MQ simply because of our disagreement. If you don't think that was insulting, than fair enough. I don't expect everyone here to have enough raisins to make a fruitcake.

I wished that they attacked your alliance to see how you would react, to see it if you would consider it a fair "contest" and what your view would be.

The amount of nations MQ has in range of your alliance add up to somewhere around your alliance's strength or a bit more, it sounds fair enough if we use your logic.

And that's not even an insult, you just don't understand what it means.

I'm sorry, anyone who 'legitimately' thinks MQ is some kind of MK conspiracy that "hasn't really quit" anything is a complete waste of time. MQ left MK because they wanted to fall on their swords doing something they wanted to do for a long time. Compare and contrast Bear Force 1, which declared against NpO. Not everyone in MK joined them, obviously.

Uhmmmm what?

I said "MQ before this conflict was merely just an alliance name MK members who never really quit MK went to".

MQ, before the conflict, as in before this war began.

I thought that would have been easy to understand.

A few folk have commented that the only reason people really care about this whole deal is that there are folks that disliked MK. I know you are one of their number. I suspect it influenced VE's decision, given their disagreements during the last war. In any case, I implore you, Shepard, to stop making an emotional, subjective argument against someone who only seeks one based on logic and rationality. MQ are a group of nations with a single alliance affiliation and a singular agenda. Yes, it can be considered a despicable, evil agenda by some. But that doesn't disqualify from being an Alliance.

I'm not one to not care about situations like this, you say I only care because I dislike MK which is untrue in that regard.

Calling them 'rogues', is 'spin', as it belies an emotional argument and entices others against MQ. But if you think they're so horrible, declare on them! Simple as that. No need to entice others to do what you are too cowardly to do yourself. 

You're not logical or rational.

Their own members referred to themselves as a group of rogues, I can't spin what they say and what is the general norm of a rogue.

Where did I entice someone to declare on them?

Why are you calling me a coward for not getting involved in a fight against rogues?

I'm not sure why but I think you're a bit vented now.