A Declaration of Support from the Viridian Entente

Goldie

BN was pretty exceptional especially considering how little they fought in standard CN. They only fought in one global war against anybody relevant (GOD) whereas MK took the initiative for 4 years running and time and time again proved to be top of line quality (not just in warring/activity/coordination either).

Edited by Sunny Side King

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BN was pretty exceptional especially considering how little they fought in standard CN. They only fought in one global war against anybody relevant (GOD) whereas MK took the initiative for 4 years running and time and time again proved to be top of line quality (not just in warring/activity/coordination either).

I'll drink to that.

VE was throwing their ridiculous weight around in a coalition that didnt even really want them in the 1st place. 

Not sure if you realize it or not, but you just nailed the very reason why VE has been a pain in yours and some others asses for a long time now.  The general membership of VE has always felt the disdain that you, MK, and a few others have had for us.  There's always been a vibe from you guys that you consider us your lessers; that we're not worthy of being in the same room with you.  Your expectation that we'd sit idly by and let MK hit our oldest ally after Ardus spent weeks on the witch hunt circuit drumming up support reeks of the highest form of arrogance and absurdity.

So yeah, the general membership of VE, me being one of the more vocal members, was radically adamant in holding our ground and doing the right thing.  It was bad for us politically, put our leaders in a bad spot, and isolated us after the dissolution of Pandora's Box, but after seeing the hatred by some of you in this very thread, it only confirms that we did the right thing.  Getting on board just for the sake of getting on board because the so called 'King Makers' said we had to only made us want to be a bigger pain in your ass.  If you guys had ever treated us with respect and as equals, maybe history would have been different.  From your perspective this seems a bit immature on our part I know, but at least we're not doing tricks and spinning in circles balancing a treat on our noses waiting for our master to tell us when we can eat.

Not sure if you realize it or not, but you just nailed the very reason why VE has been a pain in yours and some others asses for a long time now.  The general membership of VE has always felt the disdain that you, MK, and a few others have had for us.  There's always been a vibe from you guys that you consider us your lessers; that we're not worthy of being in the same room with you.  Your expectation that we'd sit idly by and let MK hit our oldest ally after Ardus spent weeks on the witch hunt circuit drumming up support reeks of the highest form of arrogance and absurdity.

So yeah, the general membership of VE, me being one of the more vocal members, was radically adamant in holding our ground and doing the right thing.  It was bad for us politically, put our leaders in a bad spot, and isolated us after the dissolution of Pandora's Box, but after seeing the hatred by some of you in this very thread, it only confirms that we did the right thing.  Getting on board just for the sake of getting on board because the so called 'King Makers' said we had to only made us want to be a bigger pain in your ass.  If you guys had ever treated us with respect and as equals, maybe history would have been different.  From your perspective this seems a bit immature on our part I know, but at least we're not doing tricks and spinning in circles balancing a treat on our noses waiting for our master to tell us when we can eat.

Oh just stop with the nonsense. For the sake of our PB allies we tried repeatedly to freshen relations with VE. You know, there was only 1 alliance in CN in that era that was more dismissive of us than VE was (except for Baltus, you should all strive to be more like him), and that was Umbrella. 

And as for what you did or did not do in regards to shielding GOD in that war.... Its fine that you did it. It was annoying as all get out at the time, but in the end, it was fine that you did it. What is NOT fine, is when your ilk come here and come down on MK and allies for essentially doing the exact same thing in reverse this past war. Statements like "supporting NPO and IRON" are so freaking ludicrous and hypocritical coming from ANYONE in VE. 

Oh just stop with the nonsense. For the sake of our PB allies we tried repeatedly to freshen relations with VE. You know, there was only 1 alliance in CN in that era that was more dismissive of us than VE was (except for Baltus, you should all strive to be more like him), and that was Umbrella. 

And as for what you did or did not do in regards to shielding GOD in that war.... Its fine that you did it. It was annoying as all get out at the time, but in the end, it was fine that you did it. What is NOT fine, is when your ilk come here and come down on MK and allies for essentially doing the exact same thing in reverse this past war. Statements like "supporting NPO and IRON" are so freaking ludicrous and hypocritical coming from ANYONE in VE. 

Yes because MK doing their deal without letting the rest of the coalition know is the same as VE actually informing the rest of the coalition about it before it started, right?

Keep on spinnin'

What is MK's tie to NPO again? And I see you're still equating preventing a 2 million NS MADP partner from being ground into dust with "protecting" a 12 million NS mass that was never close to being outnumbered to begin with.

What is MK's tie to NPO again? And I see you're still equating preventing a 2 million NS MADP partner from being ground into dust with "protecting" a 12 million NS mass that was never close to being outnumbered to begin with.

This doesnt even make sense. The bottom line is your folks are essentially accusing MK folks of doing exactly the same thing that they themselves did. NS , alliance size , are non-factors in this hypocrisy. What it comes down to is ... "We think its ok if we do it, but not ok if someone else does it"... which is pretty much the entire story of Planet Bob since day 1.

Edited by Rush Sykes

I just want to point out that Rush is merely addressing the ACCUSATION that MK had a "deal" to "protect NPO".  As I said in my previous post, there was no such deal.  The only reason we worked to keep counters off of NPO was for the sake of getting and keeping NG on our side.  We would have had no qualms with seeing NPO smashed, and most of MK would have cheered at it.

Edited by Azaghul

I just want to point out that Rush is merely addressing the ACCUSATION that MK had a "deal" to "protect NPO".  As I said in my previous post, there was no such deal.  The only reason we worked to keep counters off of NPO was for the sake of getting and keeping NG on our side.  We would have had no qualms with seeing NPO smashed, and most of MK would have cheered at it.

If my memory is correct this is very true. I remember NG being the balancing factor this past war. We needed them with us and they were upfront about their stance. They had to play both sides of the fence and honor their ties to both sides.

A little more to the point, we (TLR) WERE working with NPO , but only is so much as to communicate what kind of terms WE felt would or should be acceptable to Umb, and to continue to reinforce that any such terms as the 1st terms offered were going to get a resounding no. And if those were to be the prevailing terms for an extended time period, then we were all-in for continuing to fight.  Its completely ludicrous to suggest that MK was working with NPO. 

Valhalla of that era was much like most alliances today. Inactive husks who could be barely motivated. The complete fact of the matter is VE only blocked an MK hit on GOD because they knew MK would be all out , all the time, and they felt that the others would not. It is quite simply the truth.

While I can't say I've paid all that much attention to your rantings in the past, I can say that over the last few years I've seen/heard endless facepalms at how ignorant your posts are. Now that I have actually read the last few of them I wonder if you truly are as ignorant as your statements or if you say the exact opposite of reality in attempt to keep conversation. Your assessment of affairs is always completely warped and your facts awkwardly false. If you'd like to know the truths from people who were actually there, come have a chat some time. Or you can just keep spewing your 2nd hand asinine rhetoric in hopes that someone out there is even dumber than you and will actually buy into it.

While I can't say I've paid all that much attention to your rantings in the past, I can say that over the last few years I've seen/heard endless facepalms at how ignorant your posts are. Now that I have actually read the last few of them I wonder if you truly are as ignorant as your statements or if you say the exact opposite of reality in attempt to keep conversation. Your assessment of affairs is always completely warped and your facts awkwardly false. If you'd like to know the truths from people who were actually there, come have a chat some time. Or you can just keep spewing your 2nd hand asinine rhetoric in hopes that someone out there is even dumber than you and will actually buy into it.

Agreeing, or disagreeing with that particular fact (the inacticity of Valhalla at that time) is totally subjective. For me to be correct, it does not have to be black and white true. It only has to be the overarching perception. It WAS the overarching perception. It was widely viewed by VE(and most of the rest of Planet Bob, but specifically VE for matters of THIS discussion) that Valhalla was a dying and incompetent alliance. It is for that reason, that it is Valhalla that VE wanted to hit GOD. What the truth of Valhalla's activity at that time was, is immaterial. The focus point is VE blocking MK specifically from hitting GOD... and trying to cite ridiculous objections of the rest of PB to MK hitting them (there were none.)

Edited by Rush Sykes

Agreeing, or disagreeing with that particular fact (the inacticity of Valhalla at that time) is totally subjective. For me to be correct, it does not have to be black and white true. It only has to be the overarching perception. It WAS the overarching perception. It was widely viewed by VE(and most of the rest of Planet Bob, but specifically VE for matters of THIS discussion) that Valhalla was a dying and incompetent alliance. It is for that reason, that it is Valhalla that VE wanted to hit GOD. What the truth of Valhalla's activity at that time was, is immaterial. The focus point is VE blocking MK specifically from hitting GOD... and trying to cite ridiculous objections of the rest of PB to MK hitting them (there were none.)

You continue to show how little you actually know about things that have happened over the past few years.

To address earlier points, MK supported NPO and IRON. Indirectly, of course, but by blocking attempts to get them countered, even after NG, TLR, and GATO had already been activated on our side, you were supporting NPO (and to a lesser extent, IRON) in getting through the war unscathed. That NG, TLR, and GATO were doing that is public knowledge. MK's support of them doing that is public knowledge as well. I'm not saying they were working with NPO, or anyone was working with NPO. No, I feel it was more reprehensible in that people took it upon themselves to protect NPO from counters, even without any NPO request to do so.

To further how idiotic your own rhetoric is, you continue to take a random shot at Valhalla. Well, let me educate you on the fact that there was no need to ever discuss Valhalla being the ones to hit GOD. VE certainly had a negative opinion of Valhalla back then, but you, nor anyone else, would have ever seen VE discussing how a "dying and incompetent" Valhalla should be the ones to hit GOD. GOD hit Valhalla, not the other way around, that's what triggered MK wanting to hit GOD. You clearly know absolutely nothing on what happened during then, only have 6th or 7th hand knowledge of things, or snippets of logs here and there that your incredible political mind turned into the drivel you spewed out as discourse in this thread.

MK being kept from hitting GOD has been explained as firmly as I care to ever explain it to those that it matters to explain it to. Many were satisfied, many were angry, but in the end, we did what was right for our ally. I don't believe we ever cited PB objections as a reason for keeping MK off of them, but we did thoroughly enjoy the support we received from most in PB for our actions. In retrospect, we made mistakes in that war, but that was one decision that was absolutely the right thing to do. Your pitiful arguments made to compare this situation, where we were positioning to defend our ally who was in a defending coalition, to MK's indirect support of protecting NPO during a war that NPO was the aggressor, are paper thin, as is your understanding of the past few years of CN history, clearly.

You continue to show how little you actually know about things that have happened over the past few years.

To address earlier points, MK supported NPO and IRON. Indirectly, of course, but by blocking attempts to get them countered, even after NG, TLR, and GATO had already been activated on our side, you were supporting NPO (and to a lesser extent, IRON) in getting through the war unscathed. That NG, TLR, and GATO were doing that is public knowledge. MK's support of them doing that is public knowledge as well. I'm not saying they were working with NPO, or anyone was working with NPO. No, I feel it was more reprehensible in that people took it upon themselves to protect NPO from counters, even without any NPO request to do so.

You are out of your mind if you think GATO was actively trying to protect NPO. 

If we (MK) had had 1) An assurance that NG wouldn't protect NPO from counters as well and subsequently enter on both sides (we didn't, not that I know of anyway) and 2) Had enough nations in reserve to have a meaningful impact on that front, without giving up on other fronts, we would have pushed for it.

As it was, what NS that was not already engaged that we (the coalition) had (NG, GATO, GATO allies) primarily consisted of NPO allies that couldn't hit them for obvious reasons.

The end result of all of this might have been that NPO and IRON took less damage than others, but trying to say that was MK (or TLR's) intent is ridiculous.

Edited by Azaghul