Amicitiae Nostrae Memoriam Spero Sempiternam Fore

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go back to plotting the take down of the irrelevant and useless, as if it were relevant and useful. :unsure:

Commenting on who to use as a punching bag implies the opposite of "taking down," actually.

Congrats on managing to limp on for more than two years after you utterly lost relevance---a relevance that was, in the main, due to your affiliation with other blocs anyway.

Adios.

I can't wait for someone to beat that snide attitude right out of you.

It's been a good run fella's o/ SF! o/ Camaraderie

I appreciate people staying mostly respectful, this is very difficult for us.

"we got our asses handed to us lol lets pretend that never happened"

and then you disbanded after winning a war as well, damn.  Some bloc to disband after winning a war!!!  And if you are seriously trying to claim you won that war, none of you have recovered from it (except R&R who didn't really fight it as much as the others because of FOK).

Ego mentioned other reasons as the real blow to SF back then... Not the fact that Miolnir didn't manage to beat us. We lost that war, nobody here denies that. If you want to talk about recovering from it, though, I'd like to point you to the Asgaard and Ragnarok AAs. Even NordReich and Valhalla are not the same as they used to be, for whatever reason.

The Mjolnir-SF war was part of the causes of SF's loss of capital and strenght: not the only one.

I mean, not to join the Bob Ilyani Defense League, but did SF not just win a war and then disband?

That said, I think we all know Bob had no impact leading to this dissolution.  Only I did.  And it wasn't because of Grudge or Dave--it's the web.  Y'all saw the web and went "good lord" and now everything's goin' to hell.

Well, anyoneexpecting SF to disband, while being in a position where defeat is expected, doesn't understand the bloc. We aways called it a suicide bloc, we always stated when the time came we would face it together. Speaking for R&R, we had options to be on the winning side of grudge, we had the same options for the dave war. Apart from a few who argued for it it really was never considered. I think the same thing goes for every other SF alliance. We survived together, we ruled together, we took our licks together and ended it by surviving together again, full circle that's why it was a good time to disband now as opposed to doing it after grudge even though from a political point it might not be. 

"we got our asses handed to us lol lets pretend that never happened"

and then you disbanded after winning a war as well, damn.  Some bloc to disband after winning a war!!!  And if you are seriously trying to claim you won that war, none of you have recovered from it (except R&R who didn't really fight it as much as the others because of FOK).

I don't think anyone will claim SF has won that war. Just disagreeing that it ended us. Yes GOD, CSN and RIA (NPL wasn't in SF that war) got hit very hard, even R&R who 'didn't fight it as much' lost a bunch of members and over 50% of its strength that war. Personally I would say thing took a turn after the Dave war, it was just to fast after grudge. 

If anyone thinks MJ was anything other then a god damned joke they are fools. We were scared. We didn't achieve what we set out to do. We crushed CSN and GOD. That's it. R&R went largely unscathed and we left 2 MJ members out to dry because some people were afraid of bringing in R&R/FOK. It was a failure and a complete waste of our time.

We had fun though :P

Hopefully, former members are now free to rebuild their image.

NPL has nothing to rebuild about our image.  We have fought valiantly and have been fierce allies.  We are content with what we have done and have nothing to apologize for, thank you.  The only tarnish on our image is the one propagated by the people who decided we were terrible because we made a mistake early in our existence, a mistake we both paid reps for, which was followed by a 30:1 NS rolling (after we paid the reps).  But, you know, we took white peace in that war, so we must be terrible.

NPL has nothing to rebuild about our image.  We have fought valiantly and have been fierce allies.  We are content with what we have done and have nothing to apologize for, thank you.  The only tarnish on our image is the one propagated by the people who decided we were terrible because we made a mistake early in our existence, a mistake we both paid reps for, which was followed by a 30:1 NS rolling (after we paid the reps).  But, you know, we took white peace in that war, so we must be terrible.

I was referring to SF image as whole.  Individual image varies.  Some are good some are bad.  In the case of NPL, I personaly do not know you enough.

I was referring to SF image as whole.  Individual image varies.  Some are good some are bad.  In the case of NPL, I personaly do not know you enough.

they're scum. that's all you need to know.

they are Aqua colored and believe that nukes and zombies are fun :gag:

Just saw this and was actually surprised. I also admit that I'm disappointed. Who the hell are we supposed to keep beating on now that SF is gone?

If the next beating you deliver also results in your side losing and your broken alliance merging to avoid micro status, I'm sure you'll find plenty of volunteers.

It will be interesting to see if the various alliances start going their separate ways or continue to remain in the same sphere of influence. Nevertheless, I want to tip my hat one last time to one of the most important blocs in the history of this world.

If anyone thinks MJ was anything other then a god damned joke they are fools. We were scared. We didn't achieve what we set out to do. We crushed CSN and GOD. That's it. R&R went largely unscathed and we left 2 MJ members out to dry because some people were afraid of bringing in R&R/FOK. It was a failure and a complete waste of our time.

I think we shall have to agree to disagree with your views on MJ. Certainly thigs didnt work out exactly as we wanted or planned(then again what ever really does?) but id say that we accomplished a good showing and had fun doing so. sorry if that wasnt something you consider good or valuable but its your prerogative to think as ya like, though im kinda disheartened to see vitriol coming out of someone involved in MJ.  Que ser sera I spose.

Have a good day Joe, hopefully the ranting will start to get rid of your pent up anger at how things went down in MJ and maybe one day you can accept it for what it was and come to peace with that as no one needs such anger regarding a project made for a specific purpose and disbanded after in order to give us all room to make some FA moves.

CJ

I think we shall have to agree to disagree with your views on MJ. Certainly thigs didnt work out exactly as we wanted or planned(then again what ever really does?) but id say that we accomplished a good showing and had fun doing so. sorry if that wasnt something you consider good or valuable but its your prerogative to think as ya like, though im kinda disheartened to see vitriol coming out of someone involved in MJ.  Que ser sera I spose.

Have a good day Joe, hopefully the ranting will start to get rid of your pent up anger at how things went down in MJ and maybe one day you can accept it for what it was and come to peace with that as no one needs such anger regarding a project made for a specific purpose and disbanded after in order to give us all room to make some FA moves.

CJ

I'd say that most of SF!, at least those involved in the backroom dealings, can agree that MJ successfully served its perceived purpose. Had DH not jumped the gun, you could have claimed a technical all-around victory. Unfortunately, DH was "that guy" who let loose their arrow before being told to fire (OOC: see that scene from Lord of the Rings, the Two Towers). Either way, my rambling and MJ's internal dealings aside, you guys completed what you set out to do. No matter how you cut it, I'd call that efficiency.

Smurth you are always terrible :P

Cant lie and say I'm sad about this. I've never been a huge SF supporter but for NPL's sake I'll wish them good luck, have fun, and don't do anything I wouldn't do twice, upside down, and naked.

Joe we didn't leave two members out to dry, Asgaard knew going in that the scenario that happened could have happened. It was an unfortunate situation to see but nothing ever goes as planned. At the end of the day we accomplished what we set out to do and if you can't see that then so be it. 

Certain signatories of Mj made some people unhappy during the war itself, and had the bloc continued on, this would have come back to bite its members. In the event, the bloc disbanded, soon after the war, so I'd say that it did what it was meant to do.

This is a step to the right direction.  Hopefully, former members are now free to rebuild their image.

GOD is years past that possibility.

Edited by Crymson

If the next beating you deliver also results in your side losing and your broken alliance merging to avoid micro status, I'm sure you'll find plenty of volunteers.

You have it all figured out don't you? I won't kick you while your down.
Btw, our merge was discussed prior to the war, so keep shooting blanks.