Treaty Cancellation

natosflag.png

NATO has notified NADC of its intention to cancel the North Atlantic Compact Treaty. As per Article 5 of the treaty, the obligations of each party will expire after a period of 48 hours following this announcement.

We wish our former ally all the best for the future.

Signed:

Sir Humphrey, Secretary General
Lenny N Karl, Secretary of Foreign Affairs
Tsayka, Secretary of Defense
SteelersFan, Secretary of Commerce
lonabis, Secretary of Enlistment
AtheistRepublican, Chief Justice

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We find this cancellation confusing, considering we just fought a war in their defense. The confusion is further heightened by the fact NATO wished to cancel because of other treaty obligations; other treaty obligations that didn't seem to matter much to them before the war. Nonetheless, we wish NATO well in their future endeavours.

We find this cancellation confusing, considering we just fought a war in their defense. The confusion is further heightened by the fact NATO wished to cancel because of other treaty obligations; other treaty obligations that didn't seem to matter much to them before the war. Nonetheless, we wish NATO well in their future endeavours.

Likely better to be handled in private.

Best of luck to NATO and NADC.

The politics of dancing

The politics of ooOOooohhh feelin' good

The politics of moving

Is this message understood [hr]

Best to you both in the future!

Edited by Schattenmann

Never thought I'd see Re-Flex quoted.

Good luck to both.

Bob is far better for it. Schatt's finest work in many a year.

The erasure of lines in the NA zone is fascinating.

So... one more hurdle cleared for the next curbstomp.  DH, you guys just gotta be loiving this. 

Don't be ridiculous, NPO said everything that happened was in the past is forgotten and they will start wars from what happens from now on.

There is probably a perfectly reasonable reason for an alliance to cancel on an ally who came in for them during the last recent war.

Don't be ridiculous, NPO said everything that happened was in the past is forgotten and they will start wars from what happens from now on.

There is probably a perfectly reasonable reason for an alliance to cancel on an ally who came in for them during the last recent war.

While that may be true for NPO, there are others who don't subscribe to that idea and for good reason too.  

Best wishes to all involved regardless! 

Edited by Jgoods45

So... one more hurdle cleared for the next curbstomp.  DH, you guys just gotta be loiving this. 

I think you are reading a bit too much into this.

How does what NPO said have anything to do with a decision by NATO to review and adjust its treaties?

If we follow this assumption to its conclusion, the North Atlantic will be doing some Treaty Organization to the effect of drop-kicking CCC, RoK, and R&R, here pretty soon.

I guess I don't pay enough attention to get all of the implications of this, but I thought this was an old and solid relationship... so, best of luck to both moving forward. Anyway, I'm guessing China some new hegemonic power is using its economic political leverage to drive a wedge in the historically allied North Atlantic... lol