OBR Forums Hacked and virused/Cancellation

Well, I guess what I meant to say is that I don't think TOP is going to get much Sympathy on the OWF, but if you want to drag this out and make a thing about it i.e. veiled remarks, and condescending responses, go ahead.

We care very little about gaining sympathy and more about the irony of an alliance that lambasted us earlier in the war for not knowing how to "read a treaty" and now displaying a lack of comprehension in their own cancellation wording. For those who are unaware the treaty remains in effect until April 3rd... this cancellation announcement being premature.

---

That being said it sucks to hear you've lost so much data and I wish you the best of luck in recovering it OBR.

The government of the Republic of Krashnaia wants to express the solidarity of our nation with the noble peoples of OBR in regards of their board issues.

We hope that you get it solved soon, and are confident in your resolve to overcome the loss of a year full of information.

Sorry to hear about your forum issues, OBR. Good luck in getting the content of your forums back as much as possible.

Could you possible get her to query me sometime (I'll be available anytime this week after 12 PM Server Time to around update)?

I'd like to ask her some questions.

Public service notice: with "her" bros means "Lady Kirke". Oh well I guess. :)

Dear OP:
My condolences on the lost memories due to the forum hack and infection. At least you had a backup from a year ago (does not take away the loss of a year's worth of chatter, but at least its not a total loss).

ODP is an ODP. I'm confident OBR had good reason for any of the actions they have made in regards to this conflict.

I'm glad that you are confident about it. We are confident about it too.

I'm glad you're confident. Above posts suggest otherwise.

Confidence is a good thing, nice to see it in such abundant supply out here.

Sympathy on the forum issue, that sort of thing can surely suck. Best of luck rebuilding - and finding the culprit.

We care very little about gaining sympathy and more about the irony of an alliance that lambasted us earlier in the war for not knowing how to "read a treaty" and now displaying a lack of comprehension in their own cancellation wording. For those who are unaware the treaty remains in effect until April 3rd... this cancellation announcement being premature.

That's a weak jab. The OP does not say "effective immediately." It doesnt give any details. If you feel the need to add the detail that per your view the 96 hours notice began with Hime Themis' post (although it seems to imply TOP initiated the process at some point prior to the post) that's fine, but y'all seem to be going out of your way to be nasty about it.

Want some ointment?

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

Sympathy on the forum issue, that sort of thing can surely suck. Best of luck rebuilding - and finding the culprit.

That's a weak jab. The OP does not say "effective immediately." It doesnt give any details. If you feel the need to add the detail that per your view the 96 hours notice began with Hime Themis' post (although it seems to imply TOP initiated the process at some point prior to the post) that's fine, but y'all seem to be going out of your way to be nasty about it.

Want some ointment?

The 96 hr period began when we delivered our cancellation notice in private. Now it's been common practice by alliances to allow a cancellation period expire before announcing treaties end on the OWF for years and years. I'm not sure if your well documented infatuation with us is not allowing you to pass without comment or if you're being willfully ignorant to common Bob practice.

The 96 hr period began when we delivered our cancellation notice in private. Now it's been common practice by alliances to allow a cancellation period expire before announcing treaties end on the OWF for years and years. I'm not sure if your well documented infatuation with us is not allowing you to pass without comment or if you're being willfully ignorant to common Bob practice.

Actually, it's not uncommon for the cancellation to be posted either at the beginning or end of the period.  OBR figured it ought to be posted at the beginning, TOP thought the end.  Big whoop.

Edited by Schattenmann

I imagine they just didn't want to have to make two seperate topics; they had to make a post regarding the forum crash, and decided to add the TOP treaty cancellation. As stated above, it doesn't say the treaty is no longer in effect immediately. 

Shame to part ways with old allies, a lot of that has been going around of late it seems. I'll echo Voodoo's statement, stay in touch OBR.

Also my condolences for your forum issues, at least it wasn't a total loss however. bros to the rescue perhaps? :P

Good Owned-You

This was never meant to preempt any announcement you might have made. It has been OUR practice to announce such cancellations as soon as possible after we are served the cancellation( see The Apparatus thread) it also sadly followed that we needed to announce the forum issue so we know how much the OWF loves multiple threads so we sought to be timely in both announcements in one.

PS. Bros2 I have PMd you in game as your OWF mail box is full. You really are loved. :awesome:

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

Good Owned-You

This was never meant to preempt any announcement you might have made. It has been OUR practice to announce such cancellations as soon as possible after we are served the cancellation( see The Apparatus thread) it also sadly followed that we needed to announce the forum issue so we know how much the OWF loves multiple threads so we sought to be timely in both announcements in one.

PS. Bros2 I have PMd you in game as your OWF mail box is full. You really are loved. :awesome:

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

Sir Themis,

Though I share in your desire to keep public statements neat and tidy (indeed, we'd planned on mentioning this change in foreign relations with our forthcoming elections), the failure to communicate your intent to publicly announce this development is a reflection of our mutual lack of investment in the previously-codified relationship. Altogether, though, it is a minor point, and whatever lesser controversy is caused in this thread is not worth the words necessary to express it.

Good luck.

Sincerely,
Mr. Cadogan Edited by Ardus

Sorry to hear about your forum issues, OBR. Good luck in getting the content of your forums back as much as possible.

Public service notice: with "her" bros means "Lady Kirke". Oh well I guess. :)

it was 2:30 in the morning

I wasn't going to actually think about the gender of an individual

or do much more thinking than necessary

it was 2:30 in the morning

I wasn't going to actually think about the gender of an individual

or do much more thinking than necessary

Well, I wasn't focusing on the gender, but rather on the lack of names. But whatever. :)

Interestingly, the last cancellation I read on these forums was [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/116171-nordreich-announcement-treaty-cancellation/]also announced before the expiration period was over[/url].