OBR Forums Hacked and virused/Cancellation

Gentle Persons

It has been a very difficult weekend.

Our friends in TOP have indicated with regret that our ODP can no longer be held. We continue to count them as friends and wish them the very best in future.

On March 29th it would appear our forums were hacked and a virus introduce. This slowly began to eat our forum posts. Lady Kirke put in massive effort to control the damage but it continued to spread rapidly. We were forced to go back to a safe point download ahead of the virus.

We are thus sad to announce we have lost one entire year of posts, threads, embassies and forum masks. We apologize for the inconvenience. We ask any who opened a new mask since April 1st 2012 to please come back and get re masked. Any new embassies were also lost so we invite our new friends to come back and see us.

I wish to pass on my personal thanks to Lady Kirke for all her efforts to save what she could. I would also like to thank those who have offered support and help.

This is regretfully not an April fool’s joke.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

I just did.  Are we to infer from your reply that TOP tried to activate this non-chaining ODP to get OBR to fight on behalf of Umbrella?

I would infer that they thought it wasn't worth keeping. Could just be me though.

I just did.  Are we to infer from your reply that TOP tried to activate this non-chaining ODP to get OBR to fight on behalf of Umbrella?

No. He's refering to a quote in specific.

Good luck to you in the future, OBR, and hopefully you can get to the bottom of this virus affair.

I'm glad that you are confident about it. We are confident about it too.

I'm glad you're confident. Above posts suggest otherwise.

EDIT: I think I missread your post, but I don't care. You're wrong, and you won't get any sympathy from me.

Edited by Enamel32

I don't know how TOP will get by without your sympathy Enamel, this is truly a shattering blow to Paradoxia.

Well, I guess what I meant to say is that I don't think TOP is going to get much Sympathy on the OWF, but if you want to drag this out and make a thing about it i.e. veiled remarks, and condescending responses, go ahead.

Edited by Enamel32

Well, I guess what I meant to say is that I don't think TOP is going to get much Sympathy on the OWF, but if you want to drag this out and make a thing about it i.e. veiled remarks, and condescending responses, go ahead.

I don't think they are looking for sympathy. The way I see it they realized that it would take an extraordinary set of circumstances for the treaty to ever be activated....on both ends. I mean what major alliance would hit either TOP or OBR with no reason? Seems the only way that treaty would ever be activated and I guess TOP figured no reason having a useless piece of paper about. I happen to agree but I won;t commiserate with them on OBR's refusal if there was any....it was well withing OBR's rights to refuse. It just further reinforces the extraordinary circumstances bit.