Peace Announcement

Which stated facts in any of my posts here are inaccurate?

However, (in)competence side is not united. There are those on your side who are unhappy about this. That they saw rapidly that their PR spin line was going to be a disaster and are now retracting like crazy does not change that. 

This opinion is speculation and not a fact.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This opinion is speculation and not a fact.

And it is not presented as fact. It is presented as an opinion drawn from the factual basis of how people posted in this thread. 

That and it is totally unrealistic (and in fact I know it is not the case as does anyone with the tiniest knowledge of the (in)competence alliances) to assume otherwise. 

I would like to thank all those who have supported UCoN, and to those who are disappointed I apologise, it was never our intent to let anyone down. We entered this war to support our ally MW and I would do it again, and again and again and again. UCoN loves its allies. Anyone who doubts that does not no us.

We entered this war fully knowing what we were getting into. None of us regret it. We fought, out numbered and out gunned. We fought with and against some of the best people this game has to offer. We feel we earned our peace and at the end of the day, that is the opinion that matters.

We have no hard feelings towards either side of this war and are still Madly in love with MW.

o/O/UCoN\O\o

o/ MW \o

Fair enough. I apologize to you if my earlier comment caused you any offence. As someone amid the interminable dribbling of the last few pages surmised, I did not have all the facts at my disposal when I made it. Go well.

Congratulations on peace to UCoN, NEW and DB4D!! Thank you for fighting with us, UCoN! You have proved very much so that you are a quality alliance with quite the bit of backbone. You've earned peace and best of luck with rebuilding!

As for the rest of EQ posters that probably make up 95% of this thread, attempting to spin that our side is upset with UCoN getting peace early, please keep trying, it's really pathetic to watch.

So, you use this post to complain about a couple of posters on EQ's side universalizing your side by universalizing our side. Most of the posts I see from EQ people are congratulating the peace or defending UCoN's peace from Gloin. I would say you should read your posts before you post them otherwise you come out with this.

People always seem to forget that micros don't have the resources to sustain long and costly wars as well as macros can.

Number of nations are limited, as are money available and the ability to spread out damage like macros can.

For them to have lasted this long tbh is a pretty good feat

I hate to say it, but you are very correct.
Most micros don't have the resources required to be effective in a long term war. Too have lasted this long with the odds stacked against them is admirable, not excluding honorable. Have fun rebuilding your ruins guys.

Great job fighting UCoN, always proud to be allied to you.  Cheers to DB4D for the easy exit given to them.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

So, you use this post to complain about a couple of posters on EQ's side universalizing your side by universalizing our side. Most of the posts I see from EQ people are congratulating the peace or defending UCoN's peace from Gloin. I would say you should read your posts before you post them otherwise you come out with this.

Yea, damn EQ members coming on here congratulating an alliance on peace....heaven forbid an enemy congratulate an alliance on a well fought war, and well deserved peace.

Yea, damn EQ members coming on here congratulating an alliance on peace....heaven forbid an enemy congratulate an alliance on a well fought war, and well deserved peace.

If you still congratulate them on their fighting prowess in three to four months from now, it will be something. For now, saluting those who surrendered is polite, yet often done with ulterior motives, especially by the victors.

If you still congratulate them on their fighting prowess in three to four months from now, it will be something. For now, saluting those who surrendered is polite, yet often done with ulterior motives, especially by the victors.

What isn't said around here without some sort of ulterior motives?

Was this said with an honest desire to see that UCoN and their fighting reputation is preserved down the ages or out of a desire to try and make it seem that your enemies are insincere and not worth talking to?

For what it is worth, given EQ does not regard UCoN as a thread, recognises that they came to this war out of treaty obligations and not out of malice to the EQ side, I think it is extremely safe to say that the well wishing in this thread from the EQ side is genuine. 

The only people who truly know how they fought are those who fought them. Personally I remember how well every alliance I have ever fought has fought and remember who fought well and would not state otherwise later on. I have also never praised the fighting of an alliance that did not deserve it. 

I assume that those in MW are doing the same.

Was this said with an honest desire to see that UCoN and their fighting reputation is preserved down the ages or out of a desire to try and make it seem that your enemies are insincere and not worth talking to?

For what it is worth, given EQ does not regard UCoN as a thread, recognises that they came to this war out of treaty obligations and not out of malice to the EQ side, I think it is extremely safe to say that the well wishing in this thread from the EQ side is genuine. 

The only people who truly know how they fought are those who fought them. Personally I remember how well every alliance I have ever fought has fought and remember who fought well and would not state otherwise later on. I have also never praised the fighting of an alliance that did not deserve it. 

I assume that those in MW are doing the same.

I think it's safe to say that the biggest reason why your side would compliment them on their fighting and shower them with praise for surrendering is because you want to provoke a cascade effect, not because they were or were not a threat or a malicious opponent.

Again, I'm not saying this is necessarily the case, I'm just echo'ing the comments made by others, especially the warning given by Craig.

I think it's safe to say that the biggest reason why your side would compliment them on their fighting and shower them with praise for surrendering is because you want to provoke a cascade effect, not because they were or were not a threat or a malicious opponent.

I never knew saying well done on the peace would provoke others on your side to go "awwww they love us and offer white peace lets surrender"

Making a mountain out of molehill comes to mind, to think that would happen and be the ulterior motive or even thinking there is one, paranoid much?

Edited by the rebel

Again, I'm not saying this is necessarily the case, I'm just echo'ing the comments made by others, especially the warning given by Craig.

Any such effect would be insignificant next to the weight on certain alliances mind that they might be treated badly by some and labelled as first out. 

Far more reasonable and better explanation? EQ are not a bunch of jerks. 

Are things getting that bad in the "competence" coalition that a little bit of praise will cause everyone to start surrendering?

I for one believe that any alliance on DH's side that has put effort to fight in the EQ's meat grinder range is worthy of praise. The fact that you are unable to accept that indicates how little you care about them.

A lot of relations are made during interactions that occur in wartime, so I'd disagree with Craig there unless we assume everyone is naive and showering of praises would lead the gullible to swing. 

fighting reputation

That can be provided thru the battle statistics:

Stat by Mompson of Polaris as of Feb 25, 2013

Total NS detroyed by UCoN : 

225,982.0193 NS

Total NS lost by UCoN:
188,402.325 NS

Damage Ratio : 1.19

Stat undeleted due to new mechanics of non-deletion of battle stats as of March 10, 2013

Total NS detroyed by UCoN : 

159,248 NS

Total NS lost by UCoN:

113,062.28 NS

Damage Ratio : 1.40

If you use Missing value analysis and/or interpolate the deleted battle stats and fix the overlapping stats, Damage Ratio should be around 1.25-1.30.  If you base this final damage ratio on Mompson's stat back in Feb 25, right around Pacifica, MK, GOONS, NG's damage ratio.

Not everyone is like you. Some of us actually believe which we write.

UCoN fought well, come to the war at the request of it's ally and got out of the war when their ally agreed to it. Their duty was to honor their treaties, and they did. Their duty was not to play to the interests of your alliance.

Edited by Krashnaia

Congrats to UCoN on achieving peace.  You guys came in and fought hard.  Our side has never been under the illusion we are going to win in the lower tiers so I think it says quite a bit about you guys to jump into the fray as a 20ish man AA to defend your allies.  You could have taken the much easier route some alliances choose when they have friends on both sides and either stayed out or joined the bandwagon.  Best of luck rebuilding.

While some won't admit it and EQ will attempt to deride it, I think this is the overall sentiment as far as DH & C&G are concerned. Anyone on that side who insults UCoN over this should be given a stern talking-to considering the circumstances involved. And those on EQ that are attempting to spread division forget that nobody cares about the OWF so much these days once the page count clears 5.

EQ would hail any alliance that left this war on the other side, would they not?

Edited by revolutionary rebel

UCON shall not re-enter into the conflict or send aid of any manner to any combatant on the side of the "Competence Coalition".

At least they officially are recognizing us as such.

EQ are not a bunch of jerks. 

Yes eQ are going to be nice people and bring world peace to Bob. Weren't you all told?

Edited by hobbies0310