Cash bonfires

Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I accidentally spied a guy's cruise missiles the other day. 

The Commander-in-chief may or may not have been drinking at the time.  Officials will neither confirm nor deny that report.

Don't worry too much, I accidently spied your Defcon back to 1 today.

Decomming my planes to buy the next level up after gaining enough tech from GA's on my targets, only to have them buchtered when I got down declared was probabley my biggest waste overall

You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of US of A.
In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able
to target and destroy $0.12 in enemy money reserves. Your spies returned
home unharmed and unidentified.

I don't know, but in terms of raw value I think this one took the cake for me of money spent vs the outcome.  I didn't know you could have 12 cents as a warchest.

Edited by Crownguard

NSO literally daily tries to spy away hidden nukes and for some reason they have an affinity for stupid spy ops like 'destroy tech' or whatever.. 

I mean I can understand the accidental 'destroy CMs' one because of the refresh thing, but the rest is inexcusable. 

Subject: Spy Operation Attack

nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your infrastructure and
managed to destroy 9 infrastructure levels. Your attacker was able to
return home unharmed and unidentified.

nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your technology and
managed to destroy 5 technology levels. In the attack your counter spies
managed to kill 20 enemy spies and your attackers identity has been
publicly revealed.

nation. The attacking spies were given the following order: Destroy
Technology. In the attack your counter intelligence systems prevailed
and managed to thwart the attack. Your counter spies managed to kill 20
enemy spies.

Other side of the coin and such.

Edited by Hereno

Two or three days ago I had 10 nukes in a row thwarted.  This morning my opponent had 8 in a row thwarted.  These SDIs are worth their weight in tears.

Yea that was worth the lol. Dont worry, a Brain guy sent 11 straight packing during the last conflict, 12 nukes gone in one sitting. I think tears caused by the SDI are an exponential rather than a linear function, but Id need some solid research to back that up.

That really doesnt count as a waste of money, though. If you had lost your nerve before one landed that would have been a waste. Unfortunately, the GOONs Ive encountered are well coached. They know not to waste money on losing GAs and rebuying too much aircraft, they know what they save can be spent on nuking the lower tier when the arrive.

i have been waiting for 2 months of this war to start, and eventually end so i can rebuy my moon mine.

i just got lucky with the timing. ended up only costing $260 million, but then i spent about $40 million or so to buy from like 100 infra to 3300 infra, still cheap.

Hey I was afk for a while :D

We're still on for the 50 tech ;D also one of the fun opponents to have.

Yep, i will be awaiting the tech here in a few weeks btw. Hey what can I say I enjoy war, and to make it better ive got to fight people I like so its win win

Two or three days ago I had 10 nukes in a row thwarted.  This morning my opponent had 8 in a row thwarted.  These SDIs are worth their weight in tears.

I know, right? My SDI was being bloody useless against JohnathanB and suddenly I'm up against you and we aren't getting a damn thing through on each other.

For the longest time, I would use spy operations on "gather intelligence" twice on the same person because my page would reload unexpectedly and I thought I lost the data forever. Only to find out that I could click the spy operations link on the side to show my recent spy operations outcome and such :P