Never bring an Umbrella to a gun fight

TRON IX

[quote name='Elorian' timestamp='1358603204' post='3079880']
Technically despite the validity of the CB, NPO is among the aggressors.

It's just putting us in a tight spot that's all.

That said, have a good war, everyone.
[/quote]

This could not be more mistaken. The acts of Umbrella are clearly acts of war and Ai's allies are clearly defending them. Your tight spot is a personal problem that you can lay at the feet of Umbrella for placing you in or your own FA for not being more clear in terms of direction. Unless you are implying that Brehon should fail to honor his obligations to his treaty partner. Something that you KNEW from past conflicts he would not do.

NPO is defending Ai.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rampage3' timestamp='1358605552' post='3079908']
This could not be more mistaken. The acts of Umbrella are clearly acts of war and Ai's allies are clearly defending them. Your tight spot is a personal problem that you can lay at the feet of Umbrella for placing you in or your own FA for not being more clear in terms of direction. Unless you are implying that Brehon should fail to honor his obligations to his treaty partner. Something that you KNEW from past conflicts he would not do.

NPO is defending Ai.
[/quote]

now please tell me

has this argument ever actually worked

like, ever

[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1358604518' post='3079895']
They aren't enthusiastic about putting you guys at odds. They are tired of getting beat down, poked at, recently the threat that their mutual allies would side with doomhouse anyways. Sometimes enough is enough and you gotta stand up for something. I mean look at the Dave war, CnG was put on the back burner to protect NoR. That doesn't tick you off the slightest? When will CnG come first? We're allies Las. We see it blatantly. Come on GATO, for Dave. The International deserved their war even though LSF went at NoR on a whim, Dave was such a load of crap.
[/quote]

Laslo is no longer in GATO, he just hasn't changed his forum tags yet.

I'm not happy about this situation in the slightest. However, I am happy that I will get to be nuking someone soon, even if it's not the people I want too.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1358605529' post='3079907']
Well said, child. Let his light envelop you, warm you, shield you, strengthen you. You do not go alone, for update is dark and full of terrors.
[/quote]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Nu3GC.png[/img]

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1358602021' post='3079868']
A couple of months ago I said that NPO were a terrible ally to GATO because they would jump at a chance to to start a war with CnG allies. Brehon angrily denied it, but hey, it's two months later and I'm right and he's wrong.
[/quote]

Sure.... Because the likes of ODN and Umbrella would never do the same thing right....and of course GATO, who was close to treaty sparta (at least they let us believe so), would never have done that...

Hypocrisy at its best

[quote name='kamichi' timestamp='1358605954' post='3079913']
now please tell me

like, ever
[/quote]

It sure beats the argument of "Our treaty partner attacking our non treaty partner really puts us in a tight spot on who to back," if that's what you were going for.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1358571063' post='3079573']
:huh: Not sure exaclty what my alliance or I have to do with GOONS, but okay. You can credit us with all those horrible things if you wish.
[/quote]
[s]You might want to edit your owf profile if you don't want people to confuse you for a GOONS member. Just saying[/s]
I guess this was already covered

Edited by Ziperia

[quote name='kamichi' timestamp='1358605954' post='3079913']
now please tell me

like, ever
[/quote]

Working pretty well for me. Umbrellas actions are an act of war thus those actions are aggressive. In fact, when it comes to Planet Bob in the last few years this argument is as about as solid as you can get.

[quote name='Elorian' timestamp='1358603204' post='3079880']
It's just putting us in a tight spot that's all.

[/quote]

Actually, you know what? You guys are in a tight spot, it's not really similar to the Dave War and I don't know why I just went off on you. Must be cuz I'm all rawr'd up from the war and No U'ing everything in sight.

Good luck TLR, this is a crappy position to be in (been there)

Edited by berbers

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1358607455' post='3079928']
~all ex-heg come out to play, hip-hip hip-hip hooray!~
[/quote]

Oh no, there's still some waiting.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1358601147' post='3079862']
The issue isn't with what my allies in NPO and TIO have done. I'm fine with it. They did what they felt they needed to. I wish them the best. The criticism is for those few individuals claiming this to be the best CB they have ever seen in all the history of Bob. It really isn't. It's good enough so I'm good with the war. I've fought for CBs shakier than this but there have been better CBs with more concrete proof. So all I want is for things to be called as they are and not overblown...in either direction. AI and pals I think do realize its a good enough CB but need to realize it isn't perfect and Umb and pals need to realize that while its not perfect alot of the evidence shows something fishy was happening.
[/quote]

I agree, I feel like a silly commie for attacking over the actions of rogues and how the situation was handled but oh well. It is a legit CB howver and not some fabricated nonsense like what MK uses so I will support it.

Edit OOC/RL: I should really say "will be attacking" when I get back to a PC.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1358609084' post='3079937']
I agree, I feel like a silly commie for attacking over the actions of rogues and how the situation was handled but oh well. It is a legit CB howver and not some fabricated nonsense like what MK uses so I will support it.

Edit OOC/RL: I should really say "will be attacking" when I get back to a PC.
[/quote]

What is wrong with being a "silly commie"? :colbert:

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1358604679' post='3079898']
Others such as NSO and NoR have argued otherwise. Regardless, the point is that it is Umbrella's actions that put you in the tight spot (and C&G's decision to align itself so closely with DH), not NPO's.
[/quote]

Some of the alliances in C&G have been allied to alliances in DH for years and we're not going to throw away those ties just because they are politically inconvenient.

Furthermore, there are many more alliances on your side we extremely dislike and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Why would we run to your side?

It's going to be a fun war.

Edited by Jgoods45

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1358602965' post='3079878']
No, I'm blaming NPO for being mightily enthusiastic about putting their allies through a pretty awful time so that they can make a play for more power. And lying, that too.
[/quote]

So kind of like trying to use ties to TIO to cloud the treaty web you mean? Or does putting TIO in a difficult position not really count?

[quote]<Laslo> We need some complicating treaties
<Laslo> Our recent TIO treaty is useful in that regard[/quote]

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1358604841' post='3079902']
Oh I agree it puts you in 'If I do, I'm screwed, If I dont, I'm screwed' but they to tell who is actually responsible for putting one in said situation. That was my point, you cant pin this on NPO.
[/quote]

We put ourselves in this situation and we will do what is necessary to get ourselves out of it for the future. Blaming another alliance is pointless.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1358607455' post='3079928']
~all ex-heg come out to play, hip-hip hip-hip hooray!~
[/quote]
Including Umbrella :ehm: or have you forgotten?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1358610740' post='3079958']
Int would :)
[/quote]
No. How much time have you actually spent getting to know them? Believe it or not, there are very few alliances that'll shoot straight if you ask them something tough. Been here long tme and as a diplomat on and off, have seen alot of diplobs, INT wont waste your time with that. You'll appreciate them when you dig past the hubris we all build here.

Edited by shahenshah