Facing a Shell Shocked World

MrMuz

It's become like a show on its 6th season.

Everything has become a little predictable. The same things are shown over and over again. Someone grows powerful. Other alliances attach themselves to them. The strong ones abuse their powers (out of boredom even). The betrayed one vows revenge. After a few years, the betrayed builds together a coalition to topple the strong. Bored people at the bottom join this coalition. They topple the strong, they realize that there's nothing to do when they're at the top, they become dicks just so someone would challenge them.

So, it seems like the same old thing. Typical save the world plot with different actors. There are no plot twists anymore. There's just vengeance. No growth (outside of neutral alliances).

Everyone has become so jaded with the game. Nobody really bothers anymore... people have stopped bothering with CBs, stopped bothering with roleplays, even the propaganda is downhill these days. A lot of smaller alliances have only 1-3 truly active people.

I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it anymore. I'd like to look back and think.. "Hey, that was a great game," instead of just forgetting it. I don't want to think that I could have spent this time on something more fun/useful.

And the reason I brought this up in a public thread is because I'm not the only one thinking this. It will be post war soon. A lot of people will look at their ZIed nations and ask if they're worth rebuilding to be torn down again later. People will lose friends and allies. Some alliances will be screwed to the point where they're not worth keeping, and some people will not be inclined to play without those people around.

But before we get to that point and face another dip in activity, let's set up a safety net. How do you guys deal with post war depression? What keeps you going?

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1340822357' post='2998520']
Hopefully you're right. Maybe we'll even do better.
[/quote]
why play a game you want to destroy, out of curiosity? I feel like it's the same as breaking a toy you got bored of because someone else wants to play with it.

Post-Karma to Bipolar was the most exciting time for me here. It was truly a multi-polar world: CnG, SF, Frostbite, Citadel, ex-Heg. People whined about tech raiding and moralism, and you never knew who was going to fight who.

I'm going to guess it's going to be similar post-MK; multipolar.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1340821342' post='2998502']
I think post war we'll drop below 10k.
[/quote]I think we will too, a shame it is coming to this.

You can still have fun in this game, you just have to try a little harder and maybe reach out to find new friends. As for powerful alliances becoming to powerful and looking for a fight, that is the only way we know how to operate because that is how Bob has been set up for a long time. Empires rise and fall, and sometimes rise again. It is like that in both worlds so I doubt it will change here. If a trend could be started to avoid this than go ahead but the theme of powerful ruling party(coalition) and main opposition party trying to take them down is easy to do and doesn't require much work(relatively) to accomplish.

The fact that people are working to play this game and keep themselves motivated instead of having fun playing this game and wanting to do it is exactly why the playerbase is dwindling down to nothing. The game just isn't fun and there's only so much !@#$%^&* you can make up around the framework that we've been given. It is what it is.

I think we will see a lot more wars like the legion/NSO one and a fragmented treaty web. We're in transition to that point now. Once the current power cluster goes the way of NPOs ex allies that is. Hopefully that will result in more interesting isolated politics.. Like different "countries" with "micro alliance" drama

We ponies don't really care. CN could die tomorrow and we'd still exist. Maybe find a new game, maybe just go on as a community of friends, I don't know. It's just about having a good time together. If it's not worth your time when there isn't a war going on, I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps find a better alliance.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1340822540' post='2998524']why play a game you want to destroy, out of curiosity? I feel like it's the same as breaking a toy you got bored of because someone else wants to play with it.[/quote]
This is an important question that hasn't been answered. Why try to break the game? If you don't like it, why don't you just change game?

Possible explanations:
• to grief the other players
• to annoy Admin
• to get "revenge for Mod bias"
• ... (what else?)

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1340837931' post='2998802']
This is an important question that hasn't been answered. Why try to break the game? If you don't like it, why don't you just change game?

Possible explanations:
• to annoy Admin
• [b]to get "revenge for Mod bias"[/b]
• ... (what else?)
[/quote]

Do people still remember those things? :P

Also- I play this game for fun, and it is fun to me. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. Perhaps if you're seeking a reason to keep playing you should ask the neutrals. They seem to get along fine with nation building and politiking without war.

[quote name='Tiber Septim' timestamp='1340838609' post='2998809']Do people still remember those things? :P [/quote]
I know of a lot of people that permanently complain for "Mod bias", and for recent issues. You would be surprised at how people can be obtuse when it comes to that.

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1340837931' post='2998802']

Possible explanations:
• to annoy Admin
• to get "revenge for Mod bias"
• ... (what else?)
[/quote]
They actually don't want to and them saying it just goes with their in game character? :o

Look at RL. Wars are everywhere and countries are rebuilding and not disbanding. Why should CN be any different? Don't give up on something that still has a possibility to overcome the challenge. One way to overcome post war depression from losses would be to reach out to people you don't know and build friendships. I'm a small nation so rebuilding isn't as bad for me as many of you guys with wayyy larger nations than I have but why not stick around for the community, friends you have, and all the fun you can have in an alliance.