Revelations of the Book of Fungicide

Ogaden

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1339836343' post='2985718']
This is misleading, due to the simple fact that Nobody Expects isn't exactly an unbiased opinion; he has been visibly hostile to our side for months. While he isn't in SF/XX directly (see: fighting), he is indirectly supporting them by posting his derision of MK & ourselves. Had this come from a close ally of ours, it would certainly be a problem. But the opinion of a member of DR doesn't exactly constitute the majority opinion of Duckroll or a cause for concern on our part. It's just hot air from an apparent hot-head.

Lastly and more importantly, for all the apparent talk Nobody Expects and even some of our members have done. The chances that we manage to fight BAPS this war are unfortunately, slim, unless we suddenly betray our friends in IRON -- or BAPS does. In which case, that would put BAPS in our league when it comes to when immoral acts are concerned. Which would make Nobody Expects opinions even more devalued... Therefore, I can only hope they stoop to our deplorable levels, so we can take their dignity as well as tech. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ehm.gif[/img]
[/quote]

You should look into the reasons why he's speaking out in an uncharacteristic fashion. He hasn't been this vocal about it until now, so something changed to earn a more pronounced ire.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1339836343' post='2985718']
This is misleading, due to the simple fact that Nobody Expects isn't exactly an unbiased opinion; he has been visibly hostile to our side for months. While he isn't in SF/XX directly (see: fighting), he is indirectly supporting them by posting his derision of MK & ourselves. Had this come from a close ally of ours, it would certainly be a problem. But the opinion of a member of DR doesn't exactly constitute the majority opinion of Duckroll or a cause for concern on our part. It's just hot air from an apparent hot-head.

Lastly and more importantly, for all the apparent talk Nobody Expects and even some of our members have done. The chances that we manage to fight BAPS this war are unfortunately, slim, unless we suddenly betray our friends in IRON -- or BAPS does. In which case, that would put BAPS in our league when it comes to when immoral acts are concerned. Which would make Nobody Expects opinions even more devalued... Therefore, I can only hope they stoop to our deplorable levels, so we can take their dignity as well as tech. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ehm.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I have never been a hothead, nor have I ever blown hot air. I would argue that your actions haven't been in IRON's best interest for a long while now, nor DR's by assocaition but ofc the easiest thing to do is dismiss my opinion rather than try to address it. To say I have been visibly hostile to your side for months, is quite funny given I haven't posted on the OWF for a long time until the last couple of days.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1339810216' post='2985404']
wait wait wait, so SF alliances having members go into peace mode = weakness, but TOP's lower tier going into peace mode = tactics, whathe$%&@amireading.jpeg
[/quote]

I know this a few pages back, but - the lower tier is irrelevant. Tech Sellers don't win wars. Have them go into peace mode and next war they might be a respectable nation who can make a difference. They're just thinking about the future. Whereas alliances hiding top tiers in peace more are simply trying to avoid the inevitable. Those top nations [i]have[/i] to fight sometime, and that sometime will be soon. Why delay? TOP & FEAR certainly didn't in the last losing war we were in. We went in guns blazing, got it over with, paid our reps, and moved on to success in the next war.

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1339840555' post='2985730']
I know this a few pages back, but - the lower tier is irrelevant. Tech Sellers don't win wars. Have them go into peace mode and next war they might be a respectable nation who can make a difference. They're just thinking about the future. Whereas alliances hiding top tiers in peace more are simply trying to avoid the inevitable. Those top nations [i]have[/i] to fight sometime, and that sometime will be soon. Why delay? TOP & FEAR certainly didn't in the last losing war we were in. We went in guns blazing, got it over with, paid our reps, and moved on to success in the next war.
[/quote]

The nations below 70k comprise a pretty big grouping and if they can be significantly damaged, it makes plenty of sense to go wit this kind of strategy and save the upper tiers for another war. It would take the MK side being willing to drag it out and force an exit from PM and even then the will might not be there to have this go on for 4-5 months especially given MK's sensitivity to taking damage. There is nothing they hate more than taking damage and the head damage whiner, Leet Guy, is in charge right now.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Nobody Expects' timestamp='1339839559' post='2985727']
I have never been a hothead, nor have I ever blown hot air. I would argue that your actions haven't been in IRON's best interest for a long while now, nor DR's by assocaition but ofc the easiest thing to do is dismiss my opinion rather than try to address it. To say I have been visibly hostile to your side for months, is quite funny given I haven't posted on the OWF for a long time until the last couple of days.
[/quote]

While I did exaggerate your personal hand in OWF postings. It is no secret that BAPS hasn't viewed MK in a good light for months now or been the quietest in voicing that opinion. I'm almost positive the fact that we're so close to them drives you all crazy... I'd argue that is the main issue, no? If you want to talk about your displeasure with our actions or affiliations then it would be easier accomplished by ending the OWF theatrics and engaging us on IRC or our forums or just about any other place then here... But I don't think it was ever your interest to engage us in any particular way, beyond slinging some mud and moving on.

That said, we're more then reasonable people; talk to us if you want.

Edited by Owned-You

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1339843793' post='2985735']
While I did exaggerate your personal hand in OWF postings. It is no secret that BAPS hasn't viewed MK in a good light for months now or been the quietest in voicing that opinion. I'm almost positive the fact that we're so close to them drives you all crazy... I'd argue that is the main issue, no? If you want to talk about your displeasure with our actions or affiliations then it would be easier accomplished by ending the OWF theatrics and engaging us on IRC or our forums or just about any other place then here... But I don't think it was ever your interest to engage us in any particular way, beyond slinging some mud and moving on.

That said, we're more then reasonable people; talk to us if you want.
[/quote]

Actually, it doesn't go back months. It goes back years, long before the MK/TOP treaty. The Toad King hissownself has even said he's always wanted to see BAPS burn. BAPS and MK were once closer than they are now and MK has hated BAPS since the day they stopped being close, which should serve as a lesson for anyone willing to learn it. If you don't burn with MK, they will hate you forever. It's not like the old tC days when people sling some mud toward your reputation for a while then get over over it, with MK the buttfurious is permanent.

BAPS may have the opportunity to do something huge here. If DR backed a hit on MK or an expansion of the NoR/LSF war, the coalition of blocs required to keep your treaty partners in charge fights itself and the world comes crashing down on your heads. Either that or you sidestep it and MK hates you forever. Since neither is desirable, I'd suggest TOP take the initiative and go talk to them before they decide to take a BAP to dat ass.

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1339856561' post='2985779']
Actually, it doesn't go back months. It goes back years, long before the MK/TOP treaty. The Toad King hissownself has even said he's always wanted to see BAPS burn. BAPS and MK were once closer than they are now and MK has hated BAPS since the day they stopped being close, which should serve as a lesson for anyone willing to learn it. If you don't burn with MK, they will hate you forever. It's not like the old tC days when people sling some mud toward your reputation for a while then get over over it, with MK the buttfurious is permanent.

BAPS may have the opportunity to do something huge here. If DR backed a hit on MK or an expansion of the NoR/LSF war, the coalition of blocs required to keep your treaty partners in charge fights itself and the world comes crashing down on your heads. Either that or you sidestep it and MK hates you forever. Since neither is desirable, I'd suggest TOP take the initiative and go talk to them before they decide to take a BAP to dat ass.
[/quote]

Oh no! I guess we better go talk to our oldest ally before they decide to rolls us! Thank you for reminding us to contact IRON about this war, how could we forget?! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Nobody Expects' timestamp='1339839559' post='2985727']
[/quote]

I think someone else already said something akin to this but: If you have an issue you are more than welcome to come over to our forums, or over on IRC (I'm always online during ze war times, as is a lot of gov) and we can talk and discuss things as sensible individuals. Or if you'd feel more comfortable with us coming to you I'm sure we could accommodate that as well.

A DR alliance shouldn't have the "official stance" of wanting to hit TOP. We're too close to IRON for that to go unacknowledged.

@Roq- Your recent posts have been impressing me :P lol.

But before the YOU KNOW WHOS close this thread, let's get it back on topic.

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1339856561' post='2985779']
BAPS and MK were once closer than they are now and MK has hated BAPS since the day they stopped being close, which should serve as a lesson for anyone willing to learn it. If you don't burn with MK, they will hate you forever.[/quote]
Actually we made a reconciliation attempt a little over a year ago, but it was a damn uphill process for everybody involved and got buried among other interests. I don't think either of us had the will to see it through.

I'm not sure whether the fact that this thread turned into a TOP conversation is a testament to how bad the OP is or not, but I'd like to believe it is.

Also, I'll admit it. You guys are right. TOP has never done anything except follow other alliances into wars and have never made their own decisions... except for those times where, you know, we did. But I digress. Clearly RIA are military geniuses and we've been doing it wrong the whole time.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1339842714' post='2985732']
The nations below 70k comprise a pretty big grouping and if they can be significantly damaged, it makes plenty of sense to go wit this kind of strategy and save the upper tiers for another war. It would take the MK side being willing to drag it out and force an exit from PM and even then the will might not be there to have this go on for 4-5 months especially given MK's sensitivity to taking damage. There is nothing they hate more than taking damage and the head damage whiner, Leet Guy, is in charge right now.
[/quote]
Them hiding in PM is stupid. What are they trying to achieve? Literally nothing. All they do is save some NS, so that they can be destroyed again.

An alliance, allied to a second alliance, that is allied to third alliance, that is allied to MK, doesn't like MK.

[font="Arial Black"][b]The. Horror.[/b][/font]

You all in TOP who are whining about BAPS ITT should be embarrassed.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1339805956' post='2985339']
I don't know both Saber and Crymson have admitted it was a bad move(GPA).
[/quote]

That is untrue. The three of us (Saber, Feanor and I) decided in favor of joining that war because it had been ten months since TOP had fought and the membership had worked up some bloodlust as a result. It was the right move for TOP, and none of us regret it.

Edited by Crymson

TOP's pre-empt of C&G may have been ill-advised, but noone can deny it was awesome

[b]Fungicide 2:1[/b]
Oh you who believe, the platypus is not the fungus, do not become confused as to whom is what. A platypus has a beak and a flat tail, while the fungus has spores and a smug look.

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1339872937' post='2985870']
That is untrue. The three of us (Saber, Feanor and I) decided in favor of joining that war because it had been ten months since TOP had fought and the membership had worked up some bloodlust as a result. It was the right move for TOP, and none of us regret it.
[/quote]

I don't really feel like finding your old posts, but you did say it was a bad thing and the bloodlust thing was used in a "we were overtaken by bloodlust" way.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1339873281' post='2985876']
I don't really feel like finding your old posts, but you did say it was a bad thing and the bloodlust thing was used in a "we were overtaken by bloodlust" way.
[/quote]

I would be very surprised to find out that I said such a thing. Whatever the case, I'm telling you here and now that I have never regretted that decision.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1339785386' post='2985061']
We have references!

See: CCC
[/quote]
References? The Ambassadors of God do the work of the Holy One whilst your nations waste in sins of debauchery, theft, gluttony, and murder. The streets of the Mushroom Kingdom shall lay in waste, thine homes will be cursed, and your hats shall shrivel, and your princess taken. Cave sancti exercitus ursi

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1339842714' post='2985732']
[/quote]

Does it really make a difference when you consider that our big nations won't be hurt either? It's not like the big nations they're hiding from are nuking each other in the meantime.

I can see some merit in it, but hasn't it been tried before? Wasn't it tried it the last war? Has it ever really worked?

I think I've fulfilled all 4 categories in OP:

1. Women lol
2. I don't have any treaties to MK, I'm in fact in MK
3. I do not believe in Sardonic, so I don't believe in false prophets. And I've already fought MK on battle field, have you Dale?
4. I don't fear nor hate our allies.

What did I win?

Edited by alyster

[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1339885316' post='2986002']
I think I've fulfilled all 4 categories in OP:

1. Women lol
2. I don't have any treaties to MK, I'm in fact in MK
3. I do not believe in Sardonic, so I don't believe in false prophets. And I've already fought MK on battle field, have you Dale?
4. I don't fear nor hate our allies.

What did I win?
[/quote]

You did not pass 1:5 man.