Announcement from Pandora's Box

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1334298667' post='2951990']
NpO protected GOONS and has historically worked with many 'immoral' alliances, yet you don't see them as guilty by association apparently. Double standards much?
[/quote]
One could make the case that NpO is the indirect cause of this war.
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54702

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1334298667' post='2951990']
NpO protected GOONS and has historically worked with many 'immoral' alliances, yet you don't see them as guilty by association apparently. Double standards much?
[/quote]

Do you even know what double standards mean? Please point were I or any alliance that I was supported this kind of behavior. Regarding protecting GOONS I already said many times that protect GOONS was a huge mistake, but a mistake done in good faith, we really thought that they were changed and wanted to give them a second change, how immoral Polaris is for giving a historical enemy a second chance, shame on you NpO!

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1334298731' post='2951991']
Knew what? That some people raid? Yes, years ago, we were fully aware of the simple and benign fact that some people raid. I don't understand your point.

The criticism that we are allied to a number of parties who do not bar tech raiding is pretty random considering its 2012. It also has nothing to do with this war (on a fundamental level, since this war wasn't a stance on tech raiding and both original opponents are avid tech raiders) or this thread.
[/quote]

I already explained my point in this very thread., please read it [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=110304&view=findpost&p=2951975"]here[/url](2nd paragraph)

Edited by D34th

instead of complaining about whats going on do something about it. If you people feel that Kaskus and Mongols are in the right or just feel sorry for them take some heat off them and declare one of PBs alliances or target the kaskus mongols range to help them out.

As a member of VE this war to me means not much but considering that I would like to see goons with larger warchest for the next war that means something for PB as a whole I can understand our bloc leaders for this decision. Maybe we are just tring to keep nations in selling range lol hell if I know.

WTF should attack PB that would be awesome

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1334299363' post='2951994']
Do you even know what double standards mean? Please point were I or any alliance that I was supported this kind of behavior. Regarding protecting GOONS I already said many times that protect GOONS was a huge mistake, but a mistake done in good faith, we really thought that they were changed and wanted to give them a second change, how immoral Polaris is for giving a historical enemy a second chance, shame on you NpO!
[/quote]

[quote]dou·ble stand·ard

noun 
double standards, plural

A rule or principle that is unfairly applied in different ways to different people or groups
- the smaller pay received by black soldiers demonstrated a double standard[/quote]

Yes, I know what it means. You are trying to say VE is guilty by association for what is really a relatively minor issue. NpO has associated with many guilty parties in the past yet you did & do not find them guilty by association. The difference between whom they've associated with is really not very different if you look at their histories. So, your argument fails & you're a hypocrite.

Wow... GOONS, are you really that bad at war? Even with millions of aid flowing to you from Umbrella, you still can't take on 40 small nations? Do your members really fear losing infra that much that they're not willing to take on a few "fully wondered nations" (let's face it, there's only a bunch of them)?

Pathetic

GOD did much better against Ordo Pardoxia, and they didn't have to call in SF (even if it was probably warranted, given the people involved). This is embarrassing.

Edited by R3nowned

This is those most epic fail I have ever seen on Planet Bob.

Seriously, how many of you does it take to fight these guys?

I'll be laughing at this for years.

Give 'em hell Mongols and Kaskus. Never back down to a bully. Punch 'em in the nose.

Kaskus is an off shoot from NEW. An off shoot of nations who did not wish to simply sit around and collect taxes for a few months, wait for someone to start a war over dumb ass !@#$, wait to be called in by allies, etc. They wanted the freedom of being their own bosses and having war whenever they wanted on their own terms, and that's what they got. Point being that Kaskus is an alliance who lives for war and war alone, so the belief that this over use of fire power will some how prove a point kind of misses what the point is altogether: War. Unadulterated, apolitical, all out war for the hell of it.

I'm guessing GOONS doesn't want to play anymore and decided to end this little shindig, which is fine too... but all of PB? I'm not here to pass judgement, but there is what we call 'overkill'... and then there's this.

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1334301044' post='2952008']
Yes, I know what it means. You are trying to say VE is guilty by association for what is really a relatively minor issue. NpO has associated with many guilty parties in the past yet you did & do not find them guilty by association. The difference between whom they've associated with is really not very different if you look at their histories. So, your argument fails & you're a hypocrite.
[/quote]

You know how to look on google for a definition, you are sooo smart!

You seems to be very fixed in me and NpO lately, however this is not the place to discuss such subjects, so please if you really want to talk about that, create your own thread and get better examples(not empty accusations) of me being hypocrite and having double standards(good luck with that!).

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1334301363' post='2952012']
... but all of PB? I'm not here to pass judgement, but there is what we call 'overkill'... and then there's this.
[/quote]

Just as a bit of clarification, I don't think I was as clear as I could have been in the OP when I referenced 'efficiency'. What I meant by that statement was that Umbrella was already formally declared, GOONS was an original party, and both FOK and NG had a few singular targets that they had taken on without issuing a formal DoW. VE was planning on coming in and filling out any left over slots, and given that one of Kaskus's concerns during their little negotiation mishap was that FOK had declared but had posted no formal record of it, we felt it easier to just wrap all prior unissued DoW's into one and clean up any future concerns over documentation.

Also, all that stuff I said before but don't feel like going back through the thread to find.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1334291771' post='2951851']
The whole point of this is now it doesn't matter if the war ends in a timely fashion. At all.

Kaskus continued the war because they thought they were having an effect, and maybe in some respects they were. This approach is meant to reinforce the notion that they cannot, as a matter of numbers and fact, possibly have any further effect. They cannot meet any more goals, or achieve any more 'victories'. Because this world we live in revolves entirely around numbers, being a 'warrior' or 'fighting hard' no longer matters whatsoever, and any reliance on spirit and resolve are hereafter moot. They can take a reasonable peace settlement amount, or, after we dampen any further means to actually cause damage, be used as academy training until they come to their senses. Those are their only options.
[/quote]

Since I'm not going to read the other 5 pages since I got to this.

You coming in, just gave them the political/moral victory. They've earned new found fans and respect within the community, due to the fact that they've held on long enough to force you guys to come in. This is their victory.

Another thing you have just proven, is you're willing to sink to Pre-2008 NPO's level. This is what you were against for so long, it's nice to see you've become your own worst enemy at this point Impero. As they say people have two sides, you've just shown yours.

I used to respect you mate, but that respect has slowly gone away as of the past year.

Also to add on.

While I do respect Sardonic for the past actions, and thank him for working with me on IRC and in game for fixing issues that have happened within the past two years. I'm afraid this is one move I cannot respect.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by johnathan buck

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1334301599' post='2952013']
You know how to look on google for a definition, you are sooo smart!

You seems to be very fixed in me and NpO lately, however this is not the place to discuss such subjects, so please if you really want to talk about that, create your own thread and get better examples(not empty accusations) of me being hypocrite and having double standards(good luck with that!).
[/quote]

Do you not get that, even if my opinion and view is flawed that I still already knew what double standard meant? I still used it in the right context. Way to try to discredit me through imagined bad grammar though.. :blink:

If I really honest to god believe that NpO is no better than VE, and I do believe that. Then, from my perspective, logically, [b]your[/b] view would be hypocritically in my eyes.

Prove that NpO is no better than VE? Okay. Treaty Web. NpO has been all up in it. Wars. NpO all up in it. Autocracy that sometimes bends to egotistical whims. Check. Anyone who needs more proof, you're not worth it.

(Also this is all relevant because I aim to discredit D34th case that VE is guilty for supporting GOONS)

It's been lovely, D34th. Until next time. :smug:

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1334293042' post='2951888']
So, Umbrella and GOONS couldn't cover which tier, exactly? If it is the lower middle tier, as suspected, Mongols and Kaskus got a total of 10 nations that could qualify.

I'm not against overwhelming firepower to prove a point. Let's just call a spade a spade.
[/quote]

They couldn't cover the 10-33k tier where they outnumbered Kaskus 49 to 11.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1334294803' post='2951937']
Maybe so, I just find it hilarious that PB has to help GOONS back up their hilariously pathetic policies. Mongols was charged 18 million, for the same act Legacy was charged 3million, and DT was charged nothing. :awesome:
[/quote]

Quoted for emphasis.

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1334303922' post='2952025']snip
[/quote]

Actually, Canik, proving another person is a hypocrite doesn't invalidate their argument. That's referred to as Tu quoque, or appeal to hypocrisy, which is a logical fallacy.

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque"]Tu quoque[/url]

Just sayin'.

*Edit: No, I don't care about the actual argument, nor is it pertinent to the topic at hand.

Edited by Kzoppistan

NPO didn't even call in this many allies to keep FAN down for years. GOONS needs multiple waves of allies to come in and handle one minuscule micro. Stats aside, how do you expect anyone to fear you when you can't even manage micros you raid in the first place? GOONS have proven themselves to be a joke of an alliance in every aspect of potential respectability, and everyone can see that. You can't spin this conflict any other way at this point; you've won an extremely Phyrric victory.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1334306846' post='2952033']
NPO didn't even call in this many allies to keep FAN down for years. GOONS needs multiple waves of allies to come in and handle one minuscule micro. Stats aside, how do you expect anyone to fear you when you can't even manage micros you raid in the first place? GOONS have proven themselves to be a joke of an alliance in every aspect of potential respectability, and everyone can see that. You can't spin this conflict any other way at this point; you've won an extremely Phyrric victory.
[/quote]

Phyrric indeed.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1334241657' post='2951469']
[b]48 [color=red](â–¼1)[/color][/b] [url='http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=Goon Order of Oppression Negligence and Sadism'][img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070131235050/cybernations/images/d/dd/AllianceStats.gif[/img][/url] {186} [color=black](+0)[/color] [color=black][i]Goon Order of Oppression Negligence and Sadism[/i][/color] : 11.15 --> 10.97 [color=red](-0.18)[/color]
[/quote]