Announcement from Pandora's Box

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1334291313' post='2951842']
Do you want to end this war? If so just lower the rep amount. That simple. On Planet Bob, 1 to 20 odds isn't a whole lot of difference than 1 to one million. This is just making you look pathetic and stupid.
[/quote]
Funny you should mention that omni, we did. We even lowered it to their original asking price of 150m. But they refused, so, hey, what can you do?

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1334291656' post='2951848']
Now now, can't I ask a simple question without that attitude? :rolleyes:

Then what was the point in bringing Umbrella in at all? You might as well bring MK in to fight, isn't that supposed to be their range?
[/quote]
They had a higher tier which umbrella made short work of, knocking it into the lower rangers.

Edited by Sardonic

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want to end this war? If so just lower the rep amount. That simple.
[/quote]

The whole point of this is now it doesn't matter if the war ends in a timely fashion. At all.

Kaskus continued the war because they thought they were having an effect, and maybe in some respects they were. This approach is meant to reinforce the notion that they cannot, as a matter of numbers and fact, possibly have any further effect. They cannot meet any more goals, or achieve any more 'victories'. Because this world we live in revolves entirely around numbers, being a 'warrior' or 'fighting hard' no longer matters whatsoever, and any reliance on spirit and resolve are hereafter moot. They can take a reasonable peace settlement amount, or, after we dampen any further means to actually cause damage, be used as academy training until they come to their senses. Those are their only options.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1334291221' post='2951840']
So incredibly well that even with FOK and Umbrella
[/quote]

And all three of their present wars.

Do you want to end this war? If so just lower the rep amount. That simple.
[/quote]

No, Omni, it's not that simple (and I realize your anti-GOONS nerdrage blinders won't allow you to realize that). They ended up rejecting their very own counteroffer and are now vowing not to surrender. Cannon-fodder they've resigned themselves to, we'll certainly oblige.

Then what was the point in bringing Umbrella in at all? You might as well bring MK in to fight, isn't that supposed to be their range?
[/quote]

A simple question which lacks intelligence? No you cannot ask an un-intelligent question.

Umbrella knocked their members down some and was then, out of their range. In their declaration most of it included [i]only[/i] aid if I am correct. Which has been seen through the foreign aid offer screen.

GOONS is truely a horrible alliance. I can't think of anyone else who'd ask a friend to help them out when dealing with something stubborn and annoying.

Also does anyone have the stats how much NEW has lost in this war?

[quote]FOK launched all of one war prior to this, and umbrella could not help with the nations after they knocked them into our prime ranges. [/quote]

> Guys, guys, it's really [i]FOK's[/i] fault we had to bring in another couple of [b]hundred[/b] people, because they totally couldn't/wouldn't bail us out of a war we should've been winning anyway.

[quote]I feel no shame in these actions.[/quote]

Whether you do or not is independent of whether you should.

[/quote]

You were just being intentionally obtuse and ignoring the clear fact Umbrella was well out of range. Their main goal upon entering was to see a quick peace and no more NEW nations (which are closer to Umb's range) ghosting and entering. They at least secured the latter objective.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1334289258' post='2951814']
Considering this whole thing started over people fighting back from being raided, I find this whole venture questionable on an ethical level as well as a practical one. Considering also that those fighting back are also raiders, I just find the whole thing funny.

Putting aside the things I like about a few of the involved parties, I hope you all enjoy stabbing each other in the faces. I sure will.
[/quote]

I see where you're coming from, but what's even stranger is seeing a Viridian as the OP here and [b]Viridian nations leading the charge to enforce GOON's internal policy on tech raiding[/b].

http://www.viridianentente.com/showthread.php?5718-A-Decree-on-Tech-Raiding
[img]http://i.imgur.com/wgjwk.jpg[/img]

Perhaps this explains some of their DoW reasons:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/ZPURQ.jpg[/img]

How the mighty fall.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334291723' post='2951850']
Funny you should mention that omni, we did. We even lowered it to their original asking price of 150m. But they refused, so, hey, what can you do?
[/quote]

Last amount I saw on the table was 36mil. Why would you not accept something like that?

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1334291771' post='2951851']
The whole point of this is now it doesn't matter if the war ends in a timely fashion. At all.

Kaskus continued the war because they thought they were having an effect, and maybe in some respects they were. This approach is meant to reinforce the notion that they cannot, as a matter of numbers and fact, possibly have any further effect. They cannot meet any more goals, or achieve any more 'victories'. Because this world we live in revolves entirely around numbers, being a 'warrior' or 'fighting hard' no longer matters whatsoever, and any reliance on spirit and resolve are hereafter moot. They can take a reasonable peace settlement amount, or, after we dampen any further means to actually cause damage, be used as academy training until they come to their senses. Those are their only options.
[/quote]

This approach is just a product of their effect. They have made GOONS look like complete idiots, and you guys keep fueling it. It has become fairly obvious they're not going to surrender to greater numbers. So why do GOONS keep insisting on trying to push that line?

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1334292013' post='2951856']
You were just being intentionally obtuse and ignoring the clear fact Umbrella was well out of range. Their main goal upon entering was to see a quick peace and no more NEW nations (which are closer to Umb's range) ghosting and entering. They at least secured the latter objective.
[/quote]

I guess FOK was out of range too?

[quote name='Phineas' timestamp='1334292046' post='2951857']
-stupid ancient !@#$%^&*-
[/quote]

Uh, you do realize that man also was Prince of the [i]Mushroom Kingdom[/i] for awhile, right? It's not hard to imagine people change over time, so it's even simpler to realize alliances adapt over time.

I see where you're coming from, but what's even stranger is seeing a Viridian as the OP here and [b]Viridian nations leading the charge to enforce GOON's internal policy on tech raiding[/b].

How the mighty fall.
[/quote]
That post really wasn't worth the effort it took to put together.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1334291953' post='2951855']
> Guys, guys, it's really [i]FOK's[/i] fault we had to bring in another couple of [b]hundred[/b] people, because they totally couldn't/wouldn't bail us out of a war we should've been winning anyway.
[/quote]
Sigh, you're smarter than this. I was not posting it as a slam on FOK. I said it to illustrate that it's oh so easy to say "GOONS received help from FOK and umbrella", when in reality there were only 3 wars from the both of them. for a nontrivial amount of time.
[quote]
Whether you do or not is independent of whether you should.
[/quote]
Go ahead, tell me I should be ashamed. Reason and fact support our actions.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1334292182' post='2951859']
Loving that out of the entire bloc, VE's doing all your work for you. True unity.
[/quote]

Its more of a, whose on first, gets the nation kind of thing.

Heres the analogy:

Going to a rodeo, all the kids get to do the calf scramble.
theres 100s of kids, but only 3 can get the 3 calfs out there.

Rundown of the analogy:

We're 100s of kids trying to get the few calfs out there to get that prize baby...prize being MOAR casualties.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1334292182' post='2951859']
Loving that out of the entire bloc, VE's doing all your work for you. True unity.
[/quote]
When you have good friends who understand each other that sort of thing doesn't really matter.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1334292291' post='2951863']
Uh, you do realize that man also was Prince of the [i]Mushroom Kingdom[/i] for awhile, right? It's not hard to imagine people change over time, so it's even simpler to realize alliances adapt over time.
[/quote]

Is there a more recent decree that addresses VE policy on tech raiding? On their forums I read now that tech raiding is still forbidden, except for military training.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334291723' post='2951850']
They had a higher tier which umbrella made short work of, knocking it into the lower rangers.
[/quote]
Fair enough, however was it necessary to bring in the whole bloc, rather than just bring in one more alliance that can handle the middle tier? Such as having either MK join in like I said, due to their middle tier, or have FOK actually commit more than two wars? Bringing the whole bloc for the two micros looks kinda embarrassing to me.

[quote name='Leerjet' timestamp='1334291838' post='2951853']
A simple question which lacks intelligence? No you cannot ask an un-intelligent question.

Umbrella knocked their members down some and was then, out of their range. In their declaration most of it included [i]only[/i] aid if I am correct. Which has been seen through the foreign aid offer screen.
[/quote]
I'd be keeping away from the diplomatic department if I were you Leerjet, you're not the best at answering questions without seeming like an ass. I asked a question because I wanted an answer, as I did not know the answer, hence the question. Sardonic seems capable of answering without being an ass, you should take note.

Edited by Skippy

How the mighty fall.
[/quote]

That happens all the time, though. Do you think a lot of the NS that got on the Grub train to C&G station really cared about the FoA thing?

I mean, plenty of anti-tech raiding alliances have gone to bat for tech raiders.

Vice versa as well, a good chunk of alliances in NpO-\m/

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Phineas' timestamp='1334292437' post='2951871']
Is there a more recent decree that addresses VE policy on tech raiding? On their forums I read now that tech raiding is still forbidden, except for military training.
[/quote]
It is. Which VE member is tech raiding?

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1334292564' post='2951875']
Fair enough, however was it necessary to bring in the whole bloc, rather than just bring in one more alliance that can handle the middle tier? Such as having either MK join in like I said, due to their middle tier, or have FOK actually commit more than two wars? Bringing the whole bloc for the two micros looks kinda embarrassing to me.
[/quote]
Meh, it was a fun exercise in bloc unity, and impero wrote a very nice DoW. Would have been a shame not to use it.