Announcement from Pandora's Box

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1334293414' post='2951903']
They are already diplomatically isolated; they have nothing else to lose than what is already on the line.
[/quote]

That's for them to decide. If they want to go down in flames, who are we to deny them that?

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1334293565' post='2951907']
That's for them to decide. If they want to go down in flames, who are we to deny them that?
[/quote]

They already are going out in a blaze of glory. The only thing you're doing is looking like idiots while they do it.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1334293414' post='2951903']
I'm just a bit surprised that all of their nations have not yet been reduced to rubble, given the combined firepower of Umbrella and GOONS.
[/quote]
To be honest, Umbrella quickly brought down the one nation that was in our range. Since then no other nations have been in range for us to hit.

Regardless of how you feel about the DoW itself, Impero is right. The only two options for Kaskus/Mongols right now are either to be pounded into nothing, over nothing, or to accept peace and walk away knowing they gained a ton of respect from just about everybody. That's the only thing that really matters. This war shouldn't have happened in the first place, so it's about time it was over anyway.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1334293260' post='2951899']
Then what would you describe what Xiph has been saying about the "overwhelming" PB force in this topic?
[/quote]

I believe I'm mocking Sardonic and GOONS for failing so utterly, something that can't really be denied at this point.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1334293733' post='2951910']
The only two options for Kaskus/Mongols right now are either to be pounded into nothing, over nothing, or to accept peace and walk away knowing they gained a ton of respect from just about everybody.
[/quote]

Boy did I really gain a ton of sympathy for those [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=110282]totally respectful[/url] kaskus nations!!!

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1334293646' post='2951908']
They already are going out in a blaze of glory. The only thing you're doing is looking like idiots while they do it.
[/quote]

I look fantastic, PB's tailors are top notch.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1334293646' post='2951908']
[/quote]
You expect us to place what morons think about us as a higher priority than using overkill to remedy an annoying situation involving a member that has gone on for too long?

[quote name='Illustrious' timestamp='1334293678' post='2951909']
To be honest, Umbrella quickly brought down the one nation that was in our range. Since then no other nations have been in range for us to hit.
[/quote]
Well, I'm just going off from the OP.

[quote]Their nations are gathered in a certain range, and while parties on the opposite side of the aisle may not be all that numerous, they fall outside of that specialized scope. [/quote]
OOC: The only range where Umbrella-GOONS are weak is the 18k to 54k range (essentially large middle tier). However, Kaskus-Mongols don't really have anything above 33k.

In the 15-33k range, they have 10 nations. Umbrella has four. GOONS has 49.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1334293924' post='2951918']

OOC: The only range where Umbrella-GOONS are weak is the 18k to 54k range (essentially large middle tier). However, Kaskus-Mongols don't really have anything above 33k.

[/quote]

out of the 49 GOOns has in that range, how many have full wonders, nukes, and warchest of 200mill?

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1334293910' post='2951917']
You expect us to place what morons think about us as a higher priority than using overkill to remedy an annoying situation involving a member that has gone on for too long?
[/quote]

Except you won't remedy the problem. If you guys have Kaskus surrender without lowering the rep amount within a month or even two months, I'll send you free tech.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1334294073' post='2951922']
Except you won't remedy the problem. If you guys have Kaskus surrender without lowering the rep amount within a month or even two months, I'll send you free tech.
[/quote]
That isn't the only remedy.

[/quote]
Making some alliance affiliations into academy war training grounds, like /b/ was for some time, does remedy all and any problems related to said alliance affiliations.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1334287634' post='2951763']
Let me be clear, from this moment on, all of your slots will be filled, casually and with little effort. It will be of no determent to any single one of us individually, and what little damage you will be capable of doing will be naught but a drop in the proverbial bucket. You will gain absolutely nothing by continuing this fight from here on out, except for the continuance of unnecessary destruction that you need not suffer.
[/quote]
"Seriously. We mean it this time. For real." :lol1:

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1334287728' post='2951767']
You've earned my respect for your tenacity guys, but it's time to admit defeat.
[/quote]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeJGATZ8Yx4"]Then the King of Spivs will come/Selling blood by the litre.[/url]

The green tights fit, Captain Sellout.

[quote name='Cardsrock32' timestamp='1334288500' post='2951799']
Incredibly disappointed in this but good luck to you I suppose.
[/quote]
Resign VE.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334288563' post='2951805']
I point you to our situation in DH/NPO, comrade. We are not afraid to fight, even when outnumbered.

This however has dragged on long enough, it's time for peace through superior firepower.
[/quote]
You've had superior firepower from day 1. Doofus.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334290938' post='2951835']
!@#$%^&*. Simply !@#$%^&*. You can't repeat this lie into truth Xiphosis. Kaskus had a massive higher tier advantage going into this war many nations with full wonders, huge tech advantages, enormous warchests. When those nations were knocked down, it's no wonder why we had difficulty with them. Given the disadvantages we were under, we did reasonably well.
[/quote]
Woah, looks like someone needs a kiss from Prince Valium. Here's a protip: Don't declare wars of election on alliances that you can't handle.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1334291638' post='2951847']
Because umbrella is a primarily high tier alliance, and after knocking the offending kaskus nations down into our ranges, they are unable to engage. Asking them to sell down to keep fighting kaskus would be stupid.
[/quote]
"So we called in VE--who lost over 10% of its membership while winning the war against Polaris--to take nukes. Things'll be different this time."

Regardless of how you feel about the DoW itself, Impero is right. The only two options for Kaskus/Mongols right now are either to be pounded into nothing, over nothing, or to accept peace and walk away knowing they gained a ton of respect from just about everybody. That's the only thing that really matters. This war shouldn't have happened in the first place, so it's about time it was over anyway.
[/quote]
Thank you for pointing out that absolutely nothing changed due to this DoW. Except that GOONS looks even more pathetic.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Leerjet' timestamp='1334294070' post='2951921']
out of the 49 GOOns has in that range, how many have full wonders, nukes, and warchest of 200mill?
[/quote]
This is the killer really. It didn't help that we declared war in the middle of rebuilding operations when nobody had warchests, but hey, can't let policy go unenforced.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1334294290' post='2951925']
You've had superior firepower from day 1. Doofus.
[/quote]
Not in our operational theater. Wasn't until much later we received support from our allies in C&G and more, but until we did, we held the line.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1334294171' post='2951923']
That isn't the only remedy.
[/quote]

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1334294269' post='2951924']
Making some alliance affiliations into academy war training grounds, like /b/ was for some time, does remedy all and any problems related to said alliance affiliations.
[/quote]

I'll be waiting for proof.

[/quote]

That's not fair, Omni. This is a show of force, a political statement, proving that PB enforces their members' policies. Sometimes that costs a little bit.

Besides, they didn't really have any choice, you can't let your ally get mangled by a micro for any substantial length of time. If the defenders won't pay for defending themselves against raids, they'll have to be put down.

[/quote]

They sure did gain a lot of respect. Until they threw it all away by bringing other-worldly matters into the realm and using that in an attempt to garner sympathy.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1334293924' post='2951918']

[/quote]

GOONS, yeah....no. Truth be told these are rather strong Kaskus nations left there and they're the key issue. If you look at them, most of them are launching offensive wars, well at least were. They used to be some high or upper mid tier nations with WRCs, CIAs and lots of other stuff. Such nations are always quite a fight for the winning side's lower mid tier. If we'd just think back on the DH-NPO war, that was the range most of the fighting happened.

So I don't really blame GOONS for asking help here. But to bring in the entire PB? Why not, the more the merrier. After all at this stage it's not meant to be anything fair, it's simply an end game.