Announcement from Pandora's Box

Please help me because I am not sure what is going on.

Is this accurate?

somebody pulled out a flamethrower to kill a fly because a fly swatter did not work?

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1334295680' post='2951961']
In this specific case you are right, but while I have no false hopes about that, this fiasco should make VE re-think about it's allies, being called to defend GOONS after a tech raid that gone wrong when VE expressly forbid their members to tech raid is very embarrassing to say at least.
[/quote]
Embarrassing for who? If that were the case then we wouldn't be allies with anyone who tech raids. You're really stretching to turn an alliance who chooses not to tech raid having a relationship with one that does into some sort of conflict of interests, when it really isn't.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1334295660' post='2951959']
Indeed.

We have never condemned raiding on general principal alone, but we have condemned particular instances of it where the circumstance warranted. We have always recognized peoples right to tech raid in a reasonable manner just as much as we have recognized peoples right to limit tech raiding in a reasonable manner. Both sides of the coin are just as acceptable to us.

To put it differently, we basically don't care either way.
[/quote]

Translation:

VE doesn't like some kinds of pie. VE recognizes other people like all kinds of pie. So it really does not matter what kind of pie you serve the VE, they'll eat it.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1334295660' post='2951959']
Indeed.

We have never condemned raiding on general principal alone, but we have condemned particular instances of it where the circumstance warranted. We have always recognized peoples right to tech raid in a reasonable manner just as much as we have recognized peoples right to limit tech raiding in a reasonable manner. Both sides of the coin are just as acceptable to us.

To put it differently, we basically don't care either way.
[/quote]

So, do you think that those that raid should do so at their own risk? Or should they be entitled to their sport or victim's goods without risk as guaranteed by the whole alliance?

[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1334295999' post='2951966']
Please help me because I am not sure what is going on.

Is this accurate?

somebody pulled out a flamethrower to kill a fly because a fly swatter did not work?
[/quote]
Have you ever used a flamethrower? It's fun.

[quote name='Unkajo' timestamp='1334287718' post='2951766']
Have been waiting to shoot nooks at kaskus bad kids for a while
[/quote]
By this, I assume you mean all 3 days you have been in NG? I love you man, can't get enough of you acting all tough and whatnot to fit in with the big boys.

Loving the sig as well. Your obsession with me is at that nice point right now where it is mildly amusing to sit through. I can only hope that it doesn't get stale for at least another couple of weeks.

[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1334295999' post='2951966']
[/quote]

That's exactly what happened. What a PR nightmare.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1334293203' post='2951894']
It most definitely is overwhelming firepower to prove a point. Kaskus/Mongols decided that they did not want to see the war reach a conclusion, and now it has become all of our business to conclude it.
[/quote]

it is not that we dont want to see this war to conclusion- it is that we dont see why we have to pay reps for goons aggression.

edit: typo

Edited by death from above 82

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1334296108' post='2951967']
Embarrassing for who? If that were the case then we wouldn't be allies with anyone who tech raids. You're really stretching to turn an alliance who chooses not to tech raid having a relationship with one that does into some sort of conflict of interests, when it really isn't.
[/quote]

Embarrassing for VE. This is like say: "I'm against aborts, but I'll help a friend of mine to make one just because he is my friend." or "I forbid my sons to use drugs but I doesn't see a problem in buying some pot for the son of a friend of mine."

There a difference being allied to an alliance who allow tech raids but doesn't protect the raider if the raid goes wrong(eg: STA) and being allied with an alliance who babysitter their tech raiders and make fiascos like this one happen just because some nation sent 3m and 2000 soldiers for the nation who was being raided and GOONS was outraged with such atrocity.

[quote name='death from above 82' timestamp='1334296532' post='2951974']
it is not that we dont want to see this war to conclusion- it is that we dont see why we have to pay reps for goons agression.
[/quote]

Look at the bright-side, at least you have been given an ultimatum. -_-

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1334296207' post='2951972']
By this, I assume you mean all 3 days you have been in NG? I love you man, can't get enough of you acting all tough and whatnot to fit in with the big boys.

Loving the sig as well. Your obsession with me is at that nice point right now where it is mildly amusing to sit through. I can only hope that it doesn't get stale for at least another couple of weeks.
[/quote]

Just because he's only been in NG for 3 days, doesn't mean he hasn't had hate for Kaskus and wanted to shoot off nukes on them for a while now? I didn't know you had to be in NG to want to shoot nukes off at Kaskus?

But I guess your brain only allows you to think things through so far.

This is happening? Rofl. Christ. I thought it was a joke.

If you bailin' out GOONS I feel [i]bad [/i]for you son, I got 99 problems but GOONS ain't one.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1334296602' post='2951975']
There a difference being allied to an alliance who allow tech raids but doesn't protect the raider if the raid goes wrong(eg: STA) and being allied with an alliance who babysitter their tech raiders and make fiascos like this one happen just because some nation sent 3m and 2000 soldiers for the nation who was being raided and GOONS was outraged with such atrocity.
[/quote]

We have been allied to these people for years now, I'm not sure how you are just noticing this. Who else have you thought was in PB up until now?

That's another thing I don't understand. How do you chain in allies on a tech raid? I thought the "D" was contingent on being 'at war', not 'at tech raid'. Hmmm, maybe it's just me.

Embarrassing for VE. This is like say: "I'm against aborts, but I'll help a friend of mine to make one just because he is my friend." or "I forbid my sons to use drugs but I doesn't see a problem in buying some pot for the son of a friend of mine."

[/quote]

The odd thing about this whole situation is they (goons) were stealing tech from allies. Our tech seller who we aided was also selling tech to FOK and NG.

I posted this in one of the 1800 earlier threads (it was a cut and paste my old butt cant figure this computer stuff out) and nothing was ever said of it.

[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1334297380' post='2951982']
That's another thing I don't understand. How do you chain in allies on a tech raid? I thought the "D" was contingent on being 'at war', not 'at tech raid'. Hmmm, maybe it's just me.
[/quote]

You clearly have no knowledge of how and why this happened despite numerous Kakus-made threads where we have explained, in great detail, the situation. So it's not just you. I recommend that you do some research. I'm sure the others are just as tired as I am of breaking the event down piece by piece for everyone who makes uninformed assumptions like yours.

[/quote]

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1334297124' post='2951981']
We have been allied to these people for years now, I'm not sure how you are just noticing this. Who else have you thought was in PB up until now?
[/quote]

As long as they're willing to clean up after them, it doesn't really matter what their private opinions on the situation are. And if they truly don't care one way or the other, then might as well consider VE another enforcement arm of such policies. When you want help for your wars of aggression, you can't be picky about assisting in others' in order to get it.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1334297124' post='2951981']
[/quote]

This doesn't make anything that I said less valid, just shows that VE knew where you were going into and went anyway because your alliance values power above everything else.

[/quote]

NpO protected GOONS and has historically worked with many 'immoral' alliances, yet you don't see them as guilty by association apparently. Double standards much?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1334298387' post='2951988']
This doesn't make anything that I said less valid, just shows that VE knew where you were going into and went anyway because your alliance values power above everything else.
[/quote]

Knew what? That some people raid? Yes, years ago, we were fully aware of the simple and benign fact that some people raid. I don't understand your point.

The criticism that we are allied to a number of parties who do not bar tech raiding is pretty random considering its 2012. It also has nothing to do with this war (on a fundamental level, since this war wasn't a stance on tech raiding and both original opponents are avid tech raiders) or this thread.