Delayed Justice

Malatose

[quote name='conistonslim' timestamp='1329542767' post='2923155']
I get you're all buddy buddy these days with TOP, but Jesus Christ that's rich considering the amount of tech you extorted from TOP. Somebody from TOP said they never forget, one of these days your little treaty of convieniance isn't going to be so convieniant any more. Once the numbers line up in thier favour I would guess.

Good luck rebuilding Polar and grats on peace.
[/quote]
I played no hand in determining how much tech TOP had to pay and was a strong proponent of reparation forgiveness when it became evident that there wasn't going to be a rematch.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1329541526' post='2923127']
Judging by the five previous pages in this thread alone, I'm amazed that any clause about putting the past behind you managed to make it into this agreement. Sounds to me like you guys should go back to bashing each other around again to get it out of your system.
[/quote]
It will take time for all parties to adapt. Polaris will uphold her half of the agreement. Might take more than an hour or two though, geez.

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1329542606' post='2923149'](OOC: I'm typing from my mobile, autocorrect screwed it up. Replace You're with your and stalk with sort.)It is up to you to decide if the hatchet is buried or not because we have already stated we have no desire to revisit the issue. On our end the feud is over with, what remains to be seen is if your side will use this goodwill to finally let bygones be bygones or if you want to continue the hostility and sniping.[/quote]I want peace and I came to this thread to hail the end of a feud I thought utterly pointless, for both sides. What I found was our allies questioning the reparations, as is their right, and your people using the same angry rhetoric they have used for the past two years.

If my response was hostile, and if I sniped, it is because I was frustrated and I apologize if my words ruffled your feathers or came across as an unwillingness to move on.

Regardless, hail peace. o/

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1329543525' post='2923164']
MK time to receive some Justice then right? :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Archon's entitled to his opinion. I'm entitled to mine. TOP got in its cut for what you did to them and I think it's good and just that it finally happened.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1329543574' post='2923165']
I played no hand in determining how much tech TOP had to pay and was a strong proponent of reparation forgiveness when it became evident that there wasn't going to be a rematch.
[/quote]
But you don't mind TOP giving terms that will in all likelihood be used to set up a rematch later on?

Hey if there's one thing CN history has taught us is that the best way to bury the hatchet is by demanding 70% of another alliance's tech. What's the 2nd half of that history lesson, anyways? Something about the victors living a long and prosperous life? Right.

I'm sort of looking forward to seeing those post-reps tech levels. Ouch.

Good job, TOP and co. I know you've been wanting this for quite some time.

Polar, good luck in rebuilding... you'll need it.

IRON well fought. I would have enjoyed another couple months or more of fighting you guys. TOP... Were we even at war with u guys? Reps say so but number of wars not so much. Honestly if we are to pay reps they should go to those that fought us not those who's treaties allowed others to fight for them.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1329539064' post='2923068']
I suspect that sometime down the road, you'll learn that others don't forget so easily either. Congratulations on your win.
[/quote]
I truly hope they don't forget.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1329540342' post='2923103']
Another curbstomp against Polaris ends and we once again survived against all the disbandment wishes, I would like to say thanks to all our allies and those who supported us through this war, I also would like to say thank you to Valhalla and IRON who didn't asked for reparations, my respect for both of you grow up after this, regarding TOP and TSO unhappily I can't express my feelings for this terms right now, but soon I'll.
[/quote]
Don't wait too long, and next time bring your upper tier nations out of PM.

Simon De Montfort keeping hate alive since 2010.

[quote name='Simon De Montfort' timestamp='1329544957' post='2923196']
Simon De Montfort keeping hate alive since 2010.
[/quote]

This kind of title works best when it's bestowed by someone else, otherwise people begin to suspect you're but a common !@#$%.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1329543650' post='2923169']
I want peace and I came to this thread to hail the end of a feud I thought utterly pointless, for both sides. What I found was our allies questioning the reparations, as is their right, and your people using the same angry rhetoric they have used for the past two years.

If my response was hostile, and if I sniped, it is because I was frustrated and I apologize if my words ruffled your feathers or came across as an unwillingness to move on.

Regardless, hail peace. o/
[/quote]
I agree with that sentiment and hope others in NpO share your views so a new era of Polar-TOP relations can blossom. I'm doubtless it will take time, but this is a start to that end.

Hail to peace.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1329544726' post='2923192']
I'm glad to see justice served.

To bad no apology for Bi-Polar.
[/quote]

The sincerity of forced apologies are dubious at best.

Either Polaris feels regret for what they did or they do not.

Paradoxia felt that what Polaris did to us was so out of line of the standards of conduct in CN politics, low as they might be, that we had not choice but to seek out retribution for it. The denizens of Digiterra have different feelings on the matter, as is expected.

Both sides have stated that we want today to mark the end of it. Paradoxia is genuine in that desire, I hope that Polaris is to. Should that not be the case, I guess we can fight again.

Paradoxia and Polaris is not likely to trust, or like each other again, if we ever did. But really, we have better things to do than to hold a grudge against an alliance with almost no nations that we actually can fight in the first place.

That said, how is NpO supposed to pump out that much tech in 4 months? It just hit me the actual kind of mass that is needing to be moved, and the only alliance that moves tech like that I know of is Umbrella.

Even for an AA of Polar's size there is no way to ensure enough sellers to meet that demand. Even if they had a majority of their active membership in buying range transfer their tech directly without any form of payment it would still be an incredible feat in terms of organization and delivery to hit the needed 30k per month.

This is going to be impressive to watch.