Delayed Justice

Malatose

Crymson, please, let's leave the past where it is. With the conclusion of the war, there is no reason whatsoever to continue bringing up our mistakes in Bipolar or our past transgressions against you. I don't expect us to suddenly become friends, but I do expect you to start using your posts to talk about something other than how we betrayed you, which to this point you have not yet done.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1329592817' post='2923482']
Crymson, please, let's leave the past where it is. With the conclusion of the war, there is no reason whatsoever to continue bringing up our mistakes in Bipolar or our past transgressions against you. I don't expect us to suddenly become friends, but I do expect you to start using your posts to talk about something other than how we betrayed you, which to this point you have not yet done.
[/quote]

As I noted, I was doing so for informational purposes and in response to pezstar, who had already brought it up.

Come off of it.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1329592921' post='2923484']
As I noted, I was doing so for informational purposes and in response to pezstar, who had already brought it up.

Come off of it.
[/quote]

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1329540875' post='2923116']
It's rather odd how [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=31042"]the seven alliances who attacked Polar in that war[/url] (of whom your buddies in FARK were one), all of whom contributed to and signed off on [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=34051"]the terms[/url] that were presented to Polar, are, in your rhetoric and that of others in Polar and in STA, somehow condensed down to just TOP alone. I'm sure that's convenient for the purposes of your arguments, but it doesn't match up with reality.

It's also amusing to see you justify black betrayal. I'm sure you're only OK with it when it's Polar who is doing it. After all, your alliance's entire existence is defined by obedience to Polar in all things.
[/quote]

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1329549620' post='2923240']
Just as members of Polar and STA and other simpleminded folk take the seven alliances that fought Polar in WotC and condense them down to just TOP for the purposes of their arguments, so do the same people, for the same purposes, take the eleven alliances to whom TOP paid reparations and condense them down to just MK. Like I said earlier, it's convenient for people to do these things for the sake of their arguments, but it constitutes a very obvious evasion of reality.
[/quote]

Neither of those posts are either of those things. I could spend all day clarifying for 'informational purposes', but I won't because all it does is perpetuate what is finished.

[quote name='elborrador' timestamp='1329535610' post='2922976']
How on earth do you cowards have the audacity to take reps from a war you started for no valid reason?

Reminds me how pathetic an alliance top and tso are....
[/quote]There was a valid reason.

Congrats on peace finally Polar, I knew you could work out a peace that was acceptable to all involved parties.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1329592817' post='2923482']
[/quote]
That's why the TOP-Polar war was so disheartening/unjust to begin with. You're paying reps for nothing imo, because it's not going to change anything. One of the main reasons people wanted this war was to get crymson to stop !@#$%*ing about events from two years ago that really only affected him and few others. It's clear that didn't happen, so what was the point of this war again? Due to all carrying-on in this thread, it looks like faux satisfaction, for a war that settled absolutely nothing between TOP and Polar. The community was tricked into thinking this war was some grand-just effort for TOP, when in fact it was nothing of the sort. I hate to break it to you Polar, but I don't think they will be 'satisfied' until they get rolled and have bigger fish to fry, heh.

What I find even more sad is the people who supported this war, championed and benefited from Polar's actions back in the day. Oh how times change.

And when I say crymson, I guess I mean the conglomerate TOP, crymson just happens to be the most vocal on this particular issue.

[quote name='nerolocutus' timestamp='1329594913' post='2923497']
How about we all stop this bickering and needless reminiscing re: something that is now over.

Everyone go grab a brew and buy some infra with whatever $$ you have left. Beyond that, just be happy it's over.
[/quote]

I mean you guys kind of have to, it's in your surrender clause.

-omfg

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1329593373' post='2923486']
Neither of those posts are either of those things. I could spend all day clarifying for 'informational purposes', but I won't because all it does is perpetuate what is finished.
[/quote]

Give me a break and give it a rest.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1329595346' post='2923500']
It's really not.
[/quote]

[quote]8. The undersigned agree that no further retribution for actions taken before the signing of this agreement shall be sought by either party against the other.
[/quote]

I mean you can bicker and complain as much as you want, but you just cant do anything about it.

-omfg

I have to say that some of the NpO nations I fought were pretty good considering the odds they were against. They were also fun to talk with, and I appreciate that.

To our allies, and especially IRON :wub: , thank you! I can't express the gratitude enough especially to our great ally in IRON. You guys took a huge part of this war in the mid and lower tier from the very beginning, and did damn well for an alliance your size! Kudos, and many thanks!

As to the future, my grudge is done, and although I do not look favorably on NpO, this is the first step to me being able to release the animosity I have felt for that alliance in two years.

To those !@#$%*ing about the reps, TOP hasn't asked for reps in...I can't remember tbh, but obviously to break that pattern, there was a general consent that the actions taken against us were bad enough to go against our norm.

I won't argue semantics...aggressive war, dumb for trusting polar so deserved it...whatever. The majority of Bob that can be objective saw their actions for what they were.

I hope our two alliances can move past this feud now.

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1329559748' post='2923287']
I doubt you were arguing this much when TOP was forced to pay 300-400k tech or whatever their reps were I believe they were the most in CN history. Polar's 125k is light compared to what TOP had to pay, and TOP had about the third of the members Polar has. If it pains you this much why don't you join Polar and help them pay it.
[/quote]

You're probably right, I wasn't arguing this much because at that time I didn't exist iirc. You also seem to miss the idea that I'm not actually complaining about it. I've lived my life in CN where I think the most tech I've ever seen given through reps was like 30-40k. Perhaps I missed an instance where it was higher.

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1329597085' post='2923516']
I've lived my life in CN where I think the most tech I've ever seen given through reps was like 30-40k. Perhaps I missed an instance where it was higher.
[/quote]
:facepalm:

I think the main criticism against Crymson is how historically factual he is. Until we finished this war we've certainly held a substantive argument. Now let's hope our arguing is over except on the basis of factual clarification, which we can leave emotion out of.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1329582004' post='2923400']
Regardless from my viewpoint TOP in the past has always been an alliance who hasn't went for reps ... then after MK took advantage of the situation in BiPolar to get record setting reps from you guys it seems to of changed how your alliance views reps to being more in favor of them
[/quote]
If you are claiming that TOP is now a rep-taking alliance, I'd expect us to have squeezed reps out of MHA or FARK. They certainly have the infrastructure to pull off a large reparations program, but we didn't. I took some damage from FARK this war, does that obligate them to rebuild me? Maybe for some, but we at TOP don't usually believe in extorting the losers. Reps from NpO were not because we want to gild our thrones in gold, rather just as a punishment. I doubt we'll be pushing for reps in the future.

o/peace

I am happy to see that our NpO brothers & sisters have gotten peace. But sorry to see that you seem locked into the desire to make it hard for their friends to help them pay their reps.

[quote name='Janosik' timestamp='1329598088' post='2923531']
If you are claiming that TOP is now a rep-taking alliance, I'd expect us to have squeezed reps out of MHA or FARK. They certainly have the infrastructure to pull off a large reparations program, but we didn't. I took some damage from FARK this war, does that obligate them to rebuild me? Maybe for some, but we at TOP don't usually believe in extorting the losers. Reps from NpO were not because we want to gild our thrones in gold, rather just as a punishment. I doubt we'll be pushing for reps in the future.
[/quote]

You ARE a rep-taking alliance, for good or bad, for better or worse. You might be right, it could be that you will not push for reps in the future. Atleast not until next time some one needs punishment.

Edited by GoddessOfLinn

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1329594544' post='2923492']

What I find even more sad is the people who supported this war, championed and benefited from Polar's actions back in the day. Oh how times change.
[/quote]

Those people were mature enough to talk about it afterwards and admit their mistakes. TOP and MK were mature enough to shake hands and move on. That just goes to show you TOP can put the past behind them.

EDIT : Oh I forgot SPARTA were one of the 21 alliances that attacked TOP in that war, so you sir have no room to talk.

Edited by Timberland

[quote name='GoddessOfLinn' timestamp='1329600607' post='2923550']
o/peace

I am happy to see that our NpO brothers & sisters have gotten peace. But sorry to see that you seem locked into the desire to make it hard for their friends to help them pay their reps.

You ARE a rep-taking alliance, for good or bad, for better or worse. You might be right, it could be that you will not push for reps in the future. Atleast not until next time some one needs punishment.
[/quote]
We took reps against Polaris twice. Maybe GPA, I'm not sure, I'd have to revisit their surrender terms from 2007. For the rest, we have defeated dozens of alliances and never took anything from them.

Might be something to think about.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1329602363' post='2923565']
We took reps against Polaris twice. Maybe GPA, I'm not sure, I'd have to revisit their surrender terms from 2007. For the rest, we have defeated dozens of alliances and never took anything from them.

Might be something to think about.
[/quote]

Genuine question, what were the reps from Polar for? I am assuming you mean once from this war, what was the other war?

-omfg

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1329602841' post='2923574']
Genuine question, what were the reps from Polar for? I am assuming you mean once from this war, what was the other war?

-omfg
[/quote]

The reparations the seven alliances involved levied against Polar were intended to emasculate that alliance as a threat. The levying of postwar reparations for that purpose was common practice in those days. Political norms in 2008 were substantially different from what they are now.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1329602841' post='2923574']

-omfg
[/quote]

The wotc or aka war of the coalition, electron sponge kept poking at TOP and friends for months, "Saying he was going to dance on TOP's grave" So TOP gathered a coalition and declared on Polaris, their MOD had 11 million on him to start the war :lol1: , and afterwards Polar cried about TOP having bigger nations, more tech and bigger war chest.

Edited by Timberland

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1329603165' post='2923576']
The wotc or aka war of the coalition electron sponge kept poking at TOP and friends for months, "Saying he was going to dance on TOP's grave" So TOP gathered a coalition and declared on Polaris, their MOD had 11 million on him :lol1: , and afterwards Polar cried about TOP having bigger nations, more tech and bigger war chest.
[/quote]

Thank you.

-omfg