Delayed Justice

Malatose

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TIEIXIAIS' timestamp='1329562534' post='2923306']
Polar should have thought about the repercussions of blatantly backstabbing it's allies. The matter is considered settled and NpO got a significantly easier set of terms then IRON and TOP them. I'd be happy if I were you.
[/quote]
Polar were not allies with TOP and DR two years ago. Just because TOP saw MK vulnerable and took its chance does not mean they were allied. Promises were broke and I guess a broken promise equals 70% of your tech.

[quote name='ccabal86' timestamp='1329562780' post='2923307']
Alternatively, they could have come out of peace mode. :smug:
[/quote]
Yeah that is a point. Polaris might as well fought to the last given that the terms will strip the alliance in a manner of speaking...scorched earth and all that.

Edited by Cataduanes

[quote name='ccabal86' timestamp='1329563691' post='2923317']
Never said you were lapdogs, just that not a lot is going on for you. It's understandable that you need to vent your frustration somewhere, eh?
[/quote]
not a lot =/= only thing. ;)

But regardless, congrats to your party on peace. IRON has said they were willing to bury the hatchet so lets see it happen. I believe I should try to do the same as well.

-omfg

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1329564159' post='2923319']
Yeah that is a point. Polaris might as well fought to the last given that the terms will strip the alliance in a manner of speaking...scorched earth and all that.
[/quote]

The problem with that option is that apparently that a good portion of those in peace mode denied direct orders to exit. Wonder how much help these quality members will be now when it comes to rebuilding.

Edited by ccabal86

Glad to see peace, even though the reps are exorbitant. I understand TOP getting reps from NpO, but why the heck is TSO getting reps ??

Over the years i have seen Valhalla and IRON evolve and i must say i am thoroughly impressed. My respect for IRON and Valhalla only keeps increasing with every passing day/ :wub:

Wish i could say the same about TOP, but they seem to be getting worse with every passing day.

Happy rebuilding NpO o/
IRON o/
Valhalla o/

[quote name='jesse james' timestamp='1329539987' post='2923094']
It was all Sam's doing. blame him

Things never die in this game... how long did we hear "TSO this" and "TSO that" after we left MCXA. the first step in moving on it to have the remarks stop being made.
[/quote]
Sam's doing, oh now it is blame the dead guy eh. Convenient since he is no longer playing. TSO's reputation as a bunch of traitorous scum will remain, forever. If you feel TOP is justified in exacting their revenge on Polar after 2 years, then you should not be surprised if TSO suffers the same fate in the near or far future.

[quote name='Bodvar Jarl' timestamp='1329545362' post='2923205']
The sincerity of forced apologies are dubious at best.

Either Polaris feels regret for what they did or they do not.

Paradoxia felt that what Polaris did to us was so out of line of the standards of conduct in CN politics, low as they might be, that we had not choice but to seek out retribution for it. The denizens of Digiterra have different feelings on the matter, as is expected.

Both sides have stated that we want today to mark the end of it. Paradoxia is genuine in that desire, I hope that Polaris is to. Should that not be the case, I guess we can fight again.

Paradoxia and Polaris is not likely to trust, or like each other again, if we ever did. But really, we have better things to do than to hold a grudge against an alliance with almost no nations that we actually can fight in the first place.
[/quote]
[quote name='TIEIXIAIS' timestamp='1329562534' post='2923306']
Polar should have thought about the repercussions of blatantly backstabbing it's allies. The matter is considered settled and NpO got a significantly easier set of terms then IRON and TOP them. I'd be happy if I were you.
[/quote]
Apologize :o, Allies :o /facepalm

I would like to say it was a great war I have gained alot of respect for IRON for fighting as hard as you did and being able to walk away with just a hand shake as for TOP it's a shame u wanted reps if you truly wanted to bury the hatchet then a hand shake is alot betterbthen a hand out

RoadRash

This seems about fair considering what TOP (and IRON, TORN and whoever else) had to pay out in Bipolar, which can reasonably be considered a direct consequence of Polar's deliberate selling them out.

I know there are some decent people in Polar and hopefully the clause 8 in this agreement really means it and this feud can be put to bed.

Perhaps one day those who demanded the huge reparations will also receive some payback. But this closes one chapter of unresolved injustice from Bipolar.

Congratulations to all parties on peace.

[quote name='raasaa' timestamp='1329565224' post='2923327']
Glad to see peace, even though the reps are exorbitant. I understand TOP getting reps from NpO, but why the heck is TSO getting reps ??
__

Sam's doing, oh now it is blame the dead guy eh. Convenient since he is no longer playing. TSO's reputation as a bunch of traitorous scum will remain, forever. If you feel TOP is justified in exacting their revenge on Polar after 2 years, then you should not be surprised if TSO suffers the same fate in the near or far future.

[/quote]

Well, the story is well known. It's really a point of perspective.

Yes, it was TOPs decision to declare war on CnG. Then again, Grub has feigned trust and broke his words which was the direct cause for TOPs entrance. TOP and TSO had to pay reparations for this unjustified and aggressive attack, and now we are getting them partially back from the people who broke their word in first place. Simple as that.

And raasaa, you are making a good point and actually answering your own questions. By now, after 3 years of fighting we have realized that there is absolutely nothing we can do about Polar (+ friends) hating us. We have tried approaches several times before this war and before the last one, all we were getting in return is perfectly described in your very own sentiments for us.

Hating us is something they need. They can create hate threads about us on their Forums, they can spread lies, all that for motivating the few little whimps that suck everything up their leadership releases. We all know it worked for them last time and I have little doubt it will this time.

From our perspective however, we have nothing to lose. Last time, we have paid reparations for over a year, yet our community still stands. Sad reality is, no one cares anymore. And we'd care even less, if people like you wouldn't call us scum all the time. So why, why in god's name should TSO not take reparations from someone like the New Polar Order? Why should we attempt another conciliation that isn't wanted by both sides?

Keep on threatening us.

Really, even after this war and after this peace, Polar still has no rights to pull the justice card.

MK played the game fairly. We attacked them, in a somewhat unprecedented fashion, breaking quite a few norms in the process. In turn, they took their time giving us peace, and it was not a gentle peace. Harsh as it may be, it was still fair.

What Polar did, however, is a completely different tale. One that hopefully is finished.

So, with all the discussion of what Polar is and isn't responsible for, I find it necessary to say that no, TOP probably wouldn't have attacked if not given the go-ahead by Grub. I say this because TOP asked permission. If they planned to attack no matter what, they wouldn't have asked permission. They didn't approach and try to make a plan, and come up with it with Polaris... they literally asked permission, and that's why I say that I don't think they'd have attacked if Grub hadn't granted that permission.

Whether it was a double cross by Grub, I honestly don't know. I suspect it wasn't, though. He alludes to it being his plan the whole time now, but STA talked to him extensively at the time, and unless he outright lied to our faces, it wasn't his plan. I know for sure that absolutely no one else in Polaris knew about the plan, if there was one. That also leads me to the conclusion that he didn't plan it that way.

Obviously, that's not absolution, and I'm not pretending it is. I'm just giving my perspective here.

As for the rest... well, my previous post in this thread touched on that.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1329574428' post='2923359']
So, with all the discussion of what Polar is and isn't responsible for, I find it necessary to say that no, TOP probably wouldn't have attacked if not given the go-ahead by Grub. I say this because TOP asked permission. If they planned to attack no matter what, they wouldn't have asked permission. They didn't approach and try to make a plan, and come up with it with Polaris... they literally asked permission, and that's why I say that I don't think they'd have attacked if Grub hadn't granted that permission.

Whether it was a double cross by Grub, I honestly don't know. I suspect it wasn't, though. He alludes to it being his plan the whole time now, but STA talked to him extensively at the time, and unless he outright lied to our faces, it wasn't his plan. I know for sure that absolutely no one else in Polaris knew about the plan, if there was one. That also leads me to the conclusion that he didn't plan it that way.

Obviously, that's not absolution, and I'm not pretending it is. I'm just giving my perspective here.

As for the rest... well, my previous post in this thread touched on that.
[/quote]

Still seeing it through rose coloured glasses but getting closer to the truth anyways. NSO was going to chain in IRON/TOP and thus Valhalla, TORN and others. The counter to that would have been MK and company. We had lost initiative and would have the deck stacked against us. So the decision was made to jump the chain and try to regain the initiative. Grub gave the go ahead. Someone told MK. Archon and Grub saw that they could collapse this side by pulling out polar asap and declaring it to be a separate war. Polar coming back in later was juts icing on the cake. The double cross wasn't planned until the 12th hour.

I'll let the polar apologists have fun with that.

Valhalla has escaped with out reps a few times now, and even prior to Karma we were moving away from asking for reps. Thus our attempt to purchase tech (at market rates) from STA instead of just taking it. We think it would be somewhat hypocritical for Valhalla to start demanding reps for her self at this time. At least for an offensive war.

Thanks for the war, even though it was boring as hell for those of us up here once all the nations in range had been beaten down :P

Anyways hopefully NpO will live up to article 8 so we won't have to repeat this dance in 2 years...

EDIT: Oh and thanks to our allies and the others that fought on our side, you guys are great :wub:

Edited by Megamind

[quote name='raasaa' timestamp='1329565224' post='2923327']

Over the years i have seen Valhalla and IRON evolve and i must say i am thoroughly impressed. My respect for IRON and Valhalla only keeps increasing with every passing day/ :wub:

Wish i could say the same about TOP, but they seem to be getting worse with every passing day.

Happy rebuilding NpO o/
IRON o/
Valhalla o/

Apologize :o, Allies :o /facepalm
[/quote]
Ah, we have decided that everyone needs a reminder that we still exist and that they should still hate us. People need someone to hate. it drives activity in this game, and if TSO can provide that then we are doing this game a service and everyone should be giving us tech for keeping people like you active.

Also how wrong you are about my dear friend sam. sam has never left... because he taught others, like me, how to piss others off, show no mercy, and to do what we considered to be right. sam lives on!

o/ sam

also because they are the best allies we could have
o/ TOP

Also to IRON and Valhalla o/
it has been an honor to once again right with you. you guys are great alliances and great people