Rate the War Ability

Micheal Malone

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1325955682' post='2894838']
The fact that your upper tier didn't hit enough targets (like we asked them to, to share the load of FARK's top tier) and the fact that after week1 there were hardly any new wars on NoR. I think the amount of wars from NoR on FARK can/could be counted on 3 hands.
[/quote]
Well our entire 100k+ tier took 2-3 targets if I remember correct. We declared on RIA earlier in the war tho, so several guys like myself already had 2 war slots filled. We all took targets above 100k NS and all of them besides 2two biggest who had 16k tech got below 100k NS after 1 round. After they were below 100k and into mid tier range, we didn't think we were needed anymore since there were plenty of alliances on them with only NoR and TOP having a 2nd war besides the FARK front, so since the necessary numbers were there, we focussed on our initial war. I guess we can't check it anymore but i'm willing to bet 50tech on it that you couldn't count our FARK wars on 3hands

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Exige' timestamp='1325966197' post='2894988']
Well our entire 100k+ tier took 2-3 targets if I remember correct. We declared on RIA earlier in the war tho, so several guys like myself already had 2 war slots filled. We all took targets above 100k NS and all of them besides 2two biggest who had 16k tech got below 100k NS after 1 round. After they were below 100k and into mid tier range, we didn't think we were needed anymore since there were plenty of alliances on them with only NoR and TOP having a 2nd war besides the FARK front, so since the necessary numbers were there, we focussed on our initial war. I guess we can't check it anymore but i'm willing to bet 50tech on it that you couldn't count our FARK wars on 3hands
[/quote]

Several of you took just 1 war. But I think it's better to move this convo to a better place.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1325961216' post='2894925']
How do you not rate MK as Elite?[/quote]

Excels at the diplomatic end of things...perhaps too well. Hard to gauge how good/bad MK is these days versus the incarnation that gave NPO a nuclear enema in the War of the Coalition (even as they took a pounding) or the version that fought in the Karma War. NPO is just the opposite--they were hard to gauge before Karma because they had elite/good fighting alliances surrounding them and their role focused more on logistics (aiding allied fighters) and coordination. It was later on that we got to see NPO in action in harder fights and they were exposed as being tech/military improvement/wonder light.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1325955682' post='2894838']
The fact that your upper tier didn't hit enough targets (like we asked them to, to share the load of FARK's top tier) and the fact that after week1 there were hardly any new wars on NoR. I think the amount of wars from NoR on FARK can/could be counted on 3 hands.
[/quote]

NoR pretty much only focused on RIA for the war. The NoR-Fark DoW was mostly a ghost DoW for chaining I think. I heard at some point they told their members not to declare any new wars on Fark so they pretty much had an unofficial ceasefire on them for most of the war.

[quote name='Shaazzam' timestamp='1325966864' post='2894995']
Top 40 AAs. Bleh.
[/quote]

[quote name='Supa_Troop3r' timestamp='1325969892' post='2895037']
I echo this man.
[/quote]

Sample size is important. :colbert:

[quote name='ShadowDragon' timestamp='1325978595' post='2895133']I heard at some point they told their members not to declare any new wars on Fark so they pretty much had an unofficial ceasefire on them for most of the war.
[/quote]
Untrue. After my wars with one RIA nation and two FARK nations expired, there were no targets left in the upper tiers. I think this goes for a lot of others as well.

Elite: Umbrella, The Order Of The Paradox*,
Good: Mushroom Kingdom, The Phoenix Federation***, Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence And Sadism****, Nusantara Elite Warriors*, FAN*****
Fair: Sparta, Viridian Entente, Fark, Ragnarok
Poor: Nordreich^^, The Legion**, Mostly Harmless Alliance*
No Opinion: Green Protection Agency, World Task Force, Independent Republic Of Orange Nations, Orange Defense Network, , Non Grata, Global Alliance And Treaty Organization, The Last Remnants, New Polar Order, The Democratic Order, FOK, RnR, NATO, , The Templar Knights, Valhalla, Deinos, Legacy, Argent, Multicolored Cross-X Alliance, The Foreign Division, Green Old Party, The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons, LoSS, Fellowship Of Elite Allied Republics, The International, The Imperial Order, Coalition Of Royal Allied Powers

Abstain: New Pacific Order (my alliance)

*Never fought them, based more on what I've heard.
** Poor experiences fighting on the same side
*** Ally, I greatly apprentice their willingness to fight with us against pretty much everything.
**** +1 for their swarm tactics and aid boosting by Umbrella. REALLY annoying to fight them, especially in the lowest tiers.
***** Pain in the ass to fight due to all their blasted members in the lower tiers having nukes...
^^ Uh, yeah, feeding like 2 dozen NPO nations in the last war really shows a lot of skill....
Even though I have no opinion on most of my allies fighting ability, this is mostly because I find actually fighting an alliance to be a better gauge of their ability than fighting side by side....

Edited by Iceknave

I'll just rate who I fought this war:

MCXA: 5 Fought one guy. Didn't get countered. He did ok until Umbrella showed up, then just rolled over. Which reminds me...
Umbrella: 9 Didn't fight them, but Daikos pretty much ended my war for me. So they're cool.
PPO: 3 Fought one guy. 60k NS without pentagon/FAFB/CIA/AADN/HNMS. Sent anywhere between 5 and 10 bombers per attack. Never bought guerrilla camps. He also tried to spy away CMs once, but that was probably just a misclick. It happens. As a whole, I hear PPO did quite a bit better, but my personal experience with them was pretty embarrassing.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1325967931' post='2895017']
Excels at the diplomatic end of things...perhaps too well. Hard to gauge how good/bad MK is these days versus the incarnation that gave NPO a nuclear enema in the War of the Coalition (even as they took a pounding) or the version that fought in the Karma War. NPO is just the opposite--they were hard to gauge before Karma because they had elite/good fighting alliances surrounding them and their role focused more on logistics (aiding allied fighters) and coordination. It was later on that we got to see NPO in action in harder fights and they were exposed as being tech/military improvement/wonder light.
[/quote]MK were never as good as I felt we should have been, but we were always better than anyone we fought. Our standards have also been higher than anyone we fought closely alongside, including one alliance in your top tier!!

As to everyone I've ever fought against:

1. TOP
2. Avalon
3. NPO
4. TPF
5. IRON
6. NpO/MCXA
7. Rogues
8. NPL=CSN=TTK
9. GGA
10. MHA

There is a huge gulf between #1 and #2, and between #2 and #2. #8 did more damage than #10, and I only fought them for 20 hours.

[quote name='Iceknave' timestamp='1326005289' post='2895525']
Poor: Nordreich^^, The Legion**, Mostly Harmless Alliance*
[/quote]
Heh, no. I could go into detail as to the strengths and weaknesses of Nordreich military/econ system (our econ boys don't get enough credit mind you) but there is no way that our military could be considered poor. We take on a high damage output/receive stance in every single war. Whether that's the best strategy or not is obviously debatable but that's just how we've done it up to this point. Our military preparedness (if not the result) is easily one of the best in the game as displayed by our stellar blitz in every war we've fought.

/mini rant

Elite: Umbrella, The Order Of The Paradox, Nusantara Elite Warriors, Argent

Good: Non Grata, Viridian Entente, Mushroom Kingdom, The Last Remnants, FOK, Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence And Sadism, New Pacific Order, The International, Fellowship Of Elite Allied Republics

Okay: Fark, NATO, Multicolored Cross-X Alliance, RnR, The Phoenix Federation, Independent Republic Of Orange Nations

Poor: Sparta, Mostly Harmless Alliance, New Polar Order, The Legion

No Opinion: World Task Force, The Democratic Order, The Templar Knights, Deinos, Legacy, The Foreign Division, The Imperial Order, Coalition Of Royal Allied Powers,

N/A Orange Defense Network

Elite -> Great -> Good -> Decent -> ok -> bad -> terrible ----------------------------------------------> neutral -> lol

Green Protection Agency - neutral
World Task Force- neutral
Independent Republic Of Orange Nations- Good
Umbrella- Elite
Orange Defense Network- decent
New Pacific Order- great
Mostly Harmless Alliance- poor
Non Grata- great
Sparta- ok
Global Alliance And Treaty Organization- ok
Viridian Entente- great
The Order Of The Paradox- elite
Mushroom Kingdom- great
The Last Remnants- good
New Polar Order- ok
Nordreich- good
The Democratic Order- lol
The Legion- decent
FOK-no opinion
RnR- decent
The Phoenix Federation- good
Fark- ok
NATO- decent
Nusantara Elite Warriors- ub3r 1337
The Templar Knights- ok
Ragnarok- ok
Valhalla- decent
Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence And Sadism- decent (fought them in legion. didn't impress but it was at the end of that particular war)
Deinos- tiny
Legacy- no opinion
Argent- good
Multicolored Cross-X Alliance- decent
The Foreign Division- ... didn't they merge? no opinion
Green Old Party- Neutral
The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons- good
LoSS- bad
Fellowship Of Elite Allied Republics- no opinion
The International- decent
The Imperial Order- good
Coalition Of Royal Allied Powers- no opinion

write in option- the apparatus deserves props for how well they fought too. I'll give them a "good".

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1326037335' post='2895723']
Heh, no. I could go into detail as to the strengths and weaknesses of Nordreich military/econ system (our econ boys don't get enough credit mind you) but there is no way that our military could be considered poor. We take on a high damage output/receive stance in every single war. Whether that's the best strategy or not is obviously debatable but that's just how we've done it up to this point. Our military preparedness (if not the result) is easily one of the best in the game as displayed by our stellar blitz in every war we've fought.

/mini rant
[/quote]
That's just my opinion based on actually fighting your members in DH-NPO war. The joke was if we were low on warchest and wanted someone to hit for dough, NoR targets were on the top of the list.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1325967931' post='2895017']
NPO is just the opposite--they were hard to gauge before Karma because they had elite/good fighting alliances surrounding them and their role focused more on logistics (aiding allied fighters) and coordination. It was later on that we got to see NPO in action in harder fights and they were exposed as being tech/military improvement/wonder light.
[/quote]
Karma was perhaps the toughest fight we've had to date with DH-NPO a close second. Plus, 2011 hasn't been a great year for us... 7 months out of 12, we've been at war.

When you've been pounded on for long enough, it's gonna have an impact.

Edited by Iceknave