Third Time's the Charm

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1322957955' post='2861122']
I don't see how, in a coalition war, TLR going in on that ODP or not changes the size of a gangbang on SF. It just bangs them with a different piece.
[/quote]

Assuming the war was going that way, this is going to be a quite a detrimental development for Superfriends if the rest of the alliances lined up around here decide they don't need a recent CB either. Uh, again.

I think FARK might have been the most concerning alliance of that bunch, and they've taken themselves out of that particular game from the looks of it.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1322957896' post='2861119']
How GGA'esque of you sir! :lol1: As Jgoods said, you are a stupid buffoon.

How about you go back to furiously running to PM. It's something you are at least competent at.
[/quote]
JOKES ON YOU. I'M ALREADY IN PEACE MODE AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAA

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1322957955' post='2861122']
I don't see how, in a coalition war, TLR going in on that ODP or not changes the size of a gangbang on SF. It just bangs them with a different piece.
[/quote]
Ah ok, I think I see what you are saying, but I thought NPO was pretty isolated, and not really allied to any particular sphere of influence? Well I mean sphere of influence that was mongering hate against SF. Thus the ODP brought NPO to the CnG side.

EDIT: needed some more clarification.

Edited by Enamel32

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1322957655' post='2861115']
Ahhh FARK, taking a year old somethingawful idea and pretending it was theirs.
Sounds about right.
[/quote]

As someone on the opposite side of this thing, I shake my fist.

As someone who has had stairs in my house for longer than I'd like to admit, I laughed.

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1322958529' post='2861130']
JOKES ON YOU. I'M ALREADY IN PEACE MODE AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAA
[/quote]
Ice burn! If I had known how intelligent and clever you were I wouldn't have replied. Please accept my [i]sincere [/i]apology. I'm not worthy.

Ah ok, I think I see what you are saying, but I thought NPO was pretty isolated, and not really allied to any particular sphere of influence? Well I mean sphere of influence that was mongering hate against SF. Thus the ODP brought NPO to the CnG side.

EDIT: needed some more clarification.
[/quote]

So their strategy was to hit the alliance with the least amount of treaty links in our coalition. Okay. Also, GATO also has a PIAT with NPO.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1322957338' post='2861108']
Optional treaties aren't honored or not, they're exercised or not. That's the entire point.
[/quote]
Forgot it was an ODP. :P

Nevertheless, I suspect they will exercise this treaty while RIA continues to not honor theirs!

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1322959408' post='2861146']
Yes, but you can't chain from a piat as far as I know.
[/quote]
Alliances can chain into a war simply by wanting to join the war. Treaties are good to have but not necessary.

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1322959408' post='2861146']
Yes, but you can't chain from a piat as far as I know.
[/quote]

[quote]Both signatories agree that neither is legally bound to grant request of military or financial aid form the other. Both signatories are encouraged to do so in the interest of friendship and building a healthy diplomatic relation, however requests may be denied with or without reason.[/quote]

It allows for military assistance. Nice try though.

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1322954462' post='2861055']
YES YES YES!!!

o/ FARK

We :wub: youuuu
[/quote]

Yeah, go Fark! Good job on defending your allies in the New Pola.. oh wait.

[quote name='SeasonsOfLove' timestamp='1322922242' post='2860630']
It took me 5 minutes to figure out exactly why you were the one to jump into this war, onto NPO specifically, rather than Polar's allies countering specifically. The strategy is smart, I'll give you that, but if it took 5 minutes for me to unravel it, it's incredibly transparent (OOC: I've been out of CN for 3 months). I appreciate the move, because I recognize that it would've worked perfectly in this world 4 years ago. Unfortunately, Fark, it is not 2007 any more, and so a move this transparent will not work out the way you so intend because alliances now have this habit of ignoring one of two conflicting treaties in a war to do what they want, or simply ignoring the first treaty activated in order to be on the side they prefer.

I'll give you kudos for having the cajones to make this move, though.
[/quote]

Sad but true. I wish people would honor all of their treaties, but I guess the whole two sides to a fight stigma destroys any chance of that...

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1322944504' post='2860883']
Good on ya Fark!

I say we all follow Fark's fine example and use this time to get EVERY old grude out on the table. That way when this thing dies down we can all start with a clean slate. The first 5 years of Planet Bob has come and gone. Let this war bury those butthurts so that good ol' Bob can be, in a way, born again.
[/quote]

In before Legion declares on Valhalla for purplegate.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1322946512' post='2860908']
I get FAN's grievances (even if they already acted upon it) but FARK? Can someone explain it to me?
[/quote]

(This is based on my memory so details may be off..) Back in the day Fark was 'opposed' to the NPO 'side' (old GOONS was a significant player in this story, but FAN/GGA/\m//IRON/NpO etc. were all NPO supporters). I use the word opposed loosely because they were not openly against them, but they weren't aligned to them (similar to VE 1.0). They were afraid what would happen to them considering what happened to VE 1.0 (and others, see ONOS, GPA, etc) so they ended up treatying NPO.

Half of their membership revolted because they didn't want to treaty NPO, and GOONS egged on a few prominent members to leave and create TotalFarkistan, the alliance basically split in half. GOONS also gave a protectorate (or MDP, can't remember) to TF!. Fark eventually declared war on TF! and GOONS rolled them. Under the direction of NPO, GOONS kept Fark at war for a long time and then extracted reps for them and then required Fark to sell their donations to GOONS and NPO nations for 6 months or whatever. A lot of people were enraged they had to pay other realm money for reps.

Old GOONS did pay Bob dongs for the donations in quite a few occasions, but I don't believe NPO did.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1322962419' post='2861211']
Half of their membership revolted because they didn't want to treaty NPO, and GOONS egged on a few prominent members to leave and create TotalFarkistan, the alliance basically split in half. GOONS also gave a protectorate (or MDP, can't remember) to TF!. Fark eventually declared war on TF! and GOONS rolled them. Under the direction of NPO, GOONS kept Fark at war for a long time and then extracted reps for them and then required Fark to sell their donations to GOONS and NPO nations for 6 months or whatever. A lot of people were enraged they had to pay other realm money for reps.

Old GOONS did pay Bob dongs for the donations in quite a few occasions, but I don't believe NPO did.
[/quote]
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Holy_War_of_Farkistan

In before Legion declares on Valhalla for purplegate.

[/quote]

I didn't read anything you said except for this and I lol'd.

edit: Would just like to clarify that I was laughing at you

Edited by Artigo

[/quote]

That's to many capital AH's, I am going to have to issue you a citation.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1322955737' post='2861076']
Oh god not the pm argument... god we need some new material around here.
[/quote]
[s]
You're monsters
You're still monsters[/s]
You're bad at uno.

[quote name='idsfa' timestamp='1322957440' post='2861110']
Since you have graciously requested a reminder, I am glad to oblige.

[img]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh306/idsfa/OWFsafeBlitz.gif[/img]

Thanks for your appreciation of the creative work of one of our members!
[/quote]

I remember laughing hard at this!

(This is based on my memory so details may be off..) Back in the day Fark was 'opposed' to the NPO 'side' (old GOONS was a significant player in this story, but FAN/GGA/\m//IRON/NpO etc. were all NPO supporters). I use the word opposed loosely because they were not openly against them, but they weren't aligned to them (similar to VE 1.0). They were afraid what would happen to them considering what happened to VE 1.0 (and others, see ONOS, GPA, etc) so they ended up treatying NPO.

[/quote]

You are way off.

The GOONS-FARK war started the very moment fark came to the world, and was the trigger for GW2 between the Initiative and the League. Fark remained at war for several months after the end of GW2, TF was splintered from them during that period, the war ended with a GOONS Viceroy + reps.

Also, where did you come up with forcing people to donate? That's downright impossible.