Third Time's the Charm

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1322951380' post='2860994']
So.....about that tLR ODP? :D

Ball's in your court, tLR.
[/quote]

Can we view this as a declaration of support?

tLR and co can now pre empt Sparta! :awesome:

EDIT: (Crap, 3/4 of their alliance is in PM.) Guess that won't work too well.

I believe we can find someone with a grudge for Fark as well.

If I had my way this war would just go balls to the wall all out anyone and everyone pick a side and fight.

Edited by Chalaskan

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1322953328' post='2861039']
If you look at C&G history, you will find that we have never dishonoured a treaty. We've never went to war on a ODP before though but there is a first for everything eh? ;) We shall see what happens within the following days.
[/quote]
Indeed, going to be some big boy decisions to make.

Best of luck to you guys.

This must be the first DoW I've seen where the alliance attacked has to actually defend the validity of the CB against them.

I know the peanut gallery loves commenting, but come on. It is this instant reactionary treatment of anything that even slightly deviates from tradition that is one of the main stagnating factors of our world.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1322952232' post='2861010']
So is this war connected to the Polaris war or is this a new war?
[/quote][quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1322953332' post='2861040']
That is my question. When I read the OP, I assumed that the listed CB was a joke aimed at TOP and IRON, and that Fark was coming to Polaris' aid by attacking the one alliance that it makes sense to attack. Clearly, of all the alliances that posted in support of TOP's attack, NPO is the only one that Fark (read: SF) can engage without being merrily rolled by PB and crew (Not that NPO doesn't deserve to be targeted, seeing as they only have an ODP with IRON I assume they only participated in the DoS's to be a part of the cool crowd).

That's how I read this announcement, but now Krack seems to be adamantly defending the CB that I thought was a joke, so now I have no clue.
[/quote]
Yeah. I don't really see how this could be called a new war or even really a pre-empt when NPO already involved themselves in the war.

[/quote]

Coming from an alliance who has 200 people out of 300 in peace mode for better part of the week now.

[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1322955112' post='2861068']
Coming from an alliance who has 200 people out of 300 in peace mode for better part of the week now.
[/quote]

Don't be harsh man, peace mode takes a lot of skill.

[/quote]

I'm praying to the CN GODS that TLR honors their treaty,

GOONS happens to have a secksi MDoAP treaty with TLR :smug:

Edited by Timberland

[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1322955112' post='2861068']
[/quote]
Alyster, that comment is not even..asdfkljafSAFDKJAF;LKJFDASKLAJSDF;LKAJFDA;LKJFA;DKFLJRPWOIUTPORETIUREPTOIJFDVLKN VSDLJKNFA;LKJFD;LAKJGFA;LSKJB

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1322956294' post='2861085']
Somehow I suspect the only question regarding TLR honoring their ODP with Pacifica is whether or not it makes sense in the context of a coalition war effort.
[/quote]
That is very true. Unless TLR signed the treaty purely for political capital, for example, in an attempt to supersize a potential gangbang on SF...in a situation where they never actually planned on defending NPO, because they never thought it would be a possibility.

Edited by Enamel32

[/quote]

You are cognizant of the fact that you are a member of the [i]highly revered[/i] Sparta? When you come out and play you can talk some more but by that time I doubt your bravado will be as high as it is now.

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1322956569' post='2861094']
That is very true. Unless TLR signed the treaty purely for political capital, for example, in an attempt to supersize a potential gangbang on SF...in a situation where they never actually planned on defending NPO, because they never thought it would be a possibility.
[/quote]

Every treaty we sign is backed with our full intent of honouring it. You're in Sparta. Athens was there for you every time we needed to be. You should know this. Many of us would like to see us use our ODP to defend NPO but we must also take into account the needs of the coalition. Even when we were not able to defend an ally trough military means, we were there for them in the back channels lobbying for lenient terms and what not. For example, Sparta asked us not to hit Ragnarok. In return, we asked them not to hit GATO.

[quote name='Shockz' timestamp='1322956609' post='2861095']
You are cognizant of the fact that you are a member of the [i]highly revered[/i] Sparta? When you come out and play you can talk some more but by that time I doubt your bravado will be as high as it is now.
[/quote]
I can't ask a question about a ODP? It's a simple point of interest that will vastly alter the landscape of this war. Would it make it anymore important if I was a member of MK? Please, take your hate drivel elsewhere.

[quote name='Matt Miller' timestamp='1322911778' post='2860525']
Where are those Karma sigs with the Fark guy punching the IRON guy who jumps out of the trash can when you need them?
[/quote]

Since you have graciously requested a reminder, I am glad to oblige.

[img]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh306/idsfa/OWFsafeBlitz.gif[/img]

Thanks for your appreciation of the creative work of one of our members!

Edited by idsfa

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1322956569' post='2861094']
[/quote]

I don't see how, in a coalition war, TLR going in on that ODP or not changes the size of a gangbang on SF. It just bangs them with a different piece.