TOP-Polar War Propaganda Thread

Omniscient1

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1325370333' post='2889728']
Sitting in peace mode for almost 2 months is a legit war tactic, bruh.
[/quote]

PM cycling while on the losing side of a war is a legit tactic. I've seen a whopping one alliance utilize this tactic correctly in the last two years, and I'm guessing they facepalm at every other alliance that claims to be employing this strategy.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1325380829' post='2889783']
Most people would think that the best time to do damage is when you have the maximum concentration of force to bring to bear...namely, when you still have allies on the battlefield capable of fighting.

Now, that time has largely passed, so you're left with a choice between bringing those nations out to get dogpiled because TOP and company can fully concentrate on them, or leaving them in peace mode indefinitely, which will probably end with peace terms asking them out for a dance, or will simply lay bear the fact that you left your allies to do the fighting for you.

I have no issue whatsoever with peace mode as a war tactic, but perma-peacing a large portion of one's alliance just doesn't make sense to me.
[/quote]

NpO have no reason to fight at all. They didn't start this war, they have no hope of winning this war, and therefore no reason to lose any infra or tech in foolish attempts to scrape off a bit of TOP's NS. NpO SHOULD stay in peace mode, IMHO. It'd be great to see TOP/IRON planning this war, pulling together this coalition of sheep and opportunists, only to have NpO hit peace mode en masse and have the entire thing fizzle. Daj gets mad props for that if he pulls it off.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1325396148' post='2889886']
NpO have no reason to fight at all. They didn't start this war, they have no hope of winning this war, and therefore no reason to lose any infra or tech in foolish attempts to scrape off a bit of TOP's NS. NpO SHOULD stay in peace mode, IMHO. It'd be great to see TOP/IRON planning this war, pulling together this coalition of sheep and opportunists, only to have NpO hit peace mode en masse and have the entire thing fizzle. Daj gets mad props for that if he pulls it off.
[/quote]

Except for the bit where the war ends up being considerably longer than otherwise would be the case, and NpO's allies take far more damage as a result. Perhaps I'm overly sentimental, but stretching a war out for an extra couple months when the net result is that the STAs of the world and your own war mode nations get shredded is not in my books worthy of the mad props.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1325397741' post='2889905']
Except for the bit where the war ends up being considerably longer than otherwise would be the case, and NpO's allies take far more damage as a result. Perhaps I'm overly sentimental, but stretching a war out for an extra couple months when the net result is that the STAs of the world and your own war mode nations get shredded is not in my books worthy of the mad props.
[/quote]

You've gotta give credit for the STAs of the world - including and especially STA itself - for sticking up for an ally who so [sarcasm]wonderfully[/sarcasm] sticks up for them, though.

When racists have a mental breakdown

[quote]To: ****From: Jacapo Saladin Date: 12/25/2011 3:05:27 AM

Subject: RE: Thanks

[b]Maybe if you weren't such a potato eating drunk[/b] you would have known what a stagger is in the first place and not screwed it up.[/quote]

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1325396148' post='2889886']
[/quote]

Yeah and losing those few remaining friends they have left. NpO cannot win in peace mode. They can't win in war mode either but at least it will be over if they do.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1325370333' post='2889728']
Sitting in peace mode for almost 2 months is a legit war tactic, bruh.[/quote]

Would love to see the numbers of Polar nations above 50k NS before the war? at the moment it stands at 24, if it was 24 two months ago then you might have a point.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1325450804' post='2890142']
Yeah and losing those few remaining friends they have left. NpO cannot win in peace mode. They can't win in war mode either but at least it will be over if they do.[/quote]
[i]May[/i] be over, which slightly complicates matters. If NpO is not expecting to be offered peace in any circumstance, or accepting it, staying in peace mode until some outside event forces peace seems to be better than being beat down to zero infrastructure and having to recreate nations in peace mode until the same condition is met. Unless there has been some sort of offer to the effect of Polar being granted peace some set time after all their nations leave peace mode, I'm not privy to any real information. But if given the options of being beaten up, or being beaten up and having your lunch money stolen, the incentive to rush out into overwhelming odds that can easily absorb the damage seems pointless.

[quote name='PhysicsJunky' timestamp='1325452813' post='2890164']
[i]May[/i] be over, which slightly complicates matters. If NpO is not expecting to be offered peace in any circumstance, or accepting it, staying in peace mode until some outside event forces peace seems to be better than being beat down to zero infrastructure and having to recreate nations in peace mode until the same condition is met. Unless there has been some sort of offer to the effect of Polar being granted peace some set time after all their nations leave peace mode, I'm not privy to any real information. But if given the options of being beaten up, or being beaten up and having your lunch money stolen, the incentive to rush out into overwhelming odds that can easily absorb the damage seems pointless.
[/quote]

Sure, this might make sense in the short term. In the long term though NpO's allies get turned to slag and abandon them for being such useless individuals. RIA, and STA in particular have been incinerated because of Polar.

[quote name='PhysicsJunky' timestamp='1325452813' post='2890164']
[/quote]

If NpO really thinks IRON and TOP are gonna have them in perpetual war then they are more retarded than I thought. While NpO sits in peace mode, those in war mode will be absolutely $%&@ed (they can't receive any aid) and their allies will begin to feel sorry for ever defending them. My advice for NpO is to get out of peace mode, take it like a man and change their attitude. Maybe take a look at how TOP and NPO did it after they were loathed quite broadly but got back up.

It's not hard if you aren't totally anti-social.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1325452928' post='2890165']
Sure, this might make sense in the short term. In the long term though NpO's allies get turned to slag and abandon them for being such useless individuals. RIA, and STA in particular have been incinerated because of Polar.[/quote]
From my understanding the damage on that front might already have pushed the issue out of consideration. Having made the choice, quite possibly the wrong one, I'm not sure switching midstream will do anything. As to TOP-IRON keeping NpO in permanent war or demanding destructive reparations it's not an irrational concern, not one I perhaps would have placed my money on, but I think it falls below the threshold for what constitutes retardation in this game. That bar is so close to the ground your more likely to encounter troubles tripping over it than clearing it.

In any case, this is our alliance's sole official commentary on December wars...

[img]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7180/holidayserious2.jpg[/img]

"I always thought the NpO bird was missing it's head..."

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2vt8rac.png[/IMG]

and another one this thread inspired me to make:

"Gotta come out sometime Polar..."

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/9asgu9.jpg[/IMG]

If real artists would make art instead of talk smack I wouldn't have to burn out everyone's eyes with my !@#$%* works :)

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1325453724' post='2890170']
If NpO really thinks IRON and TOP are gonna have them in perpetual war then they are more retarded than I thought. While NpO sits in peace mode, those in war mode will be absolutely $%&@ed (they can't receive any aid) and their allies will begin to feel sorry for ever defending them.
[/quote]

Given that it's Polar we're talking about, I'm unsurprised to see them take the cowardly path, and I'm not at all shocked that they're hiding while those on their side--including their direct allies--burn utterly to the ground. Honor and courage were, as we all know, never values that Polar has put any importance upon.

Still, I find it amusing that even though their reputation was rock-bottom abysmal before the war, they've managed to make it even worse through their behavior so far in the war. Of course, I don't find it surprising.

[quote name='wke235' timestamp='1325320000' post='2889491']
That's SOP for Polar. The larger players hide in PM, some even heading there before the fighting starts if they can. They do this so they can be "bankers" to help give funds to all the lower level polars to help them rebuild once the war is over. Then they give some rah-rah mails to the troops, assign the smaller players to attack groups, and sit back to watch the carnage. Even as the smaller Polars get ground into the dust, they keep sending out mails of encouragement that if they all stand strong they can win, and once they get a peace rebuilding will commence. And once enough smaller players get bill-locked out of existance, and the others can head into PM, then and only then do they get realistic in peace negotiations. Once they get peace, the smaller nations who lost a lot of tech become tech sellers in their pyramid scheme. So now the PM bankers start giving their new crop of tech sellers money to help them rebuild. But they mention to many of them that hey, since you're so low in tech, why not send tech back to us ... you can get it so cheap now and while you rebuild Infra, lets do tech deals as it will help make Polar stronger in the future. So the top 30-40 Polar players don't lose anything in the war, and end up actually growing tech off the debris afterwards. In the meantime the low levels never recover as another war just happens to come along as they reach the recovery point. And the whole cylce starts anew.
[/quote]
[IMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/SimonDeMontfort/PolarWarProp.png[/IMG]

[quote name='asawyer' timestamp='1325395700' post='2889882']
PM cycling while on the losing side of a war is a legit tactic. I've seen a whopping one alliance utilize this tactic correctly in the last two years, and I'm guessing they facepalm at every other alliance that claims to be employing this strategy.
[/quote]
What Polar is doing can't be called cycling. That would require that some of their nations actually leave peace mode, instead of just sitting in it.

[quote name='Tiber Septim' timestamp='1325548292' post='2890999']
Didn't realize Grub was part of the "Common Folk" of Polaris :P
[/quote]

You've got to give credit where it's due. Despite Grub's many...issues, he's not the kind of guy who hides in PM while the rest of his alliance burns.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325553080' post='2891069']
"Hey, that alliance has people in peace mode - they are cowards for not letting us destroy them!" propaganda wasn't even interesting or amusing five years ago when we first started seeing it.
[/quote]

No one cares about Polar's PM itself, just sucks to see STA&Co burn for Polar while NpO itself is doing nothing.

Edited by alyster