An Announcement from the Viridian Entente and The Order of the Paradox

Goldie

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, whether or not the Balkan Entente is non-chaining is irrelevant. We know VE won't leave us out to dry if the time comes, just as VE knows we'll always be there for them when or if they need us. I'm sure plenty of people either don't believe me or have convinced themselves I'm mistaken, but that probably just stems from being jealous of the trust we share with one another.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1313123214' post='2778362']
Honestly, whether or not the Balkan Entente is non-chaining is irrelevant. We know VE won't leave us out to dry if the time comes, just as VE knows we'll always be there for them when or if they need us. I'm sure plenty of people either don't believe me or have convinced themselves I'm mistaken, but that probably just stems from being jealous of the trust we share with one another.
[/quote]
Right on brother.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1313126057' post='2778405']
Hey I'm late.

Very happy we could finally put this out. It's been a great pleasure getting to know TOP these past many months.
[/quote]

Look who decided to show up :awesome:

TOP is awesome, VE is awesome. Logic indicates that therefore, this treaty is awesome. Congrats, fellas.

:wub: Asawyer

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1313126644' post='2778421']
Well, I think I like this treaty. Mainly because it pisses off GOD, but I think I like it. Strange.
[/quote]

You hear that Polar? You've been replaced in TOPics.

Congratulations to each respective/respected alliance.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1313110933' post='2778099']
If anyone thinks we'll be dropping GOD and leaving them to the wolves they may find themselves disappointed.
[/quote]

Knowing what their reaction to a treaty with TOP would be only a terrible ally or an ally looking for an out in the next war would have signed the treaty. The chances of you fighting with GOD are zero. Judging by all the VE non chaining talk I’m betting on neutrality and VE "leaving them to the wolves"

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='mompson' timestamp='1313098960' post='2777886']
That's where NpO came in here. With VE's allies.

Correction, VE hit Polar with the help of FOK, iFOK, PC, and Misfit Nations.

Hail the alliance who can hit someone with help of four more alliances
[/quote]
Are we being a hypocrite here? Learn your alliance history before you comment on VE's.

Also, I think someone just fell of his broomstick.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1313131158' post='2778467']
I'm betting on you're an idiot and this is an unrelated treaty announcement.
[/quote]

I know you say you are standing by GOD and all that but good Lord man, we all know that a good portion of your bloc is out to kill your MADP partner. It's also no secret that TOP is not happy with GOD's MDoAP partner Fark for the Polaris treaty and it's quite clear that TOP's MDoAP partner MK hates XX/GOD/SF etc. You are just weaving up closer ties to a side that is clearly opposed to what has generally been the closest treaty partner you have had for years.

The timing of this and the denials that you are hurting GOD are just crazy at this point. Because even if it truly is your intention to do all you say you are going to for GOD, no way anyone is going to believe that in the current political climate.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1313131158' post='2778467']
I'm betting on you're an idiot and this is an unrelated treaty announcement.
[/quote]

You must have missed how happy GOD was with GOONS when MK signed with TOP. Maybe you are hoping they will cancel for you :rolleyes: . Sometimes being an alliance leader means you have to make slimy decisions and stab your allies in the back.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1313131605' post='2778468']
I know you say you are standing by GOD and all that but good Lord man, we all know that a good portion of your bloc is out to kill your MADP partner. It's also no secret that TOP is not happy with GOD's MDoAP partner Fark for the Polaris treaty and it's quite clear that TOP's MDoAP partner MK hates XX/GOD/SF etc. You are just weaving up closer ties to a side that is clearly opposed to what has generally been the closest treaty partner you have had for years.

The timing of this and the denials that you are hurting GOD are just crazy at this point. Because even if it truly is your intention to do all you say you are going to for GOD, no way anyone is going to believe that in the current political climate.
[/quote]

For once you're spot on. Even if VE does defend GOD, the treaty web is going to split somewhere. If it's not VE/GOD it'll be within PB itself.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1313131605' post='2778468']
The timing of this
[/quote]

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1313097447' post='2777863']
I hereby take all credit for kick starting this all way back to a [b]year [/b]ago.
[/quote]

This isn't a thread about whether or not GOD has made mistakes and if they are deserving of some ire derived therefrom, nor is it a thread about our feelings on those mistakes, this is a treaty announcement between two alliances that have been talking for quite a long time. No hidden meaning, no special relation to other contemporaneous threads, no super duper plot.

So yea, I'm sorry I guess.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1313132460' post='2778476']
This isn't a thread about whether or not GOD has made mistakes and if they are deserving of some ire derived therefrom, nor is it a thread about our feelings on those mistakes, this is a treaty announcement between two alliances that have been talking for quite a long time. No hidden meaning, no special relation to other contemporaneous threads, no super duper plot.

So yea, I'm sorry I guess.
[/quote]

There is literally no way you can not have saw how the timing of this with the current situation that GOD is in would make it appear that you are ready to toss them to the wolves.

I don't care if you and TOP have been talking about this since the day after you reformed.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1313133263' post='2778481']
Does this at least mean you don't think Supergrievances still exists anymore, Vol Navy?
[/quote]

It would appear that the Super part has outlived it's usefulness to those with Grievances.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1313132631' post='2778479']
There is literally no way you can not have saw how the timing of this with the current situation that GOD is in would make it appear that you are ready to toss them to the wolves.

I don't care if you and TOP have been talking about this since the day after you reformed.
[/quote]

I don't hold our plans for the owf's favorite drama of the week. For binge drinking, inactivity, and nautical accidents sure, or this would have been out a few days ago, but not teeny-bopperesqe owf postings. GOD knew about this for a while, it's been in the works for a while, and if it's finalized form happens to coincide with that one thread where Ardus trumpets MJs agenda as his own or whatever then that's fine. I won't be loosing sleep over that type of synchronicity nor the conclusions you're drawing from it.

[quote name='Richard Rahl' timestamp='1313128072' post='2778435']
One day I will be able to log onto your forums VE, and then we shall see what's what!
[/quote]
I wish that Richard Rahl had an inability to get on [i]our[/i] forums which was not on purpose, and purely because of some SkyNet-related ban. :(

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1313133626' post='2778488']
I don't hold our plans for the owf's favorite drama of the week. For binge drinking, inactivity, and nautical accidents sure, or this would have been out a few days ago, but not teeny-bopperesqe owf postings. GOD knew about this for a while, it's been in the works for a while, and if it's finalized form happens to coincide with that one thread where Ardus trumpets MJs agenda as his own or whatever then that's fine. I won't be loosing sleep over that type of synchronicity nor the conclusions you're drawing from it.
[/quote]

I'd like to echo this is as well. Xiph's acknowledged he knew this was in the works. He said he understands the rationale even if he isn't happy with it, so there, we're still backing GOD up.

[quote name='Audran' timestamp='1313120597' post='2778323']
If GOD is pulled into a war because of an outside treaty it doesn't mean the mutual aggression clause is activated.
[/quote]

Edit: Post was outside context of the thread, not going to even bother.

Grats against TOP and VE.

Edited by berbers

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1313150709' post='2778527']
So hypothetically speaking, if DT hit CSN, GOD Countered DT and was then countered by NoR, your treaty wouldn't trigger on either the A or D parts unless you so chose, as GOD is reacting to an outside treaty?
[/quote]

Is that rhetorical? It wouldn't be wise to speculate on what we would do in that situation, but what you just said was explain how an optional non-chaining treaty works, so answer your own question.