An Announcement from the Viridian Entente and The Order of the Paradox

Goldie

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1313285935' post='2780186']
Think of TOP (and I suppose maybe VE's?)'s hatred for polar like a slap bet. Would they rather slap polar ten times right now, or would they rather slap polar five times over the course of eternity? Anyone who picks the former is silly. The fear of polar knowing that it could happen at any time is just as great as seeing polar getting rolled. No one will want to build a nation up if they know it will inevitably be destroyed by TOP anyways.
[/quote]
Not really. The promise of war between us and TOP is the only thing that keeps me in CN.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='asewland' timestamp='1313287409' post='2780210']
Not really. The promise of war between us and TOP is the only thing that keeps me in CN.
[/quote]

wow. really. Really?

Upon which TOP nations are you planning to extract [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=456589"]your[/url] revenge?

:mellow:

[quote name='Shardoon' timestamp='1313289082' post='2780242']
wow. really. Really?

Upon which TOP nations are you planning to extract [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=456589"]your[/url] revenge?

:mellow:
[/quote]
I really don't care. I've gotten into [i]one[/i] war since I started playing this game. I'm not pressed the political aspect of this whole 'TOP/Polar hatred.

Think of TOP (and I suppose maybe VE's?)'s hatred for polar like a slap bet. Would they rather slap polar ten times right now, or would they rather slap polar five times over the course of eternity? Anyone who picks the former is silly. The fear of polar knowing that it could happen at any time is just as great as seeing polar getting rolled. No one will want to build a nation up if they know it will inevitably be destroyed by TOP anyways.
[/quote]

To be clear, there is no fear. There never will be, Polar has survived it before and will survive it again. Not saying it's not gona hurt, that in itself would be dellusional, we are not however afraid to lose pixels.

Edited by Llanowar Elf

[/quote]

Do you honestly believe that after all the losing wars against superior forces that Polar faced through the years we will be scared just because TOP is angry with us? Do you really believe that we will stop to build our nations because we are afraid of TOP? If you really believe that sir, then you are idiot, and if your really need some prove, look at my nation, I faced ZI last war and look if I'm not building my nation and importing tech to send lovely nukes when/if TOP grow up some balls.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1313281309' post='2780122']
Hi RV

I have assessed your advice and ignored it as I have always ignored advice from delusional attention seekers. The facts are what they have been perceived to be, so let it be written, so let it be said. It will not however diminish the fact that I do not believe in the version of facts as presented.

As for shutting up, I doubt anything I have said or done has changed any reality, the die is cast and it is largely immaterial from here. What is not immaterial is my refusal to meekly accept the fate without comment.

Polaris will be here until there is no here, nothing any single person, any single alliance or any single bloc or indeed any combination thereof will change that. If my obnoxious position offends you, consider that I strongly dislike the obnoxious position of others and just because you perceive we have already lost the cause doesn't diminish my self belief, just as your assumptions do not mean yours should be similarly diminished.

The assumption as I see it ends with Polaris smashed on the rocks of popular opinion yet again, the assumption as I see considers such assumption as merely another revolution in the cycle. If TOP wants a piece of Polaris, in fact if anyone does, it demonstrates how complicated it must truly be because, to date, despite the cries and gnashing of teeth, no one has come. Come already, fulfill your destiny Luke and in the process fulfill ours.... or shut the #$%^ up about me shutting up.

Also hello.
[/quote]

You do realize that every single post you make reaffirms their hatred of not just you but Polaris as a whole? The die might have been cast, but you don't have to re-cast it every week with your irritating posts. You should take Pezstar's advice and shut up for the good of your alliance. Or continue, whatever, Maybe STA will someday realize they don't have to be tied to people such as yourself.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1313292289' post='2780274']
Do you honestly believe that after all the losing wars against superior forces that Polar faced through the years we will be scared just because TOP is angry with us? Do you really believe that we will stop to build our nations because we are afraid of TOP? If you really believe that sir, then you are idiot, and if your really need some prove, look at my nation, I faced ZI last war and look if I'm not building my nation and importing tech to send lovely nukes when/if TOP grow up some balls.
[/quote]

Grub said that Polar wouldn't build their nations so that they could deny TOP the delight of destroying them. I'm not going to dig up the post (ooc: I'm on my phone, that would be quite hard), but that's pretty damning evidence that at least some polar folk (Grub, no less) would rather stagnate than grow and get their ass kicked.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1313302527' post='2780362']
but that's pretty damning evidence that at least some polar folk (Grub, no less) would rather stagnate than grow and get their ass kicked.
[/quote]

Maybe you took him out of context :v:

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1313300044' post='2780329']
You do realize that every single post you make reaffirms their hatred of not just you but Polaris as a whole? The die might have been cast, but you don't have to re-cast it every week with your irritating posts. You should take Pezstar's advice and shut up for the good of your alliance. Or continue, whatever, Maybe STA will someday realize they don't have to be tied to people such as yourself.
[/quote]

You do realize that every single post you make irritates me, the only difference right now is you have all the 'cool' kids on your side. It was like that before and Polaris survived, it was the other way around for a long time, and Polaris survived and so in this turn of the wheel we find ourselves under the wheel and so we will survive.

I am not shocked that you feel the way you do, you know deep down I have always despised all your ilk stand for.. and I always will. You had your chance, you took the easier option, here we are.

I am unbearable apparently, but only as unbearable as you and yours are to me. Live and let die GOONboy and we will see you in hell... sooner rather than later I hope. Your banal shots across the bow are as tedious as they are repetitive.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1313303644' post='2780391']
I wouldn't consider .5 land each day as growth.

Unless you're spending money on infra every single day. Tech every single day. How many slots you got?
[/quote]

He didn't say a [i]lot[/i]. Growth is growth.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1313302527' post='2780362']
Grub said that Polar wouldn't build their nations so that they could deny TOP the delight of destroying them. I'm not going to dig up the post (ooc: I'm on my phone, that would be quite hard), but that's pretty damning evidence that at least some polar folk (Grub, no less) would rather stagnate than grow and get their ass kicked.
[/quote]

No matter what Grub said he is for sure building his nation, he had 8500 infra before VE war and as everyone else in Polaris he got his ass kicked and now he has 8500 infra again, of course he could import more tech but besides that his nation is a prove that he isn't avoiding to grow up to avoid TOP.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1313303802' post='2780396']
Why, what?
[/quote]

[color="#0000FF"]*Rayvon points to the OP[/color]

[quote name='foxfire99' timestamp='1313303863' post='2780397']
He didn't say a [i]lot[/i]. Growth is growth.
[/quote]
True true. That context thing. :lol1:

[quote name='leprecon' timestamp='1313099973' post='2777893']
Hey look! A reference to something that happened [size="5"]4 years ago[/size].
Totally a worthwhile reflection on the current leadership of the VE.
[/quote]

Both sides seem to be basing their prejudices on actions from a, partially, long time ago.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1313195171' post='2778971']
In Grub's defense, you basically already said it; it doesn't matter.

Quite frankly if I was in the same position having people casually talk about rolling my alliance, I'd tell each one of them personally to go $%&@ themselves. Ya, it's not going to make any friends, but it's really not going to make things any worse considering people on the other side are already acting like a solid bunch of asshats, rubbing in a victory before the first shot is even fired.
[/quote]
I think the cause/effect relationship between Grub/Polar being an insufferable itch and their political position is the other way around.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1313219137' post='2779427']
The life cycle of a Moldavi Order.
[/quote]

No offense, but I think that all the empirical evidence proves otherwise.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1313303769' post='2780394']
I am not shocked that you feel the way you do, you know deep down I have always despised all your ilk stand for.. and I always will. You had your chance, you took the easier option, here we are.
[/quote]
If the "easier option" ended to getting to where they are now, what was the hard option?

• 2 weeks later...

As a new user you guys really wonder why this game is actually dying and new comers can't really get involved because there always some sort of something that happened so long ago that neither side bother giving up on. Yes I've read the histories and I understand the complications/betrayals but gees guys for the good of BoB.

Why do you really think there is no retention in BoB or growth and so many people have left?

pointed out to me this was a gravedig my bad I looked at the time assuming it was today and thought it was only 6 hours ago not 12 days ago apologies

Edited by skyline613

[quote name='skyline613' timestamp='1314334021' post='2788604']
Why do you really think there is no retention on Digiterra or growth and so many people have left?
[/quote]
Because VE is so awful.

Edited by Schattenmann

• 3 months later...

GOD know they're going to get curbstomped, regardless of VE's help, and both sides have seen this cumrbstomping as inevitable for the past three or four months. These were the discussions taking place at the time when I left. I saw VE being dragged into a pointless war for an unworthy ally.

I commend VE for choosing the right side in this conflict, but it shouldn't have been a choice. A few months ago there was a lot of support among the general membership to cancel or at least downgrade the treaty with GOD because of their recklessness in interalliance affairs and goading their enemies into a pointless conflict that would drag VE in. Unfortunately the higher echelons of government were opposed to downgrading ties with GOD and as a consiquence allowed this dillema, which we (VE members 4 months ago) all so coming.

On a more positive note, welcome to the fight, VE.