An Announcement from the Viridian Entente and The Order of the Paradox

Goldie

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sincere congratulations to VE and TOP. I trust VE and I hope that this will be a chance for us to mend our relationship with TOP.

Congratulations guys.

Edited by Gizmore

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1313153997' post='2778542']
I love the VE denialism regarding GOD. Like we've never seen this dance before.
[/quote]

Has Haflinger posted yet?

I'm looking for the hat trick on the tinfoil brigade

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1313156828' post='2778554']

[/quote]

I think the tinfoil brigade recruited some guys. I believe Vol Navy and Berbers are their new additions as of late.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1313156828' post='2778554']

[/quote]
We've all seen this thing play out hundreds of times before, and every time the parties deny what inevitably happens.

The people who point it out are invariably told they are wearing foil hats.

It just gets a little stale after awhile.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1313161508' post='2778582']
We've all seen this thing play out hundreds of times before, and every time the parties deny what inevitably happens.

The people who point it out are invariably told they are wearing foil hats.

It just gets a little stale after awhile.
[/quote]

Hundreds of times? Really? Sounds like more tinfoil hyperbole.

Some people are trying way too hard: VE has a MADP with GOD and we both know that we have treaties going to [i]different[/i] parts of the web. An ODP was thus a perfect way to translate our relation into a treaty. Nobody is trying to piss people off and I'm sure Viridians have taken their closest allies into consideration. We've been working on this for a [i]long time[/i].

I haven't paid attention to politics for longer than most have been on this planet and even I know that this treaty doesn't change anything in the treaty web due to an almost identical VE/Argent treaty.

Come on guys try harder, you are uninspired and unoriginal.

[quote name='King Srqt' timestamp='1313167574' post='2778615']
I haven't paid attention to politics for longer than most have been on this planet and even I know that this treaty doesn't change anything in the treaty web due to an almost identical VE/Argent treaty.

Come on guys try harder, you are uninspired and unoriginal.
[/quote]

Hush you. Your common sense is dangerous.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1313165137' post='2778601']
Hundreds of times? Really? Sounds like more tinfoil hyperbole.
[/quote]
He must be counting his everyday life.

"Brother, you're not going to post office, you're going to the movies!"
"No."
"Can I come?"
"No."
"Mommy, brother won't take me to the movies with him!!"
"God dammit."

If not? Tinfoil hyperbole sounds like a good term to describe it.

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1313167945' post='2778617']
Hush you. Your common sense is dangerous.
[/quote]

Yep. Common sense threatens the vision the tinfoil hat-wearing population has of the evil Viridian master plan.

Edited by Teddyyo

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1313119967' post='2778311']
The [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Balkan_Entente"]Balkan Entente[/url] was written years before the advent of non-chaining clauses and contains no such language. Though I suppose that the "we hereby affirm our commitment to support one another in any such action, in any way we deem fit." could be pigeon-holed into a modern non-chaining interpretation along the lines of "good luck, buddy, we'll be here with cash when the war's over."
[/quote]
Yeah, but it was also written in a time when the conventional interpretation of at least MDPs was non-chaining. (It predates the proliferation of MADPs and chaining interpretation of the BLEU/Continuum period.) The actual wording of the treaty is quite similar to MDoAPs of the time period. So non chaining is a perfectly reasonable interpretation, and since VE have told you that they and their allies all know that their treaties are non-chaining, that's what it is.

But don't expect VE to e-lawyer their way out of it.

I'm really touched at all of these people looking out for GOD's interests itt, especially since they're usually our detractors. Rest assured, friends, that GOD and VE have had a frank discourse about this ODP and even the members most outspoken against TOP (mostly ex-Kronos folks, I think...) aren't overly concerned. GOD may never really get along with TOP, but frankly we've gotten along worse with allies of VE who had stronger relationships than an ODP.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1313171095' post='2778659']
I'm really touched at all of these people looking out for GOD's interests itt, especially since they're usually our detractors. Rest assured, friends, that GOD and VE have had a frank discourse about this ODP and even the members most outspoken against TOP (mostly ex-Kronos folks, I think...) aren't overly concerned. GOD may never really get along with TOP, but frankly we've gotten along worse with allies of VE who had stronger relationships than an ODP.
[/quote]
I'm not looking out for you, I'd love to see you get rolled.

I just know that for the entire sum of history, people have sat there claiming "nothing is wrong" when there very much is.

I'm not GOD, I'm not VE, the above fact is the only thing I'm going on.

I'm sot so much saying that there [i]is[/i] some sort of "screw GOD" conspiracy, so much as saying your word is worthless when it comes to that regard.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1313172174' post='2778674']

I just know that for the entire sum of history, people have sat there claiming "nothing is wrong" when there very much is.

I'm sot so much saying that there [i]is[/i] some sort of "screw GOD" conspiracy, so much as saying your word is worthless when it comes to that regard.
[/quote]

I just looked at your nation... it's a good thing you have a native aluminum resource, I bet your hatters work long hours.

By the way what should people say when [u]really[/u] "nothing is wrong"?

[quote name='trance addict' timestamp='1313173269' post='2778690']
I just looked at your nation... it's a good thing you have a native aluminum resource, I bet your hatters work long hours.

[/quote]
Ignore the naysayers? Laugh at them? Don't be serious and get all defensive, if anything it draws more suspicion.

[quote name='trance addict' timestamp='1313173269' post='2778690']
[/quote]
THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though people will find any reason to trash talk an alliance they do not like this is no different. Even a treaty that does nothing to change war obligations such as this will get the conspiracy theorists in a rabid frenzy.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1313172174' post='2778674']

[/quote]
GOD is full of old, jaded, cynical sons of !@#$%*es. I think we know when we smell !@#$%^&*.

And NoFish is right, as usual.

HoT, your wrong.

All this treaty does is let TOP protect VE in the next war against people declaring on them when they counter whomever hits GOD and also probably puts them involved in whatever terms are involved with VE exiting said conflict when its over. Hence why Xiph understands the reasoning(VE will still fight for him but is making sure they get out relatively clean) but is unhappy(VE treatying TOP).

Is this good or bad that these 2 alliances are playing realpolitiks before a major conflict arises to prevent dmg and reps? For you to decide...

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1313182362' post='2778802']
HoT, your wrong.

All this treaty does is let TOP protect VE in the next war against people declaring on them when they counter whomever hits GOD and also probably puts them involved in whatever terms are involved with VE exiting said conflict when its over. Hence why Xiph understands the reasoning(VE will still fight for him but is making sure they get out relatively clean) but is unhappy(VE treatying TOP).

Is this good or bad that these 2 alliances are playing realpolitiks before a major conflict arises to prevent dmg and reps? For you to decide...
[/quote]

I can't decide if you or HoT is more wrong.

That is sad, so I hope you are being facetious here.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1313183385' post='2778819']
It's pretty obvious that VE and TOP bonded over a mutual hatred of Polar. You all are reading way, way too much into it.
[/quote]
Perhaps so.

Let's just offer our congratulations to the participating parties and move on.

Congratulations to the participating parties, by the way.