An Announcement from the Viridian Entente and The Order of the Paradox

Goldie

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1313089468' post='2777734']
So only cowards sign ODP's is what you are saying, got ya

Congrats to TOP and VE
[/quote]
Good to know that you can read.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1313089625' post='2777736']
It's obvious this is merely a ploy to tie TOP and VE together to roll smaller alliances, certainly not a reflection of friendship, or even something that's been in the works.
[/quote]Its not like both alliances have a history of only declaring on small alliances while it was totally not needed in the DH-NPO war and probably a few more. Nah.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1313090463' post='2777748']

Its not like both alliances have a history of only declaring on small alliances while it was totally not needed in the DH-NPO war and probably a few more. Nah.
[/quote]

VE hit Polar last war. Polar was bigger.
TOP hit an entire freaking BLOC.

One part of a war does not "a history" make.

Edited by janax

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1313088892' post='2777723']
So we have an out for VE, how long before Sparta makes its move for its out? Congrats MK well done.
[/quote]
Are you literally the only person who doesn't know about the Doomplex.

Two very good alliances coming together in a very good treaty. In fact, this treaty is so good that no word in any language can describe it. So, you must make one up, like [i]sexyfine[/i]. But even this [u]potent[/u] word cannot describe how good of a treaty this is.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1313089492' post='2777735']
Good to see this relationship finally develop to treaty level. It's a bit unfortunate that it's taken long enough that the uninformed are likely to see it as part of the newly emerging grand geopolitical plan. And it certainly does have useful political implications if you believe what people are saying at the moment is inevitable.
[/quote]
It's unlikely that the treaty isn't part of a larger geopolitical plan. I may not like TOP, but they have a pretty solid government who understands the grand scheme of things and can easily create a plan to benefit them the most. Surely VE was part of that plan. High profile alliances like VE are rarely given treaties if they are not.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1313090463' post='2777748']
Good to know that you can read.

Its not like both alliances have a history of only declaring on small alliances while it was totally not needed in the DH-NPO war and probably a few more. Nah.
[/quote]
I will echo janax when I say that no, TOP does not have that history. Sure, they've done it a few times, but then again, there aren't many alliances who haven't.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1313090577' post='2777750']
TOP hit an entire freaking BLOC.

One part of a war does not "a history" make.
[/quote]
VE hit Polaris, yeah, but they also brought the rest of PB with them, which would make their side bigger.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1313091290' post='2777764']
Global Warming is just a sign of the coming winter :ph34r:
[/quote]
I'm truly impressed that you just spun that in Mj's favor. +1

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1313090577' post='2777750']
[/quote]

Yeah because VE hit us alone right? :laugh:

VE side: 738 nations - 28,526,184 NS
NpO: 363 nations - 12,315,486 NS

So you were saying?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1313092576' post='2777783']
Yeah because VE hit us alone right? :laugh:

VE side: 738 nations - 28,526,184 NS
NpO: 363 nations - 12,315,486 NS

So you were saying?
[/quote]

He might have meant individual alliances, not coalitions.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1313092695' post='2777785']
He might have meant individual alliances, not coalitions.
[/quote]

His argument is flawed, he premise is that VE isn't cowards because they hit an alliance bigger than them, when in fact VE hit an alliance bigger than them, but with the help of others alliances, what made their side more than 2x bigger than Polaris, this is all that matters in the end.

Edited by D34th

[quote]Its not like both alliances have a history of only declaring on small alliances while it was totally not needed in the DH-NPO war and probably a few more. Nah. [/quote]
Heh, I know this has been addressed, but I just have to quote the idiocy here. VE declared as primary aggressors against a major alliance.

Edit: yes, our side was larger. Only an idiot starts a war without the support to win it, let's be honest here. That's entirely different from declaring on a 'small alliance'.

Edited by Bob Janova

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1313093017' post='2777790']
His argument is flawed, he premise is that VE isn't cowards because they hit an alliance bigger than them, when in fact VE hit an alliance bigger than them, but with the help of others alliances, what made their side more than 2x bigger than Polaris, this is all that matters in the end.
[/quote]

It's a really stupid thing to argue over and over and over and over and over again. Considering Polar has done exactly the same thing. Remember the bi-polar war? You couldn't stand to keep it at an even war with both sides at 15 million NS. This was after two days of yourself having 2X the NS of your enemy.

It's pretty much expected that NpO was going to burn in this most recent war. More NS made it happen in a much more timely manner.

Congratulations to TOP and VE on their new found optional love.

Edited by Zoomzoomzoom

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1313093017' post='2777790']
[/quote]

No, my xoinwhatever's argument was flawed claiming they had a "history" of only declaring on smaller alliances. I merely corrected that. Whetever other alliances may or may not have been involved does not change the fact that they declared on Polar, who was larger at the time. Fact.