An Announcement from the Viridian Entente and The Order of the Paradox

Goldie

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1313183385' post='2778819']
It's pretty obvious that VE and TOP bonded over a mutual hatred of Polar. You all are reading way, way too much into it.
[/quote]

VE still hate Polar? That piss in their cornflakes just wont go away will it? Outstanding capacity demonstrated right there.

I applaud the conjoining of these two alliances in such an unimportant way (saving pixels aside of course). You deserve each other. Sincere congratulations.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1313187511' post='2778887']
VE still hate Polar? That piss in their cornflakes just wont go away will it? Outstanding capacity demonstrated right there.

I applaud the conjoining of these two alliances in such an unimportant way (saving pixels aside of course). You deserve each other. Sincere congratulations.
[/quote]
Hating Polar is fun. Why would you want to stop having fun?

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1313182362' post='2778802']
HoT, your wrong.

All this treaty does is let TOP protect VE in the next war against people declaring on them when they counter whomever hits GOD and also probably puts them involved in whatever terms are involved with VE exiting said conflict when its over. Hence why Xiph understands the reasoning(VE will still fight for him but is making sure they get out relatively clean) but is unhappy(VE treatying TOP).

Is this good or bad that these 2 alliances are playing realpolitiks before a major conflict arises to prevent dmg and reps? For you to decide...
[/quote]
This is a strange way to look at this treaty.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1313187511' post='2778887']

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm going to level with you here. Your alliance is not in a good position, and you're not doing a whole lot to help. Quite frankly the best thing you could do for Polar is to shut up. At this point I do not think it'll save you, but it might spare you some more trouble.

I doubt you will listen though. I had told you to shut up months ago, but you've continued as you have and have succeeded only at alienating more alliances from Polar than otherwise would have occurred. Also, continuing to rub salt in the wound after your betrayal was TOP was a bad.....forget it. I'm wasting my time.

Grub, you're an idiot.

Anyway, congratulations TOP and VE. Can we expect GOD to cancel on GOONS again?[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1313194536' post='2778965']
[color="#0000FF"]I'm going to level with you here. Your alliance is not in a good position, and you're not doing a whole lot to help. Quite frankly the best thing you could do for Polar is to shut up. At this point I do not think it'll save you, but it might spare you some more trouble.

I doubt you will listen though. I had told you to shut up months ago, but you've continued as you have and have succeeded only at alienating more alliances from Polar than otherwise would have occurred. Also, continuing to rub salt in the wound after your betrayal was TOP was a bad.....forget it. I'm wasting my time.

Grub, you're an idiot.

Anyway, congratulations TOP and VE. Can we expect GOD to cancel on GOONS again?[/color]
[/quote]

In Grub's defense, you basically already said it; it doesn't matter.

Quite frankly if I was in the same position having people casually talk about rolling my alliance, I'd tell each one of them personally to go $%&@ themselves. Ya, it's not going to make any friends, but it's really not going to make things any worse considering people on the other side are already acting like a solid bunch of asshats, rubbing in a victory before the first shot is even fired.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1313195171' post='2778971']
In Grub's defense, you basically already said it; it doesn't matter.

Quite frankly if I was in the same position having people casually talk about rolling my alliance, I'd tell each one of them personally to go $%&@ themselves. Ya, it's not going to make any friends, but it's really not going to make things any worse considering people on the other side are already acting like a solid bunch of asshats, rubbing in a victory before the first shot is even fired.
[/quote]

He's isolating even people who were indifferent towards Polar during BiPolar. Hell, Arsenal talked me into supporting an MDoAP with Polar post-BiPolar. It's honestly posts like those that make me want TOP to hurry up and roll them.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1313196666' post='2778985']
He's isolating even people who were indifferent towards Polar during BiPolar. Hell, Arsenal talked me into supporting an MDoAP with Polar post-BiPolar. It's honestly posts like those that make me want TOP to hurry up and roll them.
[/quote]

Who knows, maybe someday they'll actually go through with it.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1313157144' post='2778555']
I think the tinfoil brigade recruited some guys. I believe Vol Navy and Berbers are their new additions as of late.
[/quote]
In the context of the recent treaty maneuverings, open hostility to SF/XX/NpO, and the published post by Ardus, conclusions that this and other recent treaties directly relate to the coming conflict (in whatever form it takes) are entirely reasonably, and are hardly in the realm of conspiracy theories. VE and TOP might know those conclusions to be wrong with respect to this particular treaty, but they are hardly going to publicly concede otherwise even if those conclusions did have some truth to them.

Only VE and TOP (and anyone else involved) know privately what the considerations were for this treaty, so I'll take what they have said publicly and congratulate them on their friendship.

[/quote]
So why didn't the treaty happen? Did you pull your support? Sorry, but I doubt ODN would sign a treaty based on your support.

Polar will be rolled. Polar will suffer. Polar will be destroyed. Polar will survive. Polar will rebuild. Polar will thrive again.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1313199637' post='2779004']
So why didn't the treaty happen? Did you pull your support? Sorry, but I doubt ODN would sign a treaty based on your support.

Polar will be rolled. Polar will suffer. Polar will be destroyed. Polar will survive. Polar will rebuild. Polar will thrive again.
[/quote]

I was running for Senate at the time. Better relations with Polar was a major part of my election platform. We didn't sign because it became apparent over the months that followed that Polar were simply unprepared to forgive us. They pushed us away so many times and were so incredibly cold and rude that we eventually gave up. We had zero reason to choose Polar over people who genuinely liked us like MK and Umbrella. Plus the aforementioned !@#$posting on Polar's part was also rather off-putting. Grub is totally unbearable. I might have more sympathy if he acknowledged that he screwed up and didn't act like a prat at every opportunity. But this is offtopic.

I personally like the way chefjoe interpreted the timing of this treaty. We'll see if that's how it goes down quite soon. I hear winter is coming and whatnot.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1313200779' post='2779018']
<snip>
We didn't sign because it became apparent over the months that followed that Polar were simply unprepared to forgive us. They pushed us away so many times and were so [b]incredibly cold[/b] and rude that we eventually gave up.
<snip>[/quote]
So Polaris gave you... frostbite?

[img]http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/2686/horatiocainecsi.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1313200779' post='2779018']
I was running for Senate at the time. Better relations with Polar was a major part of my election platform. We didn't sign because it became apparent over the months that followed that Polar were simply unprepared to forgive us. They pushed us away so many times and were so incredibly cold and rude that we eventually gave up. We had zero reason to choose Polar over people who genuinely liked us like MK and Umbrella. Plus the aforementioned !@#$posting on Polar's part was also rather off-putting. Grub is totally unbearable. I might have more sympathy if he acknowledged that he screwed up and didn't act like a prat at every opportunity. But this is offtopic.
[/quote]

I thought the main thing was WCE. ODN didn't want to end up in-between two different sides like they did during Karma. Or was this the time before I came?

[quote name='EViL0nE' timestamp='1313191643' post='2778932']
I'm still trying to figure out which bloc to join for those of us who hate everyone equally.
[/quote]

That's a private club I started when I realized I didn't like [i]anybody[/i]. I have t-shirts, because hey its summer you can't have too many t-shirts.

No buttons though, buttons are lame, and no baseball caps either, themed baseball caps just make you look silly. There were almost beach towels but then I realized a beach towel would imply I actually spent time in proximity to many other people voluntarily, so that was killed because of the whole hating everybody thing.

Edited by TypoNinja

[/quote]

Grub posts saved us from a treaty with ODN? GRUB, I LOVE YOU EVEN MORE NOW :wub:

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1313203774' post='2779053']
That's a private club I started when I realized I didn't like [i]anybody[/i]. I have t-shirts, because hey its summer you can't have too many t-shirts.

No buttons though, buttons are lame, and no baseball caps either, themed baseball caps just make you look silly. There were almost beach towels but then I realized a beach towel would imply I actually spent time in proximity to many other people voluntarily, so that was killed because of the whole hating everybody thing.
[/quote]

[center][u]Note Of Historic Record:[/u][/center]

[quote]Unbeknown to either party, President Mr. Otingocni started a similar chapter of said club. And then decided against inviting anybody else to join.[/quote]

[quote name='EViL0nE' timestamp='1313191643' post='2778932']
I'm still trying to figure out which bloc to join for those of us who hate everyone equally.
[/quote]

Argent hates everyone. Even Argent. :smug:

On an entirely unrelated note...Congrats to two fantastic allies.

Edited by RustyNail

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1313199637' post='2779004']
[/quote]

The life cycle of a Moldavi Order.

Yevgeni .. Why??? :(

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1313204414' post='2779061']
Grub posts saved us from a treaty with ODN? GRUB, I LOVE YOU EVEN MORE NOW :wub:
[/quote]

Yeah, why reassess half the reason nobody could ever possibly want to help you get out of the terrible position you're in now, when you can just go for broke on memes that got old several years ago?

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1313203774' post='2779053']

[/quote]

O dear typo, you know you like me!

Edited by Llanowar Elf

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1313194536' post='2778965']

Grub, you're an idiot.

[/quote]

Hi RV

I have assessed your advice and ignored it as I have always ignored advice from delusional attention seekers. The facts are what they have been perceived to be, so let it be written, so let it be said. It will not however diminish the fact that I do not believe in the version of facts as presented.

As for shutting up, I doubt anything I have said or done has changed any reality, the die is cast and it is largely immaterial from here. What is not immaterial is my refusal to meekly accept the fate without comment.

Polaris will be here until there is no here, nothing any single person, any single alliance or any single bloc or indeed any combination thereof will change that. If my obnoxious position offends you, consider that I strongly dislike the obnoxious position of others and just because you perceive we have already lost the cause doesn't diminish my self belief, just as your assumptions do not mean yours should be similarly diminished.

The assumption as I see it ends with Polaris smashed on the rocks of popular opinion yet again, the assumption as I see considers such assumption as merely another revolution in the cycle. If TOP wants a piece of Polaris, in fact if anyone does, it demonstrates how complicated it must truly be because, to date, despite the cries and gnashing of teeth, no one has come. Come already, fulfill your destiny Luke and in the process fulfill ours.... or shut the #$%^ up about me shutting up.

Also hello.

[quote]I have assessed your advice and ignored it as I have always ignored advice from delusional attention seekers[/quote]

Hello Almightygrub. I would also like to offer some advice. Would you kindly try to go about repairing Polars reputation instead of pissing whatever remains to the wind whenever you post.

Sincerly,
non delusional non attention seeker :)

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1313198744' post='2778994']
Who knows, maybe someday they'll actually go through with it.
[/quote]

Think of TOP (and I suppose maybe VE's?)'s hatred for polar like a slap bet. Would they rather slap polar ten times right now, or would they rather slap polar five times over the course of eternity? Anyone who picks the former is silly. The fear of polar knowing that it could happen at any time is just as great as seeing polar getting rolled. No one will want to build a nation up if they know it will inevitably be destroyed by TOP anyways.

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAGGGG